• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:49 AM

lol... so apparently Halo 3 is causing the RRoD on tons of 360s. way to f*cking spend a f*ck load of time developing a game and still manage to f*cking rush it out. it's also funny to add that a lot of people are also getting scratched disks right out of the box.

NY Times

#2 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:57 AM

LOL

=D

#3 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

sehctiB 007 tsop yaw yna .xboX eht dna TFOSORCIM ekil tsuj staht ah ah ah

#4 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

The rrod can pretty much ceom from any game.

One of my friends brought over guitar hero 2 and played it.
Half a song later and it froze.
Tried to turn it back on and rrod.

At least we weren't left high and dry by m$. They are fixing any system with the rrod for free. (extended warranty)

#5 Smalls

Smalls

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

I think the belief that a GAME is causing the RRoD is pretty wack.

Think about how hardware failures work, and how little software has to do with them.

#6 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:54 AM

Think about how hardware failures work, and how little software has to do with them.

True.

#7 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

The RROD is caused from recurring heat damage to the mobo & components. There were lots of people playing their xbox for long periods of time beforehand, but now with all these guys playing halo 3 for days on end... They'll just be glad that they can send it back to ms.

#8 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

i only linked an "actual" news source mentioning it, if you want to see what the problems actually are, do a google search. apparently the game corrupts the hard drive and causes the hardware to basically say, "f*ck this, rrod n1gger."

#9 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

#10 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

Anyway, that sucks. I've been holding off on Halo 3 for a few days, and I'll probably wait at least a full week or two before I pick it up.

#11 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

Actually, software can fuck up hardware.

...I gonna go play some Forza 2.

#12 Yacht

Yacht

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:11 AM

It was inevitable, anything that is rushed is gonna have problems. And I'm kinda glad, I want all of this hype to be gone with already. It's annoying when you can't sit through a normal class session without hearing someone talking about it.

Dear lord, and to all of those people that actually stood in line, LOL @ you. Good to see Walmart still has 2308240374027 copies.

#13 Smalls

Smalls

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

The RROD is caused from recurring heat damage to the mobo & components. There were lots of people playing their xbox for long periods of time beforehand, but now with all these guys playing halo 3 for days on end... They'll just be glad that they can send it back to ms.

This.

#14 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

QFT

Of course you get hard drive corruption when the system crashes. That's just a happy side effect. It isn't halo3's fault, it's the fact that people don't usually play their 360s much and then started up. It happens with pretty much every big game that comes out (yes, like forza2, chris. :p) Eventually this sh*t will get fixed. Until then hope yours lasts until the 8000000 games for PC come out in the upcoming weeks

#15 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

lol... so apparently Halo 3 is causing the RRoD on tons of 360s. way to f*cking spend a f*ck load of time developing a game and still manage to f*cking rush it out. it's also funny to add that a lot of people are also getting scratched disks right out of the box.

NY Times

its funny that you think this is halo3's fault

#16 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

QFT
Of course you get hard drive corruption when the system crashes. That's just a happy side effect. It isn't halo3's fault, it's the fact that people don't usually play their 360s much and then started up. It happens with pretty much every big game that comes out (yes, like forza2, chris. :p) Eventually this sh*t will get fixed. Until then hope yours lasts until the 8000000 games for PC come out in the upcoming weeks

it's happening to 360s that have intercoolers and on systems that haven't been played for hours at a time. a lot of times it happens to players who've just been playing anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so.

its funny that you think this is halo3's fault

going on what i've read, it seems that it does corrupt the harddrive or causes a critical error in the hardware. if you're so knowledgable, why don't you astound me with your apparently vast knowledge of the interworkings of a 360 and correct my neanderthal like assumptions.

#17 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

it's happening to 360s that have intercoolers and on systems that haven't been played for hours at a time. a lot of times it happens to players who've just been playing anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so.

going on what i've read, it seems that it does corrupt the harddrive or causes a critical error in the hardware. if you're so knowledgable, why don't you astound me with your apparently vast knowledge of the interworkings of a 360 and correct my neanderthal like assumptions.

you link a f*ckin article that says nothing even close to "halo 3 causes red rings of death"

yes your assumption was pretty neanderthal, glad you picked up on that.

#18 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

Yeah seriously, just because 100 people on the internet say that Halo 3 caused the rrod does not mean halo 3 has anything to do with it... how about the other millions who it didn't cause the rrod for?

#19 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

Yeah seriously, just because 100 people on the internet say that Halo 3 caused the rrod does not mean halo 3 has anything to do with it... how about the other millions who it didn't cause the rrod for?

Agreed. If someone had an xbox that was already on the verge of getting the rrod, and halo set it off, then that doesn't make it halo's fault per se.

#20 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:11 PM

Well, if you must know, my 360 ring of deathed this spring within a week of getting an intercooler. It is a POS.
When the 360 crashes, if it is performing a HDD access, it can very well corrupt the drive. When it's just running, I have no reason to believe the game corrupts the hard drive. Unless I missed something pretty huge, there's a link to an article put out last month saying that 360s fail, and the only mention of halo 3 is about some kid wanting it:

Yet he remains a devotee of his 360 console, the more so because he wants to play Halo 3, the latest iteration of a violent space epic due in stores on Sept. 25; it is available only for that game machine.

ya know, because the only merits of halo3 are that it has violence in it. (mostly violence of people beating the heads of 12 year olds in because they sound like kids on live)

Now that I'm done with this petty argument for now, it's toga party time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users