• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

Well I decided to get my motorcycle license. Studied the books yesturday took the test today and passed 24 out of 25. Now later this week I will go out and buy a bike! I can't wait!

Attached Files

Edited by Woozy, 15 June 2007 - 09:34 PM.

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

what you buying

#3 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:26 PM

congrats man

#4 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

Katana 600 2006 or 2007 black!

#5 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Nothing is better than biking on the open road. Enjoy it all you can dude. :tup:

See you at Sturgis?

#6 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Just when my day was all happy. I find out my Uncle got intoan accident last night. Some chick decided to make a f*cking U turn right in front of him he crashed right into her. He gunna be fine but now I have to hear it from everyone that bikes are not safe we are not helping you get a bike. Talk about f*cking horscope said that same dam thing too.

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Ducati all the way man. Cheap bikes if you're buying them new or used and have selections from classic road bikes to crotch rockets. On top of it are extremely high performance. :tup:

And yeah, that sucks to hear. Shit happens when you drive period, whether on a bike or in a car.

#8 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

I'm envious as f*ck. I've always wanted to ride. Give it Hell for me bro. :evil:

#9 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

Never really thought about it, but all you need to get a bike license is pass a written test? Guess you never see a dude on the back of a bike grading you on your parking skills.

#10 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

well no i still have to take the road test but writen was easy.

#11 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Update! Passed Road Course at the DMV on my bike. Easier then I thought. I can wait for the weekend.

#12 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

lol jesus zeke.. duc?? uuumm dry clutch thats louder then most fartcan exhausts constant need of repairs..ducatti 996sp race prototype gets owned by any cbr600rr or gsxr600-750.. ive had alot of experience with duc's.. they didnt make a damn repair or build manual untill mid 90s.

its all in atilain.. same with aprillia..

seriously do not buy a katana aka turd.. you will regret it. buy something used because sooner or later in your learning process you will dump it sorry to say.. if i was u id look for a cbr600f3 or f4.. something you can just pound on.. something thats reliable.. toss some fender guards on it and beat it to death.. then once your ready for a new bike.. buy something serious.. cbr,gsx-r..sh*t i like the new kaw 600rr as well..

at 31 years of age... build manager at coleman power sport in falls church va ive built it all but harley.. kaw,yamaho (booooo) suzuki,honda,aprillia and yes duc's as well... man the ducati is soo damn over priced and the yamaha r1 is the most front heavy non handling pc of crap ive ever rode/built/serviced.. next to the katana and the sh*trocket hyiabusa... god what a straightline wh*re..

ive owned cbr's,kaw600r and now a 05 matt maladin edition gsxr-1000 with modds.

trust me buy japanesse.

#13 Inertia

Inertia

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Congrats on the pass. Do like Boost sugests get something used cause you are gonna lay it down. After a year or so upgrade to something newer'faster. I've always been a Honda fan myself, nothing rocks as much as hitting 130+ on a rocket. But alas now I am old guy and had to switch to a Harley Ultra-classic ho-hum what can I say

#14 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

agree dont buy a katana. Great starting bike i would look at either an older GSX600 or a CBR F4i. Something newer, still looking at a CBR600rr or maybe a newer GSX/R1

#15 Woozy

Woozy

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

I ended up with SV-650S 2007 Suzuki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users