• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shaokang

shaokang

Lurker

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hi guys. theres this computer show nearby and they have this case on sale for 100 bucks. is it a good deal? at teh egg its 130 with free shipping. do you think its worth it. Shout out your opinion. THanks guys.

#2 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

I dunno man...plus the powersupply is on the bottom....that might call for some funky wiring... and if you do buy that make sure to keep it off the floor...that PSU will probably get clogged up with dust faster than anything else, the case looks well made but the design is just funky.
and the dimensions look a little tight, so installing all your components may be tough.
I would not recommend it, unless of course you are using a terrible, flimsy, no airflow case...then get it, but you could probably buy better for a few extra bucks.

#3 shaokang

shaokang

Lurker

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

sh*t. I already bought it. anyway i think its a good investment. I will update you guys in a few weeks when I finally get all the components together

#4 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

cool, keep us up to date...well...me seeing how I am the only one who responded.
I would like to know how easy/difficult the installation went.

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

cool, keep us up to date...well...me seeing how I am the only one who responded.

I have built several builds using the antec 900, and I have to say, it poses some interesting wiring problems. Suggest getting the dremel tool out and carving holes in the motherboard plate so you can stuff the extra crap behind it. Also may need a new power supply as with the ATX in the original ATX position, and the power supply on the bottom, older/cheaper power supplies may lack the cabling to reach the ATX connectors on the top of the motherboard. Other than that, it's a pretty good case, I myself wouldnt buy it as I am more inclined with Cooler Master or Lian Li

Just remember, dont buy a windowed case if you arent concerned with doing a good wiring job, you may consider buying a standard case with no window.

#6 shaokang

shaokang

Lurker

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

Hey man thanks for the interest. Yesterday and today I already got some practicing opening up my old rig. I got a creative soundblaster live! sound card and a dvd-rom drive for only 20 bucks. Pretty good deal. It sounds amazing I can hear more sounds in games, and the card is probably over five years old. Tommorow hopefully i will be able to move my whole "rig" to the new case although I doubt the power supply will reach the drives and everything. Just hope my bro and sis will be busy for a time long enough for me to do some mischief! Come next paycheck I probably will buy everything and finally have a modern pc. THat'll be in a week or so. Oh and the nine hundred looks pretty good. Its sitting in its box, i opened it and it looks awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users