1 reply to this topic

#1 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Well the madre got a new copmpouter (thinkpad laptop with XP for work). So she wanted to test out the wireless capability for it but couldn't use the router we have because it is password protected. So in an attempt to figure out what it was she logged into the linksys set up url page. This is were it turns bad.

I believe she changed the SSID for our router. I really don't remember what the old one was so I suggested just resetting the router and setting it up again (we are going to have to do it again anyways since I am going to get Cable in a August when this DSL ends). So I went off to work, came back and knowing the router wasn't going to work I just hooked mine straight up to the DSL modem but it doesn't work either.

So I do all the normal stuff and nothing seems to work, Repairing the connection doesn't work, checked all the cords, turned off my pc and the modem and then turned on my modem and then the PC and it still doesn't work. Well I asked my mom what happened and she tried to setup the router again from my computer since I am directly connected to it.

So now I am stuck without the internet on my computer, have no idea what she did, but nothing seems to be working.

The only postive side is that when the telephone line is hooked up to the modem and the modem to the router and then to my pc I can access the linksys url setup page.

Any suggestions on possibly what went wrong.

Oh here is the good part. My computer hooked up to the modem will not work but my mom's old laptop will. So you know something really go f*cked up on my machine.

#2 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

if your modem will not work unless you have the linksys router in place, you probaly have your modem in bridge mode. call your isp and they will walk you threw it. it also might be your tcp/ip settings. either way, your isp has diagnostics to find the cause.

did you try resetting the modem? google the name of your modem to get your generic 10.100.100.1 to access your modem page,(not the router page)

Edited by wyte mafia, 19 July 2007 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users