15 replies to this topic

#1 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

Well im sittin here on a Saturday night at home... Parents wont let me go to friends house cuz they say i go out too much when actually the last time i went out overnight was around 2 weeks ago. my school marks are good, i do my sh*t and still wont let me out.

#2 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

apart from that your siggy is a bunch of buds... yeah, i see where you are coming from.

#3 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

Well when I was younger and that would happen, I'd just get all my friends to "stop" by at all random hours. That way next time they'll just say the hell with it and let you go.

#4 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Haha Nice one Funk

#5 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

when my mom tries to tell me what to do i just say, (read out loud in cartman voice) "bitch i do what i want , now go make me some punch and pie!"

#6 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Well when I was younger and that would happen, I'd just get all my friends to "stop" by at all random hours. That way next time they'll just say the hell with it and let you go.

I have to agree with funk on this one...worked for me too!

#7 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

having your own place rules.

but then again, theres nothing like having someone wake you up with a f*ckin five-star breakfast.

#8 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

try having asian parents for a week or two... ur life will suck and u will wake up one day ready to drive a knife through ur gut :D

#9 Scrappeh

Scrappeh

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

Well im sittin here on a Saturday night at home... Parents wont let me go to friends house cuz they say i go out too much when actually the last time i went out overnight was around 2 weeks ago. my school marks are good, i do my sh*t and still wont let me out.

Welcome to my life... thank god im heading off to college

#10 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

lol.. well my mom was a traveling nurse and thought when she went to flordia for 6mo we should stay home as much as possible... she let my best friend who was 22 move in..lol..in march of 05 she was due home on a tuesday but came back for the weekend before tuesday.. came home to 4 kegs god knows how many oz's of pot on the table and near 90+ kids all highed up and drunk...

her response to teh madness... brian i have one question... WHERES MY BEER!!!! she drank with us the rest of the night.. i didnt get in trouble for f*cking my chick in her bed either.. only child + cool ass mom ftmfw

#11 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

lol I kinda feel sorry for you guys, since I never ever had that problem. I did not get 'grounded' once during my entire childhood and I could stay out as long as I wanted on weekends from like age 15. My parents didn't forbid me to smoke or drink, and when they found out I was smoking the good stuff they just said "be careful"... Hell, my dad even shared stories from his experiences when he was young. lol

and I don't mean to gloat, but to make a point:
Look at me now. Top 1% (performance-wise) of students nationwide and working a full-time job with a state conservation agency. I feel no need to do drugs, and I don't have a spot on my criminal record (although this could be attributed to luck, lol).
My point being: Strict upbringing of children is not necessary, and possibly even harmful.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

#12 Scrappeh

Scrappeh

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

and I don't mean to gloat, but to make a point:
Look at me now. Top 1% (performance-wise) of students nationwide and working a full-time job with a state conservation agency. I feel no need to do drugs, and I don't have a spot on my criminal record (although this could be attributed to luck, lol).
My point being: Strict upbringing of children is not necessary, and possibly even harmful.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Nice job man, but there are kids out there that have no ambition at all. I don't think parents should be strict as sh*t like mine, but I think some kids need a little "watch" from their parents. For example, my cousin used to be straight a student. Parents get divorced. Now hes been in jail multiple times, never graduated from highschool all cuz his parents didnt give a sh*t nemore and he started hangin out with the "wrong crowd" whatever that means.

#13 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

Nice job man, but there are kids out there that have no ambition at all. I don't think parents should be strict as sh*t like mine, but I think some kids need a little "watch" from their parents. For example, my cousin used to be straight a student. Parents get divorced. Now hes been in jail multiple times, never graduated from highschool all cuz his parents didnt give a sh*t nemore and he started hangin out with the "wrong crowd" whatever that means.

I forgot to say my parents have been divorced for 7 years.

But yeah, there's a big difference between parents that let their kids do almost anything and parents that just don't give a shit. Caring is still the most important factor of course.

#14 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:11 AM

eh, my parent used to let me go out all hours of the night when I was in my teens.
only time they were strict was when I got into trouble, then it was ass whuppin time.
i've had a few belts and wooden paddles(from that rubber band paddle ball game thing) broken over my ass for doing something bad.
but I was never really grounded.
just an ass whuppin and then told to go outside until my parents/grandparents cooled down..
so I SORT of had it easy when it came to that.
anyway goodluck man.

#15 Captiva

Captiva

If You Can Bleed, You Can Die

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

My parents have been divorced since I was eight. (That's ten years for those who hate math.) My mother is pretty much like having a teenage roommate. Hell, when she was 35 I walked in on her f*cking a bloke who was 23. He'd gone to the same Warped Tour I had. I've never had the drive to try drugs, and last time I was drunk, I was four years old. I'm admittedly not the best student, but I'm no idiot and I don't get into stupid situations. In pretty much making me take care of myself and my younger brother as a kid, she's made me a self-sufficient individual. I'm surprisingly grateful for that, although I've always wanted to experience the 'close knit family' idea.

Like that one kid said, it's hard to believe you don't do stupid sh*t from your signature, and that you live in Toronto. Kids I've met in South end Scarborough, and North end Aurora keep themselves busy with less than reputable pastimes. Just sit it out and don't fight them too hard with it. You have less than a month left 'til summer, you can make up for it then.

#16 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:58 PM

But yeah, there's a big difference between parents that let their kids do almost anything and parents that just don't give a sh*t. Caring is still the most important factor of course.

+1

I don't need to say anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users