15 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:26 AM

Just browsing youtube earlier while I was bored, and I came across some live concert videos of Rammstein. I thought they kicked ass before, but it's been amplified, like 100 fold. Here, just check out this video and you'll know why:

Feuer Frei Live in Nimes, France

They've got to have some of the most flashy concerts out there. Pyrotechnics are mandatory, basically, and some of the sh*t they do is just awesome. In fact, these guys were banned from playing in America because of what Till and Flake did the last time they were here in 1998. Lets just say for the song "Buch Dich" (Bend Over in English), Flake literally bent over for Till and had a fake wang shower him in booze. Thats f*cking nuts (and a little ghey, I suppose). Also a very unique performance for "Mein Teil" live, and just the bands appearance is awesome. They can get the crowd so pumped, plus their music is f*cking awesome, IMO. Any bands with similar shows out there?

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 30 March 2007 - 10:34 AM.

#2 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:37 AM

sticks, that raping with the fake dilldo with the booze that spits out...that is what got them banned from the worcester centrum years ago....since than the ban has been lifted but rammstein have yet to return her, probably out of spite.

#3 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

heh. GWAR has awesome live shows. Cannibal Corpse is another decent one.

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

I dunno, I've heard GWAR put on one hell of a show, and DragonForce too. I like neither so I wouldn't go to their concerts. Of the concerts that I have seen however, Marilyn Manson was fucking sick (talk about getting the crowd pumped) and Metallica did a fucking awesome show with pyrotechnics (they had a fucking war on the stage in the intro to One).
Haven't seen any 'spectacular' death metal shows I'm afraid...

#5 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

sticks, that raping with the fake dilldo with the booze that spits out...that is what got them banned from the worcester centrum years ago....since than the ban has been lifted but rammstein have yet to return her, probably out of spite.

All right, cool, thanks for clearing that up. I'd heard like 3 different things about that incident but didn't know which one was actually the truth. I'd heard they'd been permanently banned from touring here, I'd heard it was just from Arizona, and I'd heard that it wasn't a permanent ban. I can see why they wouldn't want to come back, though, we're way too strict.

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

They also bashed the shit out of America on Reise Reise ('04), that may be part of the problem lol.

#7 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:14 PM

They also bashed the sh*t out of America on Reise Reise ('04), that may be part of the problem lol.

Haha, tru dat lol. Funniest part is, most of the Americans that listen to them don't know what they f*ck they're saying, and they're just like, "Yeah, this is f*cking awesome! I think they just called my mother a wh*re, but I can't speak German, so all I know is it sounds cool!"

#8 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

I dont think they were bashing america in general, just most of the poor values most people actually hold to, mostly the materialistic things in life.I see it more of a parady of our mainstream if anything.

#9 Ozzy

Ozzy

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

i read in a magazine that the drummer was crowd surfing in one of them inflatable boats..
that was in Germany though

#10 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

They also bashed the shit out of America on Reise Reise ('04), that may be part of the problem lol.

Psssh... I'd pick Rammsten over America any day. So they pointed out THE TRUTH, can we really ban them for that. Freedom of Speech.

Haha, tru dat lol. Funniest part is, most of the Americans that listen to them don't know what they f*ck they're saying, and they're just like, "Yeah, this is f*cking awesome! I think they just called my mother a wh*re, but I can't speak German, so all I know is it sounds cool!"

I'm in the proces of self teaching myself German, so when i move around that area im not left in the blue.

All in all, Rammstien is one of my favorite bands. although the singers voice is a little... bad... he still does a pretty good job of getting the crowed pumped.

#11 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

I dont think they were bashing america in general, just most of the poor values most people actually hold to, mostly the materialistic things in life.I see it more of a parady of our mainstream if anything.

'tis true, mostly mainstream and corporate stuff and not ALL OF America.
The Russians were critized much more intensely on the next song "Moskau"

"This city is like a whore, with red spots on her forehead,
Her teeth are made of gold and when I give her money she goes down on me" <-- Ownd

It's kinda funny how they manage to bash the two major superpowers (at least historically) in two consecutive songs.
Getting back at them for the Cold War no doubt! :20:

#12 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

crazy germans :tup:

#13 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

'tis true, mostly mainstream and corporate stuff and not ALL OF America.
The Russians were critized much more intensely on the next song "Moskau"

"This city is like a wh*re, with red spots on her forehead,
Her teeth are made of gold and when I give her money she goes down on me" <-- Ownd

It's kinda funny how they manage to bash the two major superpowers (at least historically) in two consecutive songs.
Getting back at them for the Cold War no doubt! :20:

Not only do they bash them, but they do it with two really awesome sounding songs lol. Moskau's gotta be in my top 3 fav Rammstein songs. On a related note, another song of theirs called "Zwitter" I find to sound awesome, and it's about a hermaphrodite, lol. They just go to show you can sing about anything and as long as it sounds cool people will listen to it. Although, admittedly, if the song was in English it wouldn't be nearly as cool. (And I'm learning German, btw, so it's not like I'm listening to it without knowing the words like a lot of american Rammstein fans, lol.)

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 30 March 2007 - 10:28 PM.

#14 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

the translated versions suck. i'd much rather not have a clue what they are saying.

#15 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

the translated versions suck. i'd much rather not have a clue what they are saying.

Agreed, but knowing what they're saying is a small bonus, I guess. I listened to them before I even started learning German, though. I had no clue what they were saying and they were still awesome.

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 31 March 2007 - 01:11 AM.

#16 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:16 AM

Agreed, but knowing what they're saying is a small bonus, I guess. I listened to them before I even started learning German, though. I had no clue what they were saying and they were still awesome.

I opperate well on little information...like not needing to know girls names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users