• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:54 AM

So I wanted to know how those who participated in Boss's Fantasy Football felt about how your draft went. It kinda of sucked that we had like 4 or 5 people missing, but oh well I guess. I didn't like the fact that my net went out as soon as I was going to make my first pick, and that some of my positions have the same bye-week, but besides that I beleive I have one of the top 3 teams.

So what do you guys think of your own teams, and who do you think are the top 3.

#2 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:18 AM

Lol f*cking week 6 my whole team is on bye. I think mine's top 3 at least.

#3 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

My draft went pretty good if not great. Got good solid picks, sleepers possibly def. top 1 or 2 for picks, but thats jsut what i think. And just for the record Vince young is gonna sh*t on people this year regardless of being on the madden cover, The patriots are still winning the superbowl this year, and the ravens still suck. :tup:

Edited by XxsilverboyxX, 17 August 2007 - 05:53 AM.

#4 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

My Team is OK

and The Pats will win this year

#5 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

i got the best QB ever and i have no idea why noone else picked him:

Michael Vick.

:>.<:

#6 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

I didnt get some of the people I really wanted.

Anyone want to trade me a RB?

#7 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

Love my team. Most depth in the league at RB and that will prove to be vital as the season wears on and RB's either break down or just become flat out busts. Was able to snag very quality players that went way too late (Calvin Johnson (rd 8) and D'Angello Williams(rd 12)) because people took kickers and defenses too early. There's a reason the Kicker rankings change entirely every single year. Anyways with two promising young QB's and a plethora of RB's to play/trade, I like my teams chances a lot.

Anyone want to trade me a RB?

See, it's already begun. PM me offers on yahoo, though I'm not likely to trade until we're at least 2-3 weeks into the season.

#8 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Just wait and see, my kicker got as many points as one or two of your RB's did last season.

A good kicker can save your ass. Two or three field goals will get you 9-12 free points. But only if your kicker can make them.

#9 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Just wait and see, my kicker got as many points as one or two of your RB's did last season.

A good kicker can save your ass. Two or three field goals will get you 9-12 free points. But only if your kicker can make them.

Yea but it's basically impossible to know who's going to be the top kicker each year. There are kickers who are consistently in say, the top 10 or 15 but they can all be had in the last round (as I did with David Akers). But if you think the top 5 scoring kickers from last year will be in the top 5 again this year, good luck with that. I remember Vanderjagt was being picked as the top kicker just 2 years ago. What's he doing now? Oh yeah, bagging groceries at the Kwik-E-Mart.

Furthermore, even if your kicker does outscore a couple of my reserve RB's, it's moot. The dropoff in RB talent has a far wider gap than the dropoff in kicker talent. Injuries, RB-by-committtee and other setbacks make finding consistent RB's later in the season very difficult(and you have to start 2). A kicker who can easily score 10 points on any given week can always be found. Not true for RB's.

#10 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

For being one of the last picks of the first round I think I did ok. Wish I could of got a top RB, but I'm hoping Adrian Peterson does something good with the Vikings. I'm not sure if I'm the strongest team but I think with my lineup I can beat any team in the League. However what Rollo says is true, although a Kicker can win you a game, there is no telling if the kicker is even going to kick in a game so there is no point wasting any other but the last pick on one.

#11 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

Yea but it's basically impossible to know who's going to be the top kicker each year. There are kickers who are consistently in say, the top 10 or 15 but they can all be had in the last round (as I did with David Akers). But if you think the top 5 scoring kickers from last year will be in the top 5 again this year, good luck with that. I remember Vanderjagt was being picked as the top kicker just 2 years ago. What's he doing now? Oh yeah, bagging groceries at the Kwik-E-Mart.

Furthermore, even if your kicker does outscore a couple of my reserve RB's, it's moot. The dropoff in RB talent has a far wider gap than the dropoff in kicker talent. Injuries, RB-by-committtee and other setbacks make finding consistent RB's later in the season very difficult(and you have to start 2). A kicker who can easily score 10 points on any given week can always be found. Not true for RB's.

very well said. even if I dont agree.

#12 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Fuck! I forgot all about it while I was away. Fuck.

Edit:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I HAVE LADANIAN

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Justin Sane, 24 August 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#13 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

Season starts tonight niggas!

#14 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

w00t

#15 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

colts baby! lets see how peyton gets me points :1:

#16 TheCincinnatiKid

TheCincinnatiKid

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

if someone could provide a link to the team or if everyone would post their team I could give my thoughts on who did the best draftwise.

#17 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Donovan McNabb

Steve Smith

Terrell Owens

Santonio Holmes

Shaun Alexander

Warrick Dunn

Todd Heap

LaMont Jordan

Fred Taylor

DeShaun Foster

Steve McNair

Isaac Bruce

Randy McMichael

and denver on def.

#18 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:57 AM

wtf's with the alternate names deal? i looked at the league and didn't know who half the f*cking people were.

#19 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

I can't be assed to sign up for a new Yahoo account, so I use mine from like 10 years ago "mhateball." Team is Insanity, which should be pretty obvious.

I'm so glad I didn't play Henderson this week. Brees played like utter shit.

#20 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yeah that second half was an utter disgrace by the Saints lol. The colts did exactly what you would expect from them, with Harrison, Wayne, Addai, and Manning all having great stats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users