4 replies to this topic

#1 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

So over the past 2.5 weeks, ive been having this issue where any game I play will be running along fine, but then like every minute or so I will freeze up pretty badly for like 6-10 seconds. First I thought it was lag, bad connection, but in fact my connection has been pretty damn good lately(pings on the servers of like 5-9, and low latencies on WoW). So then I recalled steam telling me my graphics card drivers were out of date, so I got the new one, but there has been no change. It's been suggested to me that possibly there is a problem with my hard drive...

anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

#2 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

I have the same problem with the out of date nVidia driver. Updated it and it did nothing, o well. Hopefully nVidia will step it up even though ATI is out of the game.

I dont have this problem while playing WoW but when playing CSS i seem to crash every 20 min or so. I just get some nasty graphic scrambled screen and my comp dies. I really think i need to stop being lazy and clean out my comp, hopefully its just overheating and not another issue.

Dave

#3 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:26 PM

I have the same problem with the out of date nVidia driver. Updated it and it did nothing, o well. Hopefully nVidia will step it up even though ATI is out of the game.

I dont have this problem while playing WoW but when playing CSS i seem to crash every 20 min or so. I just get some nasty graphic scrambled screen and my comp dies. I really think i need to stop being lazy and clean out my comp, hopefully its just overheating and not another issue.

Dave

I've had that same problem. I finally got the nasty graphics to stop after I re-adjusted my settings so it matched my resolution. However, the freezes still happen, and it occasionally crashes the computer. Dunno what to do about it...

Oh, and I got the same "out of date" message about my drivers, too. Updating them didn't do anything, so I just ignored the message. Anyway, I also have a nvidia card.

Edited by Link2086, 02 August 2007 - 02:28 PM.

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Dave

Yeah it could be overheating or maybe your psu is about to die.

#5 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

It just happened again. Twice on Office, and then once on another server; just a regular breakfloor game. I don't get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users