36 replies to this topic

#21 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

yea im not a big fan of ls/vtec.. frankenstein engines never last long..trust me ive fixed many of them..after 50-80k something always happens.. usualy they toss valves.. i just said f*ck it and went to laskey racing and went 84.5mm
you notice a waaayyy bigger difference.. in a teg with the power to weight ratio not being that great.. its better to run a bigger displacement.. ive seen h22s run decent in tegs.. tho the cyl walls of the h22 are the thinest of all honda engines they hardly ever go above 240hp..im not the b20 or h22 fan at all.. b16a and gsr..ls is nice with arp's and a 3mm head gasket.. u can run almost 20 lbs of boost with that set up (3mm h/g will drop your 9.5:1 c.r to around 8.2 c.r.) inlinepro has been doing this on stock internals for several years.. i know many of those guys..

i worked at pohanka acura for years..ive seen ls/vtec's toast up quikly.. make sure u run a decent oil line kit ..golden eagle and inlinepro make decent ones..

good luck i have a few vids that r insane.. i will post them when i find them

#22 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

First off holy repeat subject batman :muaha:

this was only brought up 2 months ago

Original Post

Post your cars Nov 2 2006

and here is my response from that post

Here is a link to pics of a car that is exactly like mine

Saab 2003 9-3 Arc

#23 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:12 AM

sorry i wasnt here in earl nov to know :evilgrin:

we need a car chat section..lol

#24 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

Now thats a gangster car

#25 sch3nk2k4

sch3nk2k4

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

/agree
shadow if you read this, a general car chat section would be awsome
seems like a lot of people here enjoy talking about them, not a bad idea i think
nice cars to everyone that made a serious post lol

#26 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

Jeep 1998 Cherokee Sport 4.o Straight 6
Posted Image

Also own a 1999 Toyota Camry. 4banger my bro goes to school in.

I am in the process of locating a lightly used Impreza 2.5i 2005
I may sleeper mod it, but i dont want a turbo on my insurance right now.

#27 donnie<3jdm

donnie<3jdm

Lurker

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:22 AM

yea im not a big fan of ls/vtec.. frankenstein engines never last long..trust me ive fixed many of them..after 50-80k something always happens.. usualy they toss valves.. i just said f*ck it and went to laskey racing and went 84.5mm
you notice a waaayyy bigger difference.. in a teg with the power to weight ratio not being that great.. its better to run a bigger displacement.. ive seen h22s run decent in tegs.. tho the cyl walls of the h22 are the thinest of all honda engines they hardly ever go above 240hp..im not the b20 or h22 fan at all.. b16a and gsr..ls is nice with arp's and a 3mm head gasket.. u can run almost 20 lbs of boost with that set up (3mm h/g will drop your 9.5:1 c.r to around 8.2 c.r.) inlinepro has been doing this on stock internals for several years.. i know many of those guys..
i worked at pohanka acura for years..ive seen ls/vtec's toast up quikly.. make sure u run a decent oil line kit ..golden eagle and inlinepro make decent ones..

good luck i have a few vids that r insane.. i will post them when i find them

h22 in civics are terrible. and are veryyy verryyy faulty, i have a friend that would love to show you the mess in his garage caused by a h22a swap into his hatch....

91 civic ---> ZC swap or a b16a1 best bang for buck swaps (i personally have the b16) plus the most easiest.

when my car gets into vtec its like "OMGZ POWAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZ" , i dont want winter to go by fast because of snowboarding, but im dieeeinggg to take the whip out of hibernation and just giv'r

also i always thought the d-series motors where best for boost apps? also isnt the gsr just a b18c?. just curious. i no more about the ef hatch stuff.

i have murdered a gsr teggy before though. the look on his face was priceless.

#28 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:23 AM

a little lesson

ok as you know.. there are differences in engines between usdm (united states dom market) and jdm (jap dom market)

In japan there is no acura,infiniti,lexus,.. its all honda,toyota and nissan..etc..the 2ndary comapny's are not there

for honda engines.. anything with a number at the end of the code is american

so heres a small run down

D15b 1.5. sohc vtec (jdm)

now heres where the fun begins there is no D SERIES ANYTHING JDM (other then the 1.5 above)

zc 88-91 sohc non v-tec (jdm & usdm)
zc 88-91 DOHC non v-tec (jdm)
zc 92-95 SOHC V-TEC (jdm)
D16z6 92-95 SOHC V-TEC (usdm)
D16Y7 AND Y8 ARE NEWER CIVICS 96-00
D17 SOHC VTEC 2K AND UP..
b16a obd-0 (jdm) you can tell the difference between the obd-0 and everything else due to the engines plug..its whitish or clear compared to the grey that the other obd-1 and 2 have..
B16a6 USDM..FOUND IN DEL SLOWS 92-95 also in 99-00 civic si..same sh*t mang
B16b (jdm) civic type r (ctr) 185hp :tup:
b18b (usdm & jdm) teg (ls)
b18c1 (usdm) integra
b18c (jdm) integra
b18c (jdm integra TYPE-R) yes they are stamped the same as the regular gsr's. red valve cover and engine harness is the only way to tell..also lsd tranny..
b18c5 (usdm) acura integra typeR (itr) :tup:

im not even going to go into h/f/k series..its like 5am..

now as far as the h22..i agree.. for the civics they suck. just because ppl see the cheap price and the hp..ppl run to it..then they get their car torn to bits and realize...omg i need mounts..omg i need sh*t for the shifter cables..then axels come into play..hope you can find the right combo without paying a billion dollars.. then perfomance wise..lol good in straight line..then u have to slow down..that heavy ass engine has your little civic brakes all torn the f*ck up..so add cash for brakes and suspension as well..they cant handle AT ALL.. the gsr and b16a is a way better option

1) u can use oem stock teg mounts to get them in
2) the harnesses are the same sh*t.. add 3 wires and run (depending on what year) 92-95 is f*cking cake
3) you spend way less money going b series..
4) all b series engine parts are compatable like chevy and some ford..lol
5) no h22 makes more the 230WHP without serious cash..then they get 260 max after spending 6k.. could be smart and buy a new b16a and boost that sh*t for 6k..u will be 3 times as fast..

i am an ef lover as well.. i had the 91 civic si(ef-9) with built b16a.. mugen chipped pr3 ecu.. vtec hits at 3500 and shifts at 9500 thanks to the chip.. wwwwwwhhaaaaa BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. MAN i miss that car..i smoked sooo much crap in that car.. i was working at noyanusa in manassas..(jdm engine distrib) i got my swap for 1200 with a sh*tload of extra goodies..
jasma mugen 4-1 header,ctr flywheel,teg seats,lsd trans (cable at that)

DONNIE..HERES SOME CANDY AND INFO I KNOW EVERYONE WILL LIKE..SOME D SERIES BOOSTING INFO AS WELL.. the d series is a great way to boost cheap.. look at the website you will understand.. you can find 99% of all the parts in a junk yard..look at the set ups..

http://www.homemadet...turbo_projects/

http://videos.street...43-42A8DB0C66A5

Edited by Bseries, 01 February 2007 - 06:01 AM.

#29 donnie<3jdm

donnie<3jdm

Lurker

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:56 AM

thats some awesome info, thanks for the motor run down. and yah my buddies civic it snapped the axles like freakin toothpicks. h22 swaps into civics back in 2000 were the sh*t though lol. i remember looking at it going "OMGZ UR SO KOOL!". and at first i was like "my parents suck all i got was a sh*t 91 civic". but then donnie learned how to use the internets. and that is when sh*t went for the better lol.

p.s. im just doing a n/a build. because i want to do a right hand drive conversion.

#30 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

yea i know my old work has them

check noyanusa.com

or if you want to wait a few months.. i will be able to get them direct.. a friend and i are going in on a container
from osaka japan.. they run 25k for basic stuff.. 4g63's b16a's b18c's etc.. no k series or itr / ctr

concept motorsports.. centreville / manassas va area

we will be doing swaps.. conversions..exhausts..whatever

my friend and co-owned has a 4dr dc teg with a type-r front end... its sweet

noyan will definately have teg front clips..just call and ask for mark.. i know arash the owner is still a lil pissed at me so dont mention my name.. im goin go there next week and try to patch things up.. i left without notice.. i moved home when my son was born..didnt say much.. it was under the table anyway

you may pick up the clip/swap and all for around 3300

laterz

if anyone has questions hit me up..i was a modd for honda-tech as well

DID YOU LIKE THE LINKS DONNIE???

brian

Edited by Bseries, 03 February 2007 - 08:27 AM.

#31 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:47 AM

I said it before and I'll say it again: 4g63>ALL 350+ whp all day long with stock internals - balance shafts. No worries about it blowing up if properly tuned. That and rediculous HP with built motor/big fuckin turbo.

DSM>Honda

kthanksbye

#32 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image

BALLIN

#33 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:43 AM

i agree shlonky.. i like the 4g63-t

since its debut its been argued that it and the sr20det are the best 2 turbo engines made by any company
along with the 2jz supra engine..

the only thing with the 4g is yes the balance shaft that can be delt with and the fact that they dont hold c.r. very well

after 45-60k they blow smoke more then a tipical engine.. my friend has a 91 gsx with a stroked 4g running a super 16g turbo..with a ton of other goodies.. tuned with dsm link data logger.. its tough to beat awd from the line.. ive seen chris's car spank built z28s so bad they couldnt read the license plate at the 1/8th mile mark..he pulls 4 cars just from the line..

the other thing is the tranny's.. they dont build a trans for sh*t.. shift forks break or syncro's will tear out easily above 280-300hp..

most dont know that to this day dsm makes 3/4ths of the dodge auto trans for their cars and trucks.. and 1/4 the manual tranny's as well..neon,srt-4 etc..

ive seen the power of built 4g's alot..id own an evo 6 or 8 anyday and i consider them to be in the "supercar" status just because with 3k in upgrades.. vettes,porche's and some ferrari's cant hang..and for 100000000000 dollars less

the reason i like honda/acura is simply because they (with a 4 banger) lead the world in hp per liter
for every 1 liter they get 100 hp.. b16a = 160hp.. b18c..= 180 just put in a decimal and you know pretty much liter and what hp it is.. except for the type-r b18c which is 200hp just because of the higher c.r. and the head is ported and polished from the factory.

also all the parts are interchangable.. like a ford or chevy.. cams,blocks and heads,intake mani',pistons,etc are all interchangable..you can put an integra gsr engine into a civic using stock gsr mounts (eg chassis only) 92-95

they are so simple to work on.. if you can plug a vacuum into a wall u can wire a honda.. ray charles can do it

i thinks its funny tho im american that it takes a mustang a 5.0l v-8 to make 245hp
and it takes a honda 1.8 to make 200 with 4 cyl less..lol thats funny sh*t

man we need a car section!!!!

watch this..its amazing..this is what happens when a dsm meets a civic

http://videos.street...43-42A8DB0C66A5

#34 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:47 AM

any got any vids of their rides at WOT? Ill try to get mne up when i get a chance

#35 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:50 AM

1991 galant #1124

Posted Image
dave

#36 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

oooooohhhhhh sh*t is dat a vr-4???

man i want one.. they are the ultimate sleepa

my boy has on around 400ish hp.. stroked 4g and a t3/60-1 turbo.. and a butload of modds

sweet ride

#37 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

The New Whip, I said nah to the subby, and pick up this point A - point B

After School I will most likely get a nicer car :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users