12 replies to this topic

#1 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:25 AM

For those wondering when, well its available on newegg right now. It will become widely available on new pc's and in stores in one week but yeah, its finally out. werd.

#2 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

which reminds me i have to apply for the free vista upgrade i got from sony.

#3 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

Give them a bit to work out the bugs and some time to let the hackers have their way with it.

#4 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

Indeed, Vista sucks too much to bother with ATM.

#5 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

I can tell you that Vista is the sh*t.
I have an original CD right in from of me... ive had it since like november, as my friend works for a computer company. I do not have it installed on my comp, cuz it is a piece of sh*t(comp)... however, ive seen it on my friend's comp and its amazing.

Use trillian with Vista - its the best. And IE in Vista is awesome... All the gadgets and the transparent windows n sh*t is amazing. :tup:

Im going to install it on my new comp... whenever that happens :dork:

#6 Lesbian Dad

Lesbian Dad

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

maybe i should just wait for the service pack, like smart people. or just switch to a linux build.

#7 sch3nk2k4

sch3nk2k4

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

And IE in Vista is awesome... All the gadgets and the transparent windows n sh*t is amazing.

1) IE has never and will never be regarded as "awsome" ...NEVER!
2) if the shiny bells and whistles of a program (an operating system in this case) is the major controlling point in you opinion and arguement that said program is "the sh*t" then you have some serious problems.

i wont completely bash Windows just becuase they are the only widely accepted OS that games are built for
if i wasnt sure a gamer, i would be on some form of Linux, right now i use Gentoo but once again, not many games on that

however i would wait to make Vista your main OS just because you know every hacker will be after it and anyone using it
wait a little while to switch over, i know i dont want my computer being hacked into due to some faulty Vista code
you used to be able to hack XP through faulty file and print sharing code

i would like to see what vista looks, feels and works but i am waiting
sadly i will eventually have to switch over completely :(

#8 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:56 AM

As much as I want Vista, I'm probably gonna wait until I build a new PC to get it. There's no point in upgrading my current PC to it.

#9 300LbCrabTesticle

300LbCrabTesticle

Lurker

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

f*ck Visa...its blows and I wont buy it for 5 years, Im just now going to buy XP Pro.

I have reasons.
#1 They have totally redesigned the TCP/IP routine from the ground up and because they use C++ and not C# there WILL be buffer overflows that will be compromised within the first 6 months that will make it look like a turd (which it is). Translation: New code, compaired to code that was tried and true for 10+ years and to have to fix all the code ALL OVER AGAIN. One word, say it with me....TURD.
#2 They have random Code placements inside the OS to make it harder for viruses to change the code because it used to be in the same predictable places. Thats f*ckin stupid. Its not hard at all to make it search....which will take about 3 secs to find the bit of code they need, and Vista is having problems finding half the randomized code.
#3 With the 64-bit version your first need at LEAST 4 gigs of ram for it to run decently. Two, the Locked down kernel will hurt more than it will help. Companies trying to help are blocked but hackers have free reign. yea yea....It allows MS to change the kernel top block them, but when it took them 6 months to turn off a DLL that was being exploited in the image generators in IE, I don't trust that for sh*t.
#4 The 64 Bit driver signatures dont work half the time and in order to get a driver signed you need $5k, which will prevent people from making and helping legacy products.

Which is why i say f*ck Vista, it Blows and Im buying XP Pro and Mandriva 2007 "gamers edition"

Edited by 300LbCrabTesticle, 26 January 2007 - 04:21 PM.

#10 onyx

onyx

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:21 AM

Found an interesting article on Vista here is an excerpt

"Vista's legal fine print includes extensive provisions granting Microsoft the right to regularly check the legitimacy of the software and holds the prospect of deleting certain programs without the user's knowledge. During the installation process, users "activate" Vista by associating it with a particular computer or device and transmitting certain hardware information directly to Microsoft.

Even after installation, the legal agreement grants Microsoft the right to revalidate the software or to require users to reactivate it should they make changes to their computer components. In addition, it sets significant limits on the ability to copy or transfer the software, prohibiting anything more than a single backup copy and setting strict limits on transferring the software to different devices or users. "

f*ck Vista

#11 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

This I have a problem with . . .

"The new operating system has been criticised for the way it handles digital content, such as paid for movies and downloads.

Vista is able to downgrade the quality of video and audio if the content owners - such as a movie studio or download service - want the PC on which the media is being played to have specific connectors, such as a HDMI port to connect to a monitor.

So-called digital rights management (DRM) technology in Vista gives Microsoft the ability to lock you out of your computer."

:tdown:

#12 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yeah when i run vista.. im going to unplug it from the internet.. solves all of those things! and when i want to do something online then just use xp.. only reason i'll be running vista is for dx10..

#13 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

This I have a problem with . . .
"The new operating system has been criticised for the way it handles digital content, such as paid for movies and downloads.

Vista is able to downgrade the quality of video and audio if the content owners - such as a movie studio or download service - want the PC on which the media is being played to have specific connectors, such as a HDMI port to connect to a monitor.

So-called digital rights management (DRM) technology in Vista gives Microsoft the ability to lock you out of your computer."

:tdown:

That is f*cking bullsh*t....f*ck them.

Edited by Mike2077, 29 January 2007 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users