• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Raphael

Raphael

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

Not that I have any pull at this forum, or boss gamer servers for that matter--but I would just like to say it is kind of bullsh*t for an admin (I belive Boss|Cincinnati Kid) to kick me and Michaelangelo without merit. He thought we were ghosting and we don't. I don't even have a microphone. There's nothing else to say. We don't ghost and it's unfortunate that he thought we did, therefore it was kind of sh*tty for him (or her) to kick us. /end rant

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

One, cinci isnt an admin, it was me. Two, he blatently said it in chat for everyone to see so don't gimme that bullsh*t. Your ninja turtle friend there was slowalking to a guy that wasnt in site and turned the corner exactly when his back was turned. Luck? doubted it but when he said it about that in the main chat, don't give me sh*t for kicking you too. And is it just a coincidence that I see both of you in the servers at the same time and not just one by yourselves? 'nuff said from here.

#3 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:17 AM

ma_users............

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

ma_users............

they werent on same ip, checked. vent/teamspeak/xfire....

#5 Raphael

Raphael

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

quote button f*cking up on my comp so here goes:

"One, cinci isnt an admin, it was me."
OK

"Two, he blatently said it in chat for everyone to see so don't gimme that bullsh*t."
He was obviously f*cking around? Let me walk you through this logic since it somehow is unclear. If we were ghosting, i.e. talking to each other via microphone, why the f*ck would he tell me to do something IN CHAT so that ALL could see. Wouldn't he just tell me over the mic? The sarcasm was so blatently obvious that only a fool could have taken his comment seriously. It would be like a T purposely saying RUSH GARAGE next round, in all chat, so even CTs could hear.

"Your ninja turtle friend there was slowalking to a guy that wasnt in site and turned the corner exactly when his back was turned. Luck?"
He was watching paper room, the other T was watching projector room doors. There was 1 CT left. If you ever paid attention to us you would notice that me and Mich. always try to knife. He had 50/50 odds that the CT would go projector room doors. (the only other choice would be through paper room). 50/50 is good enough to try and go for a knife.

"doubted it but when he said it about that in the main chat, don't give me sh*t for kicking you too."
Already answered

"And is it just a coincidence that I see both of you in the servers at the same time and not just one by yourselves? 'nuff said from here."
Hmm perhaps we like playing together because we coordinate our play, as in we both rush office one round, or both rush stairwell one round. It's funner that way. And you talk like you are on the server 24/7, which can't be the case because I have been on there without him and likewise he has been there without me.

#6 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:01 AM

He thought we were ghosting and we don't.

I don't agree with ghosting, but alot of guys on boss vent ghost all the time. I'm not mentioning any names, but it does happen alot.

#7 sch3nk2k4

sch3nk2k4

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:15 AM

i for one am more than guilty of ghosting but only in extreme situations
...like an gg_canyon when someone falls into the river and is stuck on the rocks

however, i agree ghosting is stupid in most situations
GG maps are that bad to ghost on cause its a game of a game and nobody takes that too seriously
but i have never been yelled at for telling ppl where the last alive player was, and if i was accused of doing so i wouldn't come on the board and start yelling at people who aren't even admin that they kicked me
its a game, so chill out, you dont like how our admins run the game, then find a different server dont bash our community
with 1,800+ members olbviously people like how BoSS runs things
just apologize for flipping out and dont throw a hissy fit over nothing next time

#8 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:49 AM

im no admin, so dont take this as insult to injury.. but i was there in that game while that happend.. you knew right where the last guy was.. you didnt even glance left walking out of storage room..(to elevators) you pulled the knife.. walked slowly imediately right into T spawn..you were too slow.. your partner shot the last ct in the face..

i was on vent and listening to others talk about your play..

understand..that on vent..there are BOTH ct's and T's so we dont give out much info due to it being unfair to each other.

last night.. zeke,scrap,ghozy,jack,cinci, were all on vent and all ct's.. at the same time we had drizzle and i and a few others as t's.. so there is no favorites and your talk about vent ghosting has no real ground in this situation..

again im not pointing any fingers.. but man..........that was real weird. WATCH ANYONE COMING OUT OF THAT ROOM.

ANY T would definately check that window by elevators.. how many times has anyone been shot there?? millions
ct's camp that spot.. so i found it strange you didnt check..didnt even glance to see???

well thats it for me.. you have to admitt.. it is kinda strange :evilgrin:

#9 Raphael

Raphael

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

so i wouldn't come on the board and start yelling at people who aren't even admin that they kicked me
its a game, so chill out, you dont like how our admins run the game, then find a different server dont bash our community
with 1,800+ members olbviously people like how BoSS runs things
just apologize for flipping out and dont throw a hissy fit over nothing next time

Chill out? I'm not exactly flipping out over this. I was just saying I like playing at BoSS servers and it was frustrating to be kicked for doing something that didn't happen. I am by no means bashing an entire community for questioning the kicks of one admin.

"im no admin, so dont take this as insult to injury.. but i was there in that game while that happend.. you knew right where the last guy was.. you didnt even glance left walking out of storage room..(to elevators) you pulled the knife.. walked slowly imediately right into T spawn..you were too slow.. your partner shot the last ct in the face."

First of all it was not me that was going to knife. Second, if my partner shot the last ct in the face then that would mean that both of us were alive so how could we be ghosting?

"ANY T would definately check that window by elevators.. how many times has anyone been shot there?? millions
ct's camp that spot.. so i found it strange you didnt check..didnt even glance to see???"

That is not true. When there is one CT left and you see a T die on radar near projector room doors, I think some will assume that the CT is in the couch hosties room.

"we dont give out much info due to it being unfair to each other"
You don't give out too much info--meaning you give out some? Sounds like hipocracy.

Moral of the story: we don't ghost--but it seems impossible to convince you guys otherwise. Once again I'm not flaming the commmunity or anything like that, but look at it this way: Say YOU were falsely accused of ghosting and kicked/banned from your favorite server. What would you do? Find a new server? Perhaps.

I mean, this is a feedback server so I thought I would post my case.

#10 onyx

onyx

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

BOOOO!!!!!

Ghost are some scary sh*t. Scarier even than the shadow people

DOWN WITH GHOSTS!

EDIT: I was so disappointed when this thread wasn't about Airwalk shoes. Two months old and ripped already. Talk about garbage kicks.

Edited by onyx, 30 January 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#11 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

This is a pretty weak rant (not to be mean). Sniper kicked you. He didn't go slap happy on you, set you on fire or freeze you repeatedly, beacon and blind you, slay, or ban you. If you are going to complain about an admin for abuse then it better be a serious abuse.

Getting kicked because you talked about ghosting and he suspected you of doing it is not the worst thing that could have happened and not worth the space taken up by this thread. Since, this is not a ban appeal and there is no major issue here the thread is basically resolved.

Ghosting is looked down upon so just don't do it (and I am not talking about telling someone there is an afk or 1 ct in Sniper Rooms camping while there are still 3 or more t's left).

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

This is a pretty weak rant (not to be mean). Sniper kicked you. He didn't go slap happy on you, set you on fire or freeze you repeatedly, beacon and blind you, slay, or ban you. If you are going to complain about an admin for abuse then it better be a serious abuse.

Getting kicked because you talked about ghosting and he suspected you of doing it is not the worst thing that could have happened and not worth the space taken up by this thread. Since, this is not a ban appeal and there is no major issue here the thread is basically resolved.

Ghosting is looked down upon so just don't do it (and I am not talking about telling someone there is an afk or 1 ct in Sniper Rooms camping while there are still 3 or more t's left).

thank you cleric. i usually dont ghost unless ppl are camping and it takes another minute and a half to end the round. i personally have ghosted and the past and refrain from doing it as it takes away from the experience of the game. raphael, despite what you've said, and what happened, i don't think your argument is valid enough right now to even have me think about changing my mind in what happened.

what boost said is true too. i wish i had recorded a demo so everyone could see how obvious it was that michaelangelo was waiting for the ct to turn the corner when he was silently slowalking and was out of site..

to be blunt, don't expect an apology.

#13 Raphael

Raphael

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

thank you cleric. i usually dont ghost unless ppl are camping and it takes another minute and a half to end the round. i personally have ghosted and the past and refrain from doing it as it takes away from the experience of the game. raphael, despite what you've said, and what happened, i don't think your argument is valid enough right now to even have me think about changing my mind in what happened.

what boost said is true too. i wish i had recorded a demo so everyone could see how obvious it was that michaelangelo was waiting for the ct to turn the corner when he was silently slowalking and was out of site..

to be blunt, don't expect an apology.

Not expecting an apology. Just wondering if it's we are going to get kicked every time for just being there even though we aren't ghosting?

#14 Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

I don't carry much weight around here either, but here's my opinion on this:

1) It's probably not wise to make a joke about some sort of cheating in open chat. Sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet. But then again, people make jokes about hacking all the time. I say play it safe.

2) I've played with Mike and Raphael many times and I think they're both standup players. They are a lot of fun and I've never had reason to believe that they were cheating in anyway.

-Bob

#15 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

Hah, I remember I was on a server that I used to frequent with a bunch of friends from my town and I had a good run. Needless to say my friend yelled at me to turn my hax off and I jokingly agreed to. We were all banned for a month. :D Lucky for us we were 90% of the regulars on the server..

That aside, shut up and don't do it again (I don't care if you did anything, just don't do it)

#16 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

Not expecting an apology. Just wondering if it's we are going to get kicked every time for just being there even though we aren't ghosting?

I here you and if you truly say you weren't ghosting you should have nothing to worry about. It was just to make a statement. With the stuff seen in the past, the single incident, and words spoken by your fellow teamate, there was no reason to act otherwise. Have fun and play. topic klosed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users