18 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

Came out today...I'm going later tonight to see it.

And btw, on the Top 5 least stuff that commie posted, he can't count.

#2 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

It's because he had two in a tie. That's how you count it. 1, 2, 2, 4, 5

#3 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

Well...f*ckers pissed me off.

We ended up not going, which was bullsh*t, really.

Anyone see this yet? I want to know if it is any good.

#4 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:54 AM

Just went to see it tonight. Two thumbs up.

Edited by Florida_Funk, 29 January 2007 - 02:55 AM.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:25 AM

I just finished watching it. A LOT better then I thought it was going to be. :tup:

#6 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

I saw it on Friday and it was the exact opposite of the commercials. It is NOT a straight up action flick, there is alot of plot to it. To me, it seems alot like Lucky # Slevin in that sense.

It's a good movie, but not overly spectacular.

#7 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

I saw it on Friday and it was the exact opposite of the commercials. It is NOT a straight up action flick, there is alot of plot to it. To me, it seems alot like Lucky # Slevin in that sense.

It's a good movie, but not overly spectacular.

Yeah it reminded me of lucky number slevin too. But I was pleasently surprised since i was expecting the typical "transporter" type of movie.

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

Lucky Number Slevin? Then I'll definately have to see this one! :tup:

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

This movie fucking blows, Don't even waste ur time.

And comparing it to Lucky Number Slevin? yesh thats as bad as tyler saying that Crank was as good as Equilibrium.

#10 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

you really thought it was that bad shadow? Now yes I agree they should have ended it like 20min sooner and I would have liked to see "van wilder" died, and I didn't quit get the why the black lesbo had the 50cal. but other than that it was a pretty good action movie.

#11 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

yesh thats as bad as tyler saying that Crank was as good as Equilibrium.

Dude, I apologized for that. Can we just bury that now?

#12 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

This movie f*cking blows, Don't even waste ur time.

And comparing it to Lucky Number Slevin? yesh thats as bad as tyler saying that Crank was as good as Equilibrium.

Well, it�s comparable due to the fact that Ryan Reynolds and Josh Hartnett are both total f*cking fags.

#13 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

Lol we are not gonna bury the funniest thing ever posted on this section of the forums Tyler, it ain't happening.

And yes I personally think it was *really that bad*, Lemme just sum up some of the stuff I found totally stupid, The nigger chick hooking up with one of the dudes Security team leaders or w/e, that right there, just about summed up the entire movie, it was boring, slow, dragged on to all hell, had no basis, and personally I still didn't understand the whole bit of *everyone* wanting to kill the guy because there was only like 6 dudes trying to kill him, plus the two chicks.

its just an over-hyped piece of shit.

#14 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

c'mon... chainsaw wielding neonazis ftw!

and any movie afflec dies within the first 30 minutes get a giant :tup: :tup: from me.

you also can't beat the facial puppeteering.

#15 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

Everyone i knew that saw it said it was good...........

ill check it out.

#16 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

This movie f*cking blows, Don't even waste ur time.

Lucky # Slevin was billed as a high action flick and turned out to be pretty light on the action and high on the plot. Smokin' Aces had the same marketing. Billed high action, but in reality, it was high plot. That's how I was comparing. Lucky # Slevin was a much better movie over all.

Also, Halcomb, Affleck's character dieing like that bugged the sh*t out of me. He was the one who narrated the neo-nazis intro. Why the f*ck didn't he recognize the car when they drove past the first time?

#17 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

Watched it last night. I liked it. Nothing incredible. Good plot, great concept of telling the story, lots of blood. Good Stuff.

@Justin Sane: dude there was plenty of action. Not sure how you missed it. I could understand if people WERENT getting toasted by 50 cal rounds and flying across the halls lol. Well regardless, I dont base movie quality on how bloody it gets lol but u get my point.

#18 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:00 AM

All in all, the movie did fail compared to most due to the fact that the plot was very twisted to begin with, at least with lucky number Slevin they drew it out and explained all the events and in the end you were shocked / amazed at how good it ended, with this you didn't say *Wow, that was great*. you just kinda nodded off and thought bleh.

this movie dragged on so much I literally skipped through scenes while watching it, not because it was horrible, but because nothing was going on, there was a lot of dead scenes which in my opinion should not have been in the movie, for one, the guy who got dumped in lake visiting that woman's house with the ADHD kid, like what the fuck was that added for? seriously, I was disappointed not because the hype, but for the quality of directing in this movie, they should have hired somebody with a bit more class in editing scenes and showing how it really would of went down, because lets face it, if everybody wanted him dead so badly, they would of just sniped him with the 50cal and called it a day.

I know that sounds stupid, but lets face it, this entire movie was stupid, the bad outnumbered the good in this flick and it should have been pulled before showing and reworked until it wasn't such a piece of shit.

#19 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Saw it at the movies last night. I liked it. I think its worth to be seen on the big screen and owned on DVD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users