3 replies to this topic

#1 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

Okay, so my problem seemed to all start from trying to run vent with CSS. Yesterday I bought a mic and got on vent, then I tried launching a game of CSS but it kept crashing. It would either crash to desktop and I would get these errors: 1) failed to lock vertex buffer in Cmeshdx8::lockvertexbuffer and 2) internal driver error in Idirect3Ddevice9::present() or my pc would freeze and have to be manually rebooted. One time it crashed to blue screen.

I googled both those error messages and found a lot of suggestions but nothing concrete. I reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers, i reinstalled direct 3d. I reverted to my previous drivers after reinstall did nothing. I did a full virus/ spyware check. I did a disk defrag and a diskcheck. I disabled unnecessary processes and stopped useless services from starting up. I also deleted steam, HL2 and CSS and did a full reinstall. Also deleted the steam folder that saves maps and skins and settings and sh*t.

So after doing all that the game still keeps crashing even though i'm not even running vent. I uninstalled vent. The weird thing is it lets me load and play on any map now except for office. It will let me enter an office server and even spectate, but as soon as it places me in the game physically, IE at the start of the next round it crashes. Sometimes i am able to alt tab and then close HL2 but normally I have to reboot. If i am able to close HL2 it won't load any maps normally again until I restart the computer though. If i try to enter a game after any error without restarting it just sits at the loading screen forever and I can tell my computer isn't processing anything cuz the green activity light is dark. Ok guys, anyone have any suggestions to fix this sh*t? It sucks that I can't play on office and the game is only barely functioning. The only other thing I can think to do is reformat the computer, and that might not even work since I have a 1.5 year old POS Dell. Meaning I might be having hardware failure. Happened to a friend of mine with their Dell after 1.5 years. Next time I'm building my own like I did last time. Thanks for reading all this, hopefully somebody knows of something I can try. Later guys, I'm gonna go be pissed off some more now. :tdown:

Edited by indica, 29 June 2007 - 09:23 PM.

#2 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

Okay, after messing with a bunch of stuff and running disk check I finally got it working again. Only took me 12 hours of messing with everything I could think of. So the question is... should I risk trying to use vent while in game again?

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

why not , lol fuck it mine crashes all the time too. just back up everything you like and then when it crashes you can beat te shit out of it like i do. if i break it i will just have to get a new one and that is what i want anyway.

#4 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

I wants a new one but can't afford it quite yet. I'll be putting money away towards buying the parts to build a nice one from now on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users