Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:26 AM

SYM05-006
March 28, 2005
Denial of Service in Symantec Norton AntiVirus AutoProtect

firm Symantec said some of it anti-virus software has holes in it.

The company admitted its Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton System Works, 2004 and 2005 editions, were so flawed hackers could quite easily sneak in and knobble computers running the software.

Japan�s Information-Technology Promotion Agency told Symantec about one situation with both Windows versions of Norton AntiVirus 2004 and 2005, where a real-time scan of a specific file type can cause the Blue Screen of Death to appear.

The programs� Auto-Protect and SmartScan features were found to be faulty and susceptible to Denial of Service attacks.

Red-faced company engineers released patches for the holes and distributed updates to users of its LiveUpdate automatic update servic

Symantec said it assessed the Risk Impact of the discoveries as low. here's Symantec�s security response.

quite funny imo... but this isn't a surprise, norton has more flaws then microsoft when it comes to protecting its users, the tarts can't even include proper solutions, they just think making a pretty gold [quite faggy i might add] interface actually makes users seem protected.... Havn't used the software in at least a year, last time I installed a Symantec product, I had to format.... So I surely don't trust them, as their software makes such a large system footprint, it doesn't uninstall itself properly [f*cked registry keys, dead files, blank services.msc files, etc]

Don't waste your time, if you want security, download or buy kaspersky, its the best AV engine.

#2 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

agreed... f*cking nortons

#3 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:00 AM

norton sucks donkey dick!!!!

kaspersky's rulez

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

Kaspersky 5.0.227 Download

#5 ThugLife

ThugLife

Old School

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

shadow, have you seen antiviruskit 2005 pro? said it had kaspersky & bitdefender engines running together..

review looked all fancy lol

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

a few good antivirus's use the kaspersky engine, KAV, F-Secure, etc... but nothing can compair with a True Kaspersky Engine by the company itself....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users