6 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

ONE INTERESTING device that turned up at Computex is a watercooling PSU by JSP Tech.

Not much more to say about it, it is a 450W PSU that has a watercooler in it with a CPU block. It will retail for about $150 when it comes out in the near future.

Posted Image

On one hand, it makes a lot of sense, you have a direct external exhaust and a large area to put a radiator on. On the other hand, water + AC = bad. I will leave it up to the reader to decide if this is a good idea or not, but it certainly is different.

Sauce: INQ, looks sexy imo, creative but questionable.

#2 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

Probably not a bad idea. I guess you'd feel pretty dumb if it did leak and break sh*t, but that goes with all water cooling I guess.

#3 SwizzBeatz

SwizzBeatz

Journeyman

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

I use to have a water cooler that cost me 250$ and it broke constantly so i decided to go by fans, i honestly would'nt recommend water cooling to any1.

#4 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

ya i'm not sure bout the water with AC in the same unit, unless they are in separate waterproof compartments...does look sexy though

I'm not one to recommend water cooling, thats why I pay a hooker 5 bucks an hour to blow my cpu, :grin: :evil:

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

IMO the PSU is about the WORST place to hide a watercooler. Not only does high amperage A/C+water=bad, so does hot air being pulled/pushed through a radiator.........

IMHO watercooling makes the most sense on a GPU anyways.

The only real advantage with watercooling a CPU is consistency in temperatures. My CPU doesnt run all that hot under load with a good quality COPPER (Zalman) hsf. Sure it'll be a bit cooler with water, but that doesn't necessarily mean huge advantages in overclocking with today's processors.

Nowadays overclocking is usually limited by RAM and not temperatures. Now go get yourself a 1.2 ghz Duron or something and that thing'll overclock all day on watercooling.

Now if you use a peltier or something water cooling is a must. :weee:

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

did you even fucking read?

#7 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

Interesting if you want to WC a small area, but STILL f*cking retarded ......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users