• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Misnomah

Misnomah

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

I would like to see a Chateau 24-7 server, same rules. The play on the map is every bit as fast as Office, there are more interactive objects and multiple levels on which to have a firefight, all at close range. What (I think) attracts so many players to the Office is the extremely fast play, and the ablility to flank opponents so quickly. The same advantages are offered by the Chateau. You also have many interactive objects in the office level (ie cabinets) that can be used to block doorways and otherwise hinder movement. Tactically speaking, the same goes for the camo the windows provide and the heavy stone pots at the Chateau. Boards block one of the entrances to the Chateau (T side) that must be destroyed, giving positions away due to noise. Also, you're looking at some of the most beautiful scenery in all of the levels, which look even better spattered in blood. Play moves very fast; unlike the office, the terrorist team must rush inside the Chateau to plant the bomb, and the CT's have a spawn that puts them closer inside the building. Once the bomb is placed though, play speeds up even more, with T's rushing to flank CT's while bomb placing T's attempt to defend. Again, all of this fighting takes place from below and above, a feature the Office does not have in abundance.

Dust2 servers are not likley to remain very popular with most of our players. Our players like close combat, and they like fast play. The distances to cover to flank on a Dust2 server are great, and players arent finding angles as often as they do in the Office. It's basically a head on rush, brute force of aim instead of the tatical movement which most of our players love.

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Oh God no...no.

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

Personally, I love chateau... I would be all for having a 24/7 chateau

Unfortunately, it is not a very popular map, and it would remain mostly empty (even more so than our dust 2 server).

#4 Misnomah

Misnomah

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Personally, I love chateau... I would be all for having a 24/7 chateau
Unfortunately, it is not a very popular map, and it would remain mostly empty (even more so than our dust 2 server).

I've gotten some good feedback so far. What other fast-play maps would you guys conisider?

#5 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

I haaaaaatttteee sh*teau. I'd much rather convert Dust 2 to just regular Dust than play sh*teau.

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

I also like militia, nuke, and cbble.

But they aren't popular so what's the use of putting them on a server.

#7 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

Assault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really...

#8 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

Dust 2 is the only one that has a prayer of getting regular traffic. I like chateau but i just dont see it working out.

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

Assault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really...

assault can be a lot of fun. well, more fun then a zombie server anyway.

#10 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:48 PM

I fucking hate Chateu. That's one of the slowest original maps. I'd much rather see a 24/7 tides. That map is actually pleasant to the eye as well.
Assault is the gayest map ever made.

I'd say if anything a 24/7 tides or like we used to have it: a custom map rotation with iceworld style maps. The 2-story iceworld and the other were great fun back in the day.

Server 2 won't be around too long though, since Shadow plans to make a TF2 server of it once it's released.

But until then I'd say probably fy maps with some fun mod perhaps.

#11 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

We should just leave it Dust 2 but add awps, 2 per team because I seen many people say "ew this server is gay, theres no awps" and disconnect.

#12 Hoon

Hoon

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

i like 24/7 office :P

#13 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:31 AM

Sorry to say this but the 24/7 Dust2 server probably isn't working that well because there is already a million 24/7 Dust2 servers out there.

#14 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:09 AM

I somewhat blame that on you folkz, bitchin about the AWP does that to ya.

adding the awp back, 1 per team probably

Oh and just an FYI, Dust2 will remain the most popular map like it has been for the past six+ years.

#15 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

Sorry to say this but the 24/7 Dust2 server probably isn't working that well because there is already a million 24/7 Dust2 servers out there.

But, the BoSS servers are like top-rated and most people like to go on clan or community servers because they have admins and are "safer". Although, many other clans and communities have died out and don't have active admins, thats where BoSS comes in. We should make our servers popular by maybe advertising on fpsbanana.com of somthing.

#16 Misnomah

Misnomah

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

But, the BoSS servers are like top-rated and most people like to go on clan or community servers because they have admins and are "safer". Although, many other clans and communities have died out and don't have active admins, thats where BoSS comes in. We should make our servers popular by maybe advertising on fpsbanana.com of somthing.

If it will remain dusty, I love the AWP idea for the Dust 2 server. That would help combat some of the long range flanking problems. Have we considered a mapvote system for the 2nd server?

As far as advertising goes... Why not a full blown radio campaign? One with wacky noises and everything.

#17 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:25 AM

I personally dont like dust 2 that much, although i did play it a few times last week, i found i got bored very fast.
Maybe I'm just addicted to office considering thats the only map i've player for like a year.

#18 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

could we get a rotation?? something like a dust2,aztek,chateu and maybe another.. would be nice to have a few others added to BoSS.. office is my sh*t but i agree with fade dust2 gets old after 5-6 rounds..

lol to the awp's.. i like 1 or 2.. anymore is too much..

rotation for a bit just to see what happens... :tup:

#19 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well, if you're gonna have a dust or dust2 server there's no sense in restricting snipers. If you don't like AWP whores, don't play the dust maps.

I think an Aztek (another sniper-whore map, but fun), Dust, Dust2 and Inferno rotation would be nice for now. It's hard to get into playing normal maps after near 3 years of nothing but Office and mods hehe...

#20 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

could we get a rotation?? something like a dust2,aztek,chateu and maybe another.. would be nice to have a few others added to BoSS.. office is my sh*t but i agree with fade dust2 gets old after 5-6 rounds..

lol to the awp's.. i like 1 or 2.. anymore is too much..

rotation for a bit just to see what happens... :tup:

We tried that before, it failed horribly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users