#1 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

Link

That's f*ckin awesome. Vista aint got sh*t on that.

Edited by Mike2077, 30 April 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

Ubuntu has always been sexy.

#3 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:08 AM

Thats sick..damn

#4 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

Ubuntu is the sh*t.

Developers! Developers! Developers!

#5 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

Beryl is available for like all of the linux distro's, not just ubuntu... and yeah i had it installed on my old pc, installed it right before it died lol... there are some pretty cool effects in beryl

#6 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

With the DX10 software and this, i think its time i get LINUX.

#7 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

Not only is it better, but it's free and looks sexy.

#8 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

hmmm... partition for that soon!

#9 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

yea I've been using ubuntu+beryl for some time now and I must say it is super sexy and pisses off the mac fanboys. I'm sure it'd piss of vista fanboys cept i don't think there are any.

Just a note when Ubuntu 7.04 was in development the original plan was to have beryl come installed with the OS and all the user needed to do was turn it on. However due to beryl being still a little shakey in some areas the idea was pulled.

However the really really good news is that the makers of Beryl have teamed up with the makers of Compbiz(the original before beryl) so they can combine their efforts to make one Stable Sexy 3d GUI enhancement.

I will warn anyone wanting to run it, its not always super easy to get running, some vid card drivers can be a little tricky to get working. Also opengl game peformance while running beryl is like hitting a brick wall on some machines so be prepared to have a seperate login without beryl to run any opengl games.

However I must say anyone at my job that sees my laptop running beryl is like "wtf wtf wtf I want that" and I have converted many xp only coworkers to dual booters.

#10 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

ATI drivers on linux=rofls, and if you run beryl with an ati card, 3d rendering is disabled, so you can't play any games... nvidia drivers for linux are much better and getting beryl to run is easier, plus you can still play games because the 3d rendering isn't disabled... beryl takes up alot of resources though, more than aero...

#11 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

could i do that to this pos computer when i buy a new one. apparently i would have switch to nvidia but thats not a problem. what are the min requirements for that

btw just found this out and your prolly going to hate it but
dell is going to release linux unbuntu on some of its new products

http://direct2dell.c...5/01/13147.aspx
http://www.ubuntu.co...to-offer-ubuntu
http://www.dell.com/.......;l=en&s=gen

#12 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

Billy if you buy a dell, I will be coming to your house and fixing it when it breaks. If I do have to, I will be forced to take a sh*t in it and then possibly one on you for buying a dell.

#13 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

Although Dell has sucked ass in the past they are like the only guys who are being different as far as commercial computer companies go. They said they would keep selling XP systems and not switch to only Vista, which pissed M$ off.

Dell is getting better. They just need to buy parts that don't break as often.

#14 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

One of dells biggest problems has been the capacitors they bought from some far off foreign land because they thought they were getting a good deal. I can't tell you how many computers I have repaired with blown or leaking capacitors. Probably around 90 in the past two months. To dell, that doesn't seem like that big of a problem. They just switch out the motherboard and repair the old one. It's when they sell this crap to a business knowing that there are problems with it. Then the business gets pissed because alot of there computers are f*cking up and computers = work = money. So dell is essentially losing money for businesses.

Dell continues to sell computers with xp on them because there is still a demand for xp. Businesses use xp. I don't know of one business around here that has had a mass rollout of vista on all of their computers. Dell not selling xp would just be a poor business decision. Bottom line is that their computers suck. They buy parts from some third world manufacturers that NOBODY has ever heard of. It doesn't matter what operating system it has on it if the parts are faulty. I see this sh*t everyday. I repair computers for dell.

Oh and buy the way, Seagate hard drives suck ass. I see bad seagate hard drives alot too.

#15 Captiva

Captiva

If You Can Bleed, You Can Die

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

It's great for flashing in people's faces when they wonder why one is a Linux fangirl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users