30 replies to this topic

#21 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

I liked there music the most when they first came out, every CD has gotten progressively different from what I truly enjoyed... but I still like them. They just reinvent themselves a lot and I don't like getting used to it.

Their Live in Texas CD was pretty good. I just wish they did more of their older style for the new CD. They wanted to expand themselves and thats what they did. I can tell they put a lot of effort into the CD, for what I was expecting it wasn't great, but it would have been fine if it was their first CD and I wasn't expecting anything.

They're still my favorite band, simply because there isn't anyone that has as much music that I enjoy on a regular basis. Examples of what I tend to listen to Blink182, Limp Bizkit, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Blur. For CS there is nothing better than Midnight Sonata. Best song to kill people to ever.

#22 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

For CS there is nothing better than Midnight Sonata. Best song to kill people to ever.

Surely, you are mistaken.

#23 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

That works too :tup:

#24 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

I listen to all types of music..and well I may not know this "genre" as well as you, but I do like to keep an open mind and open ear to music that I hear. In addition I have been listening to "rock" type music since I was young, I have listened to tool since they came out, I have a few friends that are big fans, even went to 2 concerts...However if you were to step back from the, everything tool makes is great fanboy-ism, you would realize that a lot of their songs may not have the same melody but each song is so reminiscent of each other it that it overshadows it as a "style" and transforms it into just repetitiveness....I'm sorry if I offended you I did not mean to, however thats just my opinion on the music. Then again I am getting old, so maybe I have just crossed that line into being an "adult" Where all new music sucks and I only like "The good ol days"....ahh well I'm gonna go listen to some Hendrix...you can never go wrong with Hendrix..

I'm not just sticking up for Tool because I'm a 'fanboy.' I like Tool, sure, but Tool does have a huge following and I'm not into them like that. However every genre of music, and every band, "sounds the same" and is "repetitive". There is not one genre of music or band that you can not say that about, whether they change there style around or not. Thats why it just sounds stupid trying to refer to Tool as "every song sounding the same."

And to Billy, LP doesn't even deserve a thread, they are trash.

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 21 June 2007 - 11:45 PM.

#25 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

And to Billy, LP doesn't even deserve a thread, they are trash.

at least we agree on one thing :weee:

#26 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

The new CD is garbage, IMO. It's got 2, maybe 3 good songs. Given Up, What I've Done, and maybe No More Sorrow are the only okay ones on there.

#27 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

The Fort Minor album is f*cking amazing, Mike Shinoda has more talent than the rest of the band combined. The only good songs on the new LP album are the ones where he's featured prominently.

#28 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

i really liked LP... i just hope they can work it out and come out with another album with music like hybrid theory... thats still one of my favorite albums of all time

#29 Kottonmouth King2

Kottonmouth King2

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:34 AM

Anyone who can make and release the Hybrid Theory is honestly rock gods. After that CD, what they do... I don't care about. Up till this one CD, they have honestly been a great band.

#30 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:51 AM

wow this thread is old as balls...and LP still sucks

#31 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

Please don't revive threads about absolutely shitty bands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users