12 replies to this topic

#1 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

Lately myself and many of the other admins have been keeping a closer eye on the teams and scores in server #1, and have been moving people around during the game accordingly to try and balance the teams out some. What's getting old is that people moved want to whine and complain when they are moved, 90% of the time spewing out something along the lines of "but I'm no good on CT!"

This is a problem yes, but what irks me more is that some of our own members do it as well. (You know who you are.) I know people like to build up their "leet scores" but you need to get over it and understand the necessity of team balance. You're a BoSS memeber, or so you claim by wearing the tag. So for f*ck's sake, don't argue and whine when you get swapped, if anything feel good about having a score good enough that the admin that moved you felt like you'd be a help to the losing team.

And what does this say to non-BoSS people playing? When our own members are giving sh*t to the admins it tells everyone else to do the same when they get moved. Lately 3/4 of the people I move complain, and enough is enough. SUPPORT US, respect it and let it go. You're representing this community when you wear that tag, so forget your scores and help out. Cliche line, but lead by example. Hell you shouldn't even have to be moved. If you see a team losing badly join then. Don't keep whoring up your score.

We're just doing our jobs people, now do yours and help us out and support us.
Or just take off the damn tag.

-X-

Edited by Xiertic, 24 June 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#2 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

^^^^^^^

So Agree!!

#3 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

Ahh Nice one there xiertic

Me and Komit where Talking about this yesterday..

I never go to server one anymore because Ts always Camp and are Stacked..

So i agree..

#4 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

I gave up trying to play server one a long time ago, always has stacked T's camping projector. Even if an admin trys to fix the teams the moved players always cry and keep switching back or just leave and a new person joins and does the same thing.

#5 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

I gave up trying to play server one a long time ago, always has stacked T's camping projector. Even if an admin trys to fix the teams the moved players always cry and keep switching back or just leave and a new person joins and does the same thing.

Yep. And it's becoming a real headache. People that switch back after being moved just get a shiny boot up in their ass.

#6 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

I try to play CT at least half of the time and although my score is usually better on T it's still fun playing as CT against stacked teams. After all a challenge is a challenge. And sometimes CT pwns. But I agree, there are tons of people, members and non members that always sit on T and stat wh*re. If admins want to do some switching then good for them. One thing I request is not to ever be switched in the middle of a round. I never notice right away when that happens and it gets me killed. hehe. okay thanks. good post Lord Winter.

#7 DeJNow

DeJNow

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

I couldn't agree with this post more. Team balancing is a key to having a fun match.

Actioncradd and I have even asked admins to switch us to the losing team to try to help out since we don't have a prefrence which side we're on.

Plus if you start winning your a hero, and if you start sucking your excuse is "well my team sucks" so you win either way! hahaha

#8 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

I only can play office for about 15 minutes at a time before it gets old.

#9 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

One thing I request is not to ever be switched in the middle of a round. I never notice right away when that happens and it gets me killed.

Yeah I make damn sure I use the "swap at end of round" function so that nobody suddenly finds themselves in the middle of a group of enemies.. While that has substantial comic value, it's still not something that should be done. :P

#10 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

Yeah I make damn sure I use the "swap at end of round" function so that nobody suddenly finds themselves in the middle of a group of enemies.. While that has substantial comic value, it's still not something that should be done. :P

this is what u should do though to the fags that whine complain and decide to try to switch bak to t...

ive done it a few times :D its fun!!

#11 SaladFingers

SaladFingers

Lurker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

I don't mean to wake up this thread again but I agree. The teams do get stacked alot and it does get old. Some peeps do try to keep it even but most don't unfortunatly. Have you guys ever considered ETB? I've played on a few servers that use it and although its not perfect I believe it does a decent job at keeping things balanced. My .02.

Salad

Edited by SaladFingers, 02 July 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#12 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

I don't mean to wake up this thread again but I agree. The teams do get stacked alot and it does get old. Some peeps do try to keep it even but most don't unfortunatly. Have you guys ever considered ETB? I've played on a few servers that use it and although its not perfect I believe it does a decent job at keeping things balanced. My .02.

Salad

i stacked the ct side a lil for once today.. it was around 50ish to 14.. scroll and i jumped to ct and evened the score & won the map.

#13 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

I don't care what side I play on, as long as with my friends. I pick whatever side my friends join, whether the team is losing or winning. I won't get upset for being switched over to the worse team, but I will get annoyed if I was playing with a friend on a team and then get switched. But what I usually do if that happens, I will say "sry buddy, BUT THE TIDES HAVE TURNED!", lol. It's fun to kill your friends, but it's more fun to play with them I think. But if I'm doing really good, and I get switched, then yeah I'll get pissed, not because of rank (my rank sucks), but it f*cks up my playing. What I suggest is to switch over the people near the middle, or the 3-4th best person on the team. But this is a good topic, and I think I bring up the thinking of a lot of people.

Edited by Konig, 03 July 2007 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users