Photo

ok.pissed about fear

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:48 AM

alright, anyone know how to fix this problem, I have searched all over good and the f.e.a.r forums on how to fix this bug but nothing works.
when I try to start the game up all I get is a black screen, and it just sits there never loading the game. I have even tried playing on a fresh install of windows, I have manually updated it the the newest patch each time to try to play it, I even tried disabling the sounds in the configure utility to no avail.
I have searched windows for these "AcE mega codecs" that suposedly f*ck the game up but have yet to find them.
I even went into the audio codec control panel in the system menu and turned off every audio codec I had(all over the internet people are caliming the main cause of this bug is audio codecs but I have had no such luck).
If anyone here has had to deal with this problem and knows how to fix let me know.
I am currently playing on my "borrowed" rig seeing how I had to sell the one I built about a year ago.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

I dunno what to say except the game has horrible coding, thats all I could think of, because all in all, codecs shouldn't fuck with a game.

#3 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

well, that's what I said, but after doing a lot of reading up on it alot of people are having the same problem, but the problem gets fixed when they disable those ace codecs, which I cannot seem to find on my computer.I guess I wont bother trying to play it again.
thanks though shadow.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:21 AM

the *ace codec pack* just means that some guys compiled all the codecs available and put them into one nice little installer, I myself use K-Lite and I think it's a Must have for anyone who watches movies or wants to edit something and use a proper codec to encode it.

thats like saying, because you have a logitech keyboard, you cannot use your arrow keys, like wtf?

if anything, it sounds like some bullshit developer made copyright protection on the game, because stuff like this happens when I try to run *poorly designed games* that use starforce or other copy protections that prevent certain software such as Daemon Tools from running, meh, fuck em, not worth the hassle.

#5 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

I've heard of some of those codec packs f*cking with applications (especially games). I can't remember why, but even ati and nvidia recommend not installing them.

My old roommate had problems with one of his games, and after finding out the codec thing and removing it, problem solved.

#6 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

well my point is, I just reformatted my computer the other day to get windows back as a clear boot, I installed all the windows updates and video card drivers, and nothing else..oh and I re-installed firefox which is a must..I cant stand IE after using firefox.
anyway back on track, after all that this game should run perfectly fine, but it does'nt, like shadow says it's poorly coded and the developers dont want to do anything to fix it..the game has'nt been updated since 06....so...f*ck it. guess i'll play some BF2 and CSS and hope that my internet connection will stop dropping me like a bad habit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users