4 replies to this topic

#1 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

So I have this program, Megahertz. It runs loops and tells you how fast your CPU is running. No presets or anything. Simple test. I always run it out of habit and get in the 1.8's (E6300 ftl) but today I randomly ran it and am running at about 2.4's. WTF? I didn't overclock my system at all. How the hell am I running quite a bit faster than normal?

#2 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:54 PM

Did you have more of a load then usual. Intel's speedstep lowers your multiplier when there's not much of a load on the cpu and kicks it up when theres more of a load. It's a power conserving feature. C1E also does this.

#3 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

Not really. I've been sitting on counter-strike all night. I ran Megahertz after I noticed my latency shooting through the roof. I wasn't running a single other program.

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

Uhh, I'd say uninstall any software you might have, run your bios and check your proc. speed. If its still high, hit the bios reset button on your mobo and you'll get the stock factory settings. Something had to have triggered it.. sh*ts wierd.

#5 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well if that program runs loops and loads the processor to 100%, speedstep and C1E wouldnt be going, it would run the processor at its full speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users