15 replies to this topic

#1 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

im gettin tired of nubs on office server. i try to spec and catch a possible hacker and then i say one thing "hes suspicious" all the f*cking nubs are like HE DOESNT HACK WAT U TALKING ABOUT, HEY (name of suspect) THEY THINK YOU HACK, the dude had a score of around 23-9 then when they started yellin at the dude he went like 24-15. i got pissed cuz the f*cking bastards started disrespectin me sayin "ur an idiot he doesnt hack" "omg i speced ur a nub he doesnt hack". I tell them "idiots of course he doesnt hack now u f*cking yelled it out!" I guess its my fault to for sayin "hes suspicious. All in all there are many stupid idiots on these servers that have no respect and just talk way too much sh*t.

#2 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

If you think someone hacks just spec them and get a demo, then post it on the forums, and they will be dealt with if they are guilty.

#3 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

thats what i tried to do but then he stopped after evry1 started yellin

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

What I'm saying is that there's no need to say that you think someone hacks, because you'll get the response that you got, but just get the demo and post it here :tup:

#5 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

What I'm saying is that there's no need to say that you think someone hacks, because you'll get the response that you got, but just get the demo and post it here :tup:

i whole heartily agree.

saying anything is unnecessary if u suspect anything.

#6 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

But sh*t like that happens everywhere.

#7 khaos

khaos

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

I saw that happen. :whatever:
Can't account for some of the jackasses that find the BoSS server.
Nova and Mainevent are right.
You can't tell ppl anything cuz that sh*t will happen everywhere.

#8 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

As has been said here, keeping your mouth shut and just making a demo is the only real way of going about it without causing a mess. And if you see someone else calling hax on someone... Just don't even comment. Stay out of it, and do your best (quietly) to help out. You'll get further that way, and we'll sure as Hell appreciate it more. =)

Nice to see you trying to keep a look out though, at least you care enough to do so.

#9 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Well thats why i said first post that its prob my fault for sayin "hes suspicious" its just that i get tired of ppl like that, even if its not about some hacker

#10 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

Jesus just play the game..grasp the fact that there are people better than you that play this game. If its not obvious someone is hacking there is no need to make a big deal of anything, just play the game, because chances are they aren't hacking anyway.

You say you don't like nubs on the servers saying people aren't hacking, well I hated people like you saying everyone was hacking when I used to play a lot. I don't even know how many servers I've been banned from or accused in that are places I actually enjoyed playing in because of people like you saying that someone decent is "suspicious". Just leave it be, if it needs to be dealt with, then deal with it.

#11 Captiva

Captiva

If You Can Bleed, You Can Die

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

I usually make at least one friend when I'm playing on the server and if I think someone is hacking, I'll speculate it with them.

I don't like to falsely accuse, so I'm usually insecure about when I think someone is hacking. Plus, I have no idea how to make demos.
Part of the reason why I finally joined the forum was because there was a glaringly obvious hacker in Dust, no admins to kick him, and someone mentioned they went on the forums to find someone who could deal with it.

#12 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

All of the hackers that I have banned were blatently fucking obvious. If someone is "suspicious" they are probably NOT CHEATING. Im not saying do not keep an eye on folks, but if you are spending more time specin a potential hacker than playing the game you are an idiot. STFU and play the game.

Pretty sure all of the good players agree that some nights you are just "on" and everyone you shoot at dies. Other nights your game is off just a tad and your scores arent nearly as impressive.

When a good player is on his game, they are going to put up impressive scores, so deal with it. Good players also know where the other players are and prefire when necessary.

I often join the server using different aliases and get accused of cheating on by folks including BoSS members. Folks that accuse me of hacking are the noobs.......

#13 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

I also hate when people use the excuse "Well he was 15-1, and then when I started speccing him all of a sudden he was 20-20." Implying that he must have turned his hacks off because you are in spec. Listen people get on runs even within a matter of a few rounds and lose it. I don't know how many times I've started off with absurd scores, only to end up a mere 2:1 or less by the time I hit a higher amount of kills. Different skilled players join the server and things are always changing, there are many more factors than just "he turned off his hax"

#14 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:49 PM

If you really want to know make a demo and then go back and watch it with the speed slowed down. Look at the crosshairs and then at the bullet holes. Everything will line up for the most part.

#15 PandaHippie718

PandaHippie718

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

I usually get upset when people start accusing the person in first place of hacking, because I really don't think that many people hack, unless it's obvious and it's not just because HE JUST SHOT YOU IN THE HEAD! I get headshots by chance all the time, it's where most of my kills come from.

If someone was really hacking, honestly, I probably wouldn't even notice. I've never noticed yet, if someone was hacking, but i've been suspicious, but I keep it to myself, because 1. I have no way of proving it and 2. I have no way of dealing with it. And also most of me doesn't really care. i know it's unfair, and it's really stupid, since it is just a game, and the reason for hacking is so that you look better, but if you have to cheat to look better in a game then your just a failure at life, so i figure they suck more in real life then anything, so let them pretend like they are good by cheating, in a game. *shrugs*

I guess, mostly this is just how i feel about the whole situation, but.....i don't know. Good luck to you tracking down the cheaters and bringing them to JUSTICE. You make playing more fair to us to suck beyond all belief! *nods proudly*

#16 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

If someone is hacking for a long enough period of time they are gonna get VAC banned whether or not they are caught and banned by the admins. Maybe i'm wrong but that's what i've heard about VAC2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users