Photo

new Dream Theater

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

ok..well it's been awhile since I posted my take on a new album..
well last friday I decided to pick up the new Dream Theater album "Systematic Chaos".
Let me just start off by saying I have always liked Dream Theater, most of their sound is varied, and each album has its own feeling, and this album is no different, compared to other DT albums, this one is pretty dark, the tempo is a bit slower but the musicianship is still top notch.Some killer riffs and drums dominate this album, it's what you come to expect from Dream Theater whether or not you are a fan of them.
The great tracks off this album which are must hear are "The Dark Eternal Night" (my personal favorite off the album) and "Constant Motion"...
The overall sound of the album is a nice mix of thrashy, progressive with some straight balls to the walls metal.
I highly recommend this album and I give it a 9.5 out of 10. If you liked any other Dream Theater albums, this will not disappoint.

#2 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Yea this was the last CD I bought and I absolutely love it, I've been listening to it everyday since I bought it.

#3 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

Badass, I had no idea Dream Theater was working on anything, but I haven't listened to them in a LONG time. I'll be sure to pick this one up, and you all know what I mean by that. :evil:

#4 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:03 PM

i think i'll get it soon then

#5 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

to tell you the truth i think i've only heard like on song by them, but wouldn't mind checking them out. any suggestions on some songs to check out that you guys like best by them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users