30 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

I searched and the only thread i saw about them was one i made before the cd came out, here. Well its official :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: I just got it and am giving it a listen. So far the only song that i have remotely enjoyed is "what ive done". The rest either suck hardcore or they haven't grown on me, honestly i think its the first though. It is really sad but Red Jumpsuite Apparatus is more hardcore than them now. Seriously if you didn't know who they were you would think they are all 16 year old emo kids. Anyway i would make sure you don't pay for this one guys (i purchased and dl'd all the other ones).

Ohwell maybe i will find a new band at warptour this year :malace:

#2 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Honestly all I ever listen to anymore is TOOL cuz it never gets old. There is other good stuff but it gets so tired.

#3 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

Yes, their new CD sucks, thank god i didn't buy that piece of shit... its way to soft for my liking. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

#4 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

Honestly all I ever listen to anymore is TOOL cuz it never gets old. There is other good stuff but it gets so tired.

^^i completely agree^^ i love TOOL

*back on topic*
anyways Linkin Park has gotten really old for me...i was hoping for something great to come out of their new album but most of the songs were not good...IMO they only put out one good album which was Hybrid Theory ....i disliked almost everything else especially that remix album which tried to get more money for almost all the same songs.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

If you give it a good it will probably grow on you, but it won't have the same hook that their other albums did. Their edge has basically been traded for a more emotional music. They wanted to do more with their music.. Happens to a lot of bands after their first few albums, some of them get better, some of them just seem to get away from what made them stand out...

#6 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

i miss the days where linkin park used to be the sh*t

#7 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

They were never really that good. Their lyrics were 5th grade rhymes. I was disappointed to say the least after listening to 3 albums expecting atleast some good sh*t. I liked some of hybrid theory, reanimation didnt like, and meteora... w/e. Don't even listen to the two newest ones.

#8 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

I thought the New CD was GOOD....

:cool:

#9 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

They were cool untill I heard every song on the radio a billion times. Overplayed was an understatement

#10 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

They were cool untill I heard every song on the radio a billion times. Overplayed was an understatement

I somewhat agree with this statement. I have never seen a band more commercialized than linkin park. i mean FFS they had like 6 singles off each album...NO BAND can do that. pretty retarded imo. I liked when Hybrid Theory first came out, but having songs shoved down your throat is always gay. But thats the radio for ya.
"We don't play what's good. We play what the record companies are paying us to play."
Which is why there are no radio stations that play w/e kinda metal yall listen to, and good indie music. Even XM/Sirius is tainted with this crap.

+1

#11 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

Fucking emo bullshit rapcore. :tdown: I have not even TRIED to listen to them since Hybrid Theory, and even that CD was pretty lame...

And I agree with Pizzak, I was shuffling through Sirius Radio the other day (first time I've ever heard it), and I realized it was just normal radio without commercials. No good music whatsoever... I couldn't even find a station that played old school american metal! WTF

#12 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

I couldn't even find a station that played old school american metal! WTF

Stick with Internet Radio.

#13 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

fort minor was decent, i guess. the new linkin does suck balls... about the only song i liked was that bleeding in song and that was only because the guitar work sounded like old smashing pumkins.

oh and wtf was with almost every song having clapping in it? i decided to skip through all the songs that had it and i think i found 1, maybe 1 and a half of a song.

Edited by Halcomb, 19 June 2007 - 10:42 PM.

#14 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

Given up on there New Album is Their Best song...

Edited by Raccoon00, 19 June 2007 - 10:50 PM.

#15 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:56 AM

lol, linkin park....truly sad.

I'd rather listen to Marilyn Manson than that crap...or even Beyonce....and thats like the bottom of the bottom...

Real music died a few years back. Its been a while since I heard any song that made me need to buy an album....and I can assure linkin park has never and will never produce a single Song or Hook that is even remotely good IMHO.

and as far as tool goes, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the music however, haven't you realized 98% of Tool songs sound exactly the same?

#16 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:58 AM

and as far as tool goes, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the music however, haven't you realized 98% of Tool songs sound exactly the same?

Well lets see, you are one of the following:

1. Deaf
2. Retarded
3. Don't know a single thing about music (at least this genre)

#17 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well lets see, you are one of the following:

1. Deaf
2. Retarded
3. Don't know a single thing about music (at least this genre)

I listen to all types of music..and well I may not know this "genre" as well as you, but I do like to keep an open mind and open ear to music that I hear. In addition I have been listening to "rock" type music since I was young, I have listened to tool since they came out, I have a few friends that are big fans, even went to 2 concerts...However if you were to step back from the, everything tool makes is great fanboy-ism, you would realize that a lot of their songs may not have the same melody but each song is so reminiscent of each other it that it overshadows it as a "style" and transforms it into just repetitiveness....I'm sorry if I offended you I did not mean to, however thats just my opinion on the music. Then again I am getting old, so maybe I have just crossed that line into being an "adult" Where all new music sucks and I only like "The good ol days"....ahh well I'm gonna go listen to some Hendrix...you can never go wrong with Hendrix..

#18 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

However if you were to step back from the, everything tool makes is great fanboy-ism, you would realize that a lot of their songs may not have the same melody but each song is so reminiscent of each other it that it overshadows it as a "style" and transforms it into just repetitiveness....

I'm not, and have never been, a fan of Tool. I quite dislike the style to be honest. But to say that all their songs are "so reminicent" of eachother that they are repetetive... That's just stupid. If that can be said about Tool, then the same thing can be said of any band in the history of bands.
You can't listen to just one band... that will get repetetive soon or later, no matter what.

#19 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

then the same thing can be said of any band in the history of bands.
You can't listen to just one band... that will get repetetive soon or later, no matter what.

I agree.

#20 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

STOP BITCH FIGHTING in my thread. its about linkin park and how much they suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users