• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:59 AM

Recently I posted a problem regarding graphical glitches in Guild Wars, and I completely overlooked another annoying problem graphically I have. This time though, I have a feeling the problem is the communication between my monitor and my Video Card, as opposed to just something wrong with the video card as my Guild Wars problem is most likely related to.

Posted Image

See how the screen "curves"? (BTW sorry about picture quality, took it on a phone)
This is because the resolution is in 800X600 mode. Normally my PC is at 1024X768, and the monitor does not have these problems. If I change the resolution to lower than that, it "bends" and warps, creating an annoying screen problem.

Any ideas to the root of this problem?

Video Card:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce FX 5900XT
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024X768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play
ENVISION EFT920 19" Flat 18" Vis (Yes it's a CRT, leave me alone).

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

Keep it at 1024x768, or use the buttons on the front of your monitor to change the shape of it. Try setting the pin balance and pincushon.

#3 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

The only problem is when I play games that require lower resolutions, like Diablo 2, Soldat, or higher end games that barely run on 600X400 (F.E.A.R. for example), so I need to find a way around this problem or those games are a b*tch to play with the distorted screen. If I f*ck with the monitor settings, then it messes up my normal 1024X768 viewing pleasures, which are normal. I need to discover the root of this problem.

::EDIT::
Problem solved. My monitor, unbeknownst (spelling?) to me, has saved settings for each resolution, so if you fix the settings on one resolution, its not the same as the settings on another. Either my monitor is special, or I'm a f*cking dumbass.

Edited by andyouarewho, 03 April 2007 - 01:07 PM.

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:12 PM

I got an idea.. throwout your crt lol.

You play on some old stuff...

#5 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

I have the same problem, my monitor is on repair so I have this shitty monitor (still 21" mind you), the problem is no matter how much I screw around with the settings I can't get it right. One part of the screen looks ok, then I try to fix another part and the first one gets fucked up again... Fucking ?#%@%$@ monitor :kill:

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:43 PM

Fucking ?#%@%$@ monitor

Lol, I'd kill for a 21'' provided it had a good refresh rate and didn't weigh too much.

Just set all the shape shit to 50 and fuck with it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users