15 replies to this topic

#1 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Last night I went to see the Deftones. I listen to a lot of different styles of metal/hard rock but I must say my favorite band in the world is the Deftones(have one deftones tattoo, with at least 1 more planned :dork: ). I've seen them once before but it was from a distance, and they played great, however when you see a band from a seat from a distance you just don't get the whole experience.

Well anyway I showed up early last night, cause I wanted to be right up front. They actually moved this show from a place that can hold probably 4000 people to a smaller place that can hold maybe 1000, so I knew it was gonna be packed and I was right. But holy sh*t they were amazing. I was right up at the front the entire time. They played probably the best set I've ever seen, topping even Mudvayne(Mudvayne is amazing, I don't care what you haters say).

I've been to a lot of different death metal/metalcore/heavy metal/hard rock shows but god damn, this was the best by far. If you get a chance don't pass these f*ckers up.

#2 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

The lead singer has a history of showing up plastered to some gigs, so woot to you for getting them on a good night. I love white pony, but i haven't listened to much of their other stuff.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

Pfft, it took you till now...? I'm ashamed Death... Ashamed... :kill:

Even though I wasn't able to get anyone to want to go to their show in Chicago Friday. No point in going to a concert by yourself.

But yeah, seeing a band live is always so much more amazing then listening to their music off a stereo/computer. I can't wait as I will be going to see Tool in July, if nothing gets screwed up before then.

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Pfft, it took you till now...? I'm ashamed Death... Ashamed... :kill:

Even though I wasn't able to get anyone to want to go to their show in Chicago Friday. No point in going to a concert by yourself.

But yeah, seeing a band live is always so much more amazing then listening to their music off a stereo/computer. I can't wait as I will be going to see Tool in July, if nothing gets screwed up before then.

Well I saw the Deftones at the Family Values tour back in September but this is the first time I've seen them at a general admin/no standing room show(which are so much better). And as for tool:

Posted ImagePosted Image

And yes, that is 8 tickets that I have.

And as for the "history of showing up plastered" thing, I don't know where you get your information but they are just rumors/small occurances. I've seen plenty of videos/even bands live where the lead singer is drunk..it happens a lot. Chino has no bigger reputation of that than anyone else. I don't know, maybe he was drunk at a show near you which is why you think that but thats even the first time I've heard anyone say that(I'm not offended or anything, just sayin).

Chino tends to be more secluded anyway. He doesn't like being in everyone's face on stage and talk to the crowd every 5 seconds like some bands. He's really into his lyrics and songwriting and frankly I think hes an amazing artist.

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 11 June 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#5 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

nice i saw them a couple of months ago it was amazin

#6 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

lucky

Edited by King_Dude, 11 June 2007 - 09:02 PM.

#7 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

sry for the bump...

Saw deftones in georgia....f*cking awesome....top 2 shows i ever been to.
The venue had some noobs on sound or something cuz the bass kept cutting out for 10 secconds at a time...but then it was crazy cuz it would come back on all thunderous lol.

A+

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

I still don't see what the big deal is with this band, or Mudvayne for that matter...

#9 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Wow ive never heard of them (Deftones) before, I listened to a couple of their songs on youtube and...well DAYUM THEY ARE GOOD! :tup:

Edited by Capt.John, 29 June 2007 - 10:37 PM.

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

I still don't see what the big deal is with this band, or Mudvayne for that matter...

I can say the very same thing for. . . well, any music/band I don't like.

It's called tastes and opinions. For instance. I don't care for death metal. I like, rock, and metal. But anything harder then say, older Wisconsin Death Trip style Static-X and I have a hard time finding something I like.

#11 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

yea I mean, im not a fan of mudvayne...but I like Deftones cuz they can be melodic, loud....or both at once..w/e

I just dont like Stuff you might like, b/c i cant distinguish the differences between styles...or hear anything for that matter.
Dunno, just a matter of taste in most cases.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:26 AM

I wasn't aiming my comment at either of you, and as far as your musical tastes I could care less. But Deathblooms AND I have alot of bands in common, so I find it odd that he is so obsessed with Deftones :>.<:

#13 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

I wasn't aiming my comment at either of you, and as far as your musical tastes I could care less. But Deathblooms AND I have alot of bands in common, so I find it odd that he is so obsessed with Deftones :>.<:

lol I don't know, I like a wide array of music :perk:

#14 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

me and my dad tryed to get tickets for tool when they came here to Mass. and they sold so quickly it was practically impossible. maybe next time i guess.

#15 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

me and my dad tryed to get tickets for tool when they came here to Mass. and they sold so quickly it was practically impossible. maybe next time i guess.

What town do you live in?

Also, Deftones are mehhh. Average band with obnoxious as hell fans, like Tool and Radiohead. Ugh.

#16 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

I live in worcester. good ole worcester lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users