• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

Okay, so over the last few days, I've suddenly been lagging like crazy and timing out every few minutes. I don't understand what the problem is.
I have Comcast cable, so it's not like I'm playing on dial-up, and my rates are fine. My ping is usually around 30 or 40 when I time out, and my latency is only in the 20s. The choke is about 0 or 1, so there isn't much there.

The only thing I have noticed is that my framerate has been hovering around 50 while it used to be about 70+, but that's the only thing. I haven't installed any new programs or changed hardware, so I have no clue what could suddenly be causing these timeouts.

I have to assume it's my connection, though, because this happens on other servers in addition to BoSS ones. Things will just freeze, and although I can look left, right, up, and down, nothing else works. It usually happens when I'm dead and specing someone, although today I froze when jumping through a window to enter Office.

Disconnecting a few times isn't bad, but this is getting to the point where the game is nearly unplayable for me--I can usually make it through one, maybe two or three rounds tops before I'm timing out. Is there anything I can do to try and prevent this?

I already tried downgrading my visual settings and the like, but that didn't appear to have much of an effect, so I reset them.

Oh, and before anyone asks, no, I'm not running any downloads or torrents or anything in the background. The only thing I *sometimes* have up is iTunes, and that doesn't seem like it should cause a timeout to me.

An image of the game when it froze, just so you guys can see the net_graph 3 readings:

Posted Image

Now with bold words for those who don't like to read a lot! =D

Edited by Link2086, 31 August 2007 - 02:13 PM.

#2 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

tl;dr

This happens to me occasionally. Not very often though. And I'm using comcast, too, and it blows anal sausage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users