Photo

putting in a multiple room stereo system.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Ok. Brief synopsis. Have the Bose lifestyles 38 hooked up to my 50" Pioneer Elite plasma t.v. (oh, and don't get this bose set-up as the component hookup is complete BS, it's not hdmi compatible, basically a pos.) I have several rooms I want music to play. There are several options using the bose link crap, but it all revolves around this antequated lifestyle system.

I am looking for a great reciever, speaker control box with volume control with in-wall volume controls. Don't want to use remotes. Great speaker that are small and won't nig up the house. I'm going to place them under the crown molding and not in the ceiling. There will be two speakers per room. The rooms are normal sizes with 10' ceilings.

Basically, I can look up anything and read reviews, I want to know if any of you have used a specific reciever and speakers which you would recommend.

C

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

as far as te electronics go i don't really know much, but i have put in systems like this. When you say under the crown molding are you saying that you will put them on the wall just under the crown molding (~8 feet off the ground on the wall) or are you talking about some ghetto riged thing actually under the crown molding.

In my experience the cieling is the easiest cause all you have to do is run wires through your attic and cut holes in the ceiling, the wall is a bit more of a pain in the ass since you will be running wires down into your walls which could prove problematic due to the fact that homes are framed with horizontal braces which you would have to drill through...that sucks. plus you will be fucking with sheet rock which if you mess it up will look like niggers live there.

the only place i have put a speaker in the wall is when i put a sub in the corner of someones home that backed up into a closet so not much problem.

I will check back here tonight ;) and i want to see pictures of stuff when its done

#3 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Even better. My house is over 100 yrs old and has only 1 room with sheetrock. The rest is plaster= the suck. I think long and hard for at least a month when my wife wants me to hang anything cause fixing plaster is a fucking bitch. It's a two story house and the speakers will be placed on the 1st floor. For the upstairs, I'll use a wireless solution. Basically, I'll have the brains in a closet and run the wire under new crown molding, then over in the ceiling, or I'll have the speakers in the corners. That's why they have to be small speakers instead of towers or bookshelves.

I really just need a kick-ass reciever and suggestions for speakers. I'm old and not a stereo freak anymore. They will be used for music only. If I have to, I'll just drop the 3k for the bose speakers with the separate amps, but just cause I have the money does not mean I want to spend it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users