25 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

So we launched some TF2 servers, still not entirely impressed with the userbase for it seeing as not a lot of folks have picked it up, thats somewhat disappointing because it is indeed a pretty nice game, aside from that this month I want to discuss some stuff with you guys thats been on my mind.

for one, I notice far to many of you have a stick up your ass, your in each-others face trying to start shit constantly, Just shut the fuck up, there is no need for such hostility and I hope you guys understand that if I catch some of you making attacks against other members I will give you one chance, then I ban you. :kill:

Some of you have been talking shit about me via PM's bickering about how I dislike WoW, It's understandable, but know this, when I implemented that *ban all the WoW players from BoSS* deal, it was meant to prevent me from thinking of the game when I was trying to get over my addiction, that was over roughly 1 and a half years ago, Stop holding a grudge, things change and so do people.

I want some suggestions on how we can further better this community... so feel free to post your opinion as long as its a productive one, oh and also if you have any other things you would like to mention that you find troubling or whatever, do feel free to speak your mind.

#2 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:00 PM

So we launched some TF2 servers, still not entirely impressed with the userbase for it seeing as not a lot of folks have picked it up, thats somewhat disappointing because it is indeed a pretty nice game, aside from that this month I want to discuss some stuff with you guys thats been on my mind.

for one, I notice far to many of you have a stick up your ass, your in each-others face trying to start sh*t constantly, Just shut the f*ck up, there is no need for such hostility and I hope you guys understand that if I catch some of you making attacks against other members I will give you one chance, then I ban you. :kill:

Yes alot of people have been very Immature, and posting alot of crap lately..

i would love MORE SMILEYS..=D
ill try to think of more stuff.

#3 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Indeed, you guys should check out the servers, constant immature people keep coming in talking sh*t and mic spamming. People need to understand boss isn't the n1gger-wonderland, seriously. I get aggravated to say something sometimes but its not even worth the time anymore. Thats another reason why I barely play CS:S anymore :malace:.

#4 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

People need to understand boss isn't the n1gger-wonderland, seriously.

that should b a message in the servers.

i havent playd CSS in couple months until i started playin a few days ago and wow there are some r-tards playing in our servers. There are people talkin in the mic with their e-friends like their talkin on the phone. there are a few jokers but sometimes it gets out of hand, i have to mute at least 2 people every time i play. My suggestion is to get a little more strict on mic usage.

Also if a player is 15-1 and you "THINK" he hacks, hes not hacking.

#5 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Are you thinking about implementing a Unreal Tournament 3 server when the game comes out?

#6 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

for one, I notice far to many of you have a stick up your ass, your in each-others face trying to start sh*t constantly, Just shut the f*ck up, there is no need for such hostility and I hope you guys understand that if I catch some of you making attacks against other members I will give you one chance, then I ban you. :kill:

Yeah there is a lot of fighting amongst each other, at least on the forums, as you know I don't know too much of what happens on in CS, but I do think it has gotten a little better in a few areas. People don't make fun of Chris like they used to, which is nice because Chris is a cool guy. Also, the whole Gaara thing is over too now. But I see what you're getting at. There's a lot of fights in the unban section. You may do this already but I think you should just make a policy of deleting any posts in an unban topic that isn't between admins and the person who wants to be unbanned.

Some of you have been talking sh*t about me via PM's bickering about how I dislike WoW, It's understandable, but know this, when I implemented that *ban all the WoW players from BoSS* deal, it was meant to prevent me from thinking of the game when I was trying to get over my addiction, that was over roughly 1 and a half years ago, Stop holding a grudge, things change and so do people.

Question: Does this mean you don't ban WoW players anymore? I know you still hate it probably, and that's cool. I just wanted to know.

#7 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

Just for the record, all my jeers and rhetoric are just in good fun.

game wise, i've just been sticking to eve. TF2 doesn't really catch my interest and personally i think UT3 would be a lot better choice.

I'm dropping admin next month because the last few times I played in office there's been so much faggotry going on it's hardly worth playing much less admin'ing the abundance of dumbassness. The main benefit of admin has been not being able to be "accidentally" banned by my noob admin brethren.

community wise, i think things are fine. for the most part good people and good times.

#8 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

Some of you have been talking sh*t about me via PM's bickering about how I dislike WoW, It's understandable, but know this, when I implemented that *ban all the WoW players from BoSS* deal, it was meant to prevent me from thinking of the game when I was trying to get over my addiction, that was over roughly 1 and a half years ago, Stop holding a grudge, things change and so do people.

I want some suggestions on how we can further better this community... so feel free to post your opinion as long as its a productive one, oh and also if you have any other things you would like to mention that you find troubling or whatever, do feel free to speak your mind.

Hmmm, I just want to clear up if the WoW thing is about me or not... Me and Ash were talking about WoW through PM's, but I don't believe we even mentioned BoSS to begin with.

Also, this is only a suggestion and I don't really care if it would be implemented or not, but since the whole BoSS + WoW controversy is over... Could we have a WoW section on the forums? Just for basic general chatter of the game, and not any type of guild involvement or recruiting. I know there's a few WoW playing BoSS members, so it might be nice to include them a little bit.

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:17 AM

We shall see how UT3 is upon final release, as for adding a WoW Forum... maybe in the future.

#10 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

So people don't start to worry, or start running mouths...the WoW thing was aimed at me. We have since discussed this, and nobody including him or myself was brought up in any conversation. It wasn't a big deal to begin with so it shouldn't really be discussed any further.

#11 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

Could we have a WoW section on the forums? Just for basic general chatter of the game, and not any type of guild involvement or recruiting. I know there's a few WoW playing BoSS members, so it might be nice to include them a little bit.

I would also agree with this, mostly so people don't have to read what they dont want. you don't play wow? good for you, dont respond in the forum. Seems pretty simple to me. Since the majority of the WoW players in BoSS don't play on the same realms, it would probobly just be a forum for useless banter, links, and discussion...much like the rest of the forums.

Edited by J.Pizzack, 27 October 2007 - 09:52 AM.

#12 Link2086

Link2086

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

Still slightly terrified of Shadow's wrath, but aside from that, I'd say I'm more or less satisfied with the way things are going. I've finally fixed my stupid timeout issues, so I'll hopefully be back on Office more frequently now.

I don't have anything to complain about or the like, so I'll just say to keep up the good work and all off that.

#13 the.dino

the.dino

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

Indeed, you guys should check out the servers, constant immature people keep coming in talking sh*t and mic spamming. People need to understand boss isn't the n1gger-wonderland, seriously. I get aggravated to say something sometimes but its not even worth the time anymore. Thats another reason why I barely play CS:S anymore :malace:.

I personally tell people to stop mic spamming but i feel that if i go to extremes to get them to stop i may loose my admin considering a lot of members want to take shots at us (noob admins) Thats the real thing holding me back from taking real actions against things of this matter.

#14 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

Dino, f*ck all the people who take shots at the newer admins..if somone is mic spamming then you are in your full right to mute/kick/slay/slap/burn/gimp that person if you have given them atleast 1-2 warnings..so dont be afraid, people like that are annoying so shadow will understand if you b*tch slap some of them f*ckers back in check.

and what is it shadow used to say about admins if they abused their powers? "Admin is a responsibility, not a right f*ckers".

#15 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

link you should always be affraid of teh* shadow

As far as office/dust2 and im sure alot of you will agree.. when i joined the servers would be packed with 90% BoSS members. now when i come in theres hardly 20-40%. Something has to be going on where we are losing members in our servers..

to the powers that be.

Im wonderous on what it is we as a community are failing at that is shorting the time that members are in our servers?

People who were active alot are now gone. Its nice that we are still growing.. but at the same time i feel as if we are losing ppl who help out our community ( getting on forums & vent for hackers etc). due to new guys come in and give our dedicated members and regs a hard time with blocking,spamming etc .

As an admin though i want to deal with it.. there are somethings you kinda got to let ride.. because of the (admin abuse) deal most of us have delt with 10000000000001 times. i feel that admins should be allowed protect our members a little more.

In all realness.. especialy for our dedicated mambers who DO donate. who wants to come in and get harrassed by some outsider who has no real pull in our community.

just my .2

its fixxed as much as its going to get massa.

Edited by Boostfed, 20 November 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

I think I'll be the first to say learn to type, because your post makes no fucking sense at all and you have the brainpower of a child.

#17 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I think I'll be the first to say learn to type, because your post makes no f*cking sense at all and you have the brainpower of a child.

lmao, what, you didn't like boosts twenty cents on the subject?

#18 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

i agree completely with you boost, the only reason i haven't been coming in the servers is theres too many butt plugging r-tard spam wh*res. I might start pitching in some change from my pocket to help out with the servers. who knows maybe even become an admin :wtf: (Penguin admin O NO!)

#19 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

I can think of quie a few ppl that left due to the nooobism.

It sucks at times though i know some people dont give a f*ck.

If you play in a place as much as we do. you get to see what goes on and whats happening.

I like this community and i do recruit those who i see are worthy of having around.. sh*t i got 2 at once last night. boss|patriot and boss|kitty

#20 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:42 AM

I can think of quie a few ppl that left due to the nooobism.

It sucks at times though i know some people dont give a f*ck.

If you play in a place as much as we do. you get to see what goes on and whats happening.

I like this community and i do recruit those who i see are worthy of having around.. sh*t i got 2 at once last night. boss|patriot and boss|kitty

boosty, sometimes you totally miss the f*cking context of the conversation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users