8 replies to this topic

#1 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

I knew USF's undefeated streak wouldn't have lasted forever. We can now see how screwed up our polls are. USF ranked no.2 in the nation lost to Rutgers, an unranked team. I guess it wasn't a real Cinderella story. :whatever:

USF-27
Rutgers-30

Who do you guys think will end up in the championship game?

#2 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:17 PM

Lol yer makin those predictions already??
Rutgers was last year's cinderella team, USF is kinda just a fluke imo. but we'll see. Championship game is so far off man. and its not like you can go by rankings since those are so totally f*ckED!!!

anyway, Rutgers is cool. Around here it's the closest thing we have to a local college team lol. Since Marist sucks at everything

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

yeah i was eating lunch with my mother today and sports center was on, when i saw that i almost dropped my fork. They were my new adopted 2nd favorite team. I was really dissapointed but not nearly surprised. Not because i think usf sucks, but because the way things have been going this year. I mean honestly i would almost put money on notre dame this weekend. lulz not really but nothing would make me happier though i fucking hate both teams (hate usc more).

It is too far off but i am saying LSU will be in the championship game with whoever they play being over rated as fuck and there by getting destroyed with the espn guys being completely baffled and then trying to get on the SEC titt after second geussing them every year.

^^ lulz run on sentence

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:37 PM

coincidently I was having breakfast with your mother when sportscenter was on today. >.<
LSU is looking like a pretty good bet. However, knowing how this season is going, would you be HONESTLY surprised if they lost their next 4 games? lulz, I mean I dont even remember their schedule, but I wouldnt rule it out as a possibility hehe :weee:

Edited by J.Pizzack, 19 October 2007 - 05:38 PM.

#5 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hell yea Rutgers Won!! I was f*ckin there. great game!

#6 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

I think this year the polls are really going through their paces its getting harder and harder for the polls to stay concise and accurate. Now when soo many teams can compete as their football programs are getting soo much better.

You not only have your old school powerhouse teams but now you are seeing a new influx of teams that are playing at that same level. In addition you have conferences like the SEC which has so much talent in their teams that any given day a team that lost to another team can now beat that same team.

I don't know if the 2nd ranking was deserved with USF but they were so highly ranked because they beat both Auburn(who beat UF) and West Virginia, and totally and utterly dominated UCF (UCF only lost by 3 to ranked Texas). So its not like the team hasn't done something to deserve the ranking. In addition the fact that Rutgers in unranked doesn't mean they are a bad team just means they haven't won this season the games they should have. The team has the talent to be a top 10 just like last year.

Now if we make fun of anyone it should be lowly ol' Michigan losing to Appalachian State...wtf?

Again this year is really showing you the fault of the current ranking system based on judges. Its hard to rank them when there are sooo many that can beat each other on any given Saturday. However with so many teams how else can a ranking system be done?

#7 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

I agree whole heartedly wondergod. I didn't agree with USF's rank of no.2 just because their team fluctuated. Watching the USF vs. FAU game, I saw USF struggling with a fledgling football team, where some other top10 team would've probably killed them. At this moment, I don't really see one highly dominating team. I dunno, this seasons seems to be in anyone's hands. We've had a lot of upsets this season. I'm sure there are more to come. :D

#8 TheCincinnatiKid

TheCincinnatiKid

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

GO BUCKS!

#9 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

Being from NJ and real an hour away from Rutgers, I laughed my ass off. Especially when they completed the fake field goal touchdown, f*ckin classic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users