13 replies to this topic

#1 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

Turns out there is a little problem delaying the 3.0 GHz version and some 2.4's seem to exhibit the same behavior...may want to wait a while before you jump on the AMD bandwagon...However I'm sure once this is all ironed out the processor will smoke anything in its level...

Broken Phenoms...

"The Translation Lookaside Buffer (TLB) errata is an L3 protocol issue causing a system hang when running certain client workload applications independent of platform. AMD is immediately introducing an updated BIOS which will correct the TLB errata".

This problem was found during speed-binning the B2 revision processors, and this was the cause for the Phenom FX 3.0 GHz delay. It turns out that some CPUs running at 2.4 GHz or above in some benchmarking combinations, while all four cores are running at 100% load, can cause a system freeze.

Edited by wondergod, 18 November 2007 - 08:36 PM.

#2 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

you realize thats why AMD pulled the 2.4ghz version

the lower ones aren't affected, and they said if you OC a 2.3 version for example, it only MIGHT experience issues at 3ghz for example

but its true, wait for the B3 revision

#3 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

Dont worry I wont hop on that for a long time to come

#4 Cap'n Stabbin

Cap'n Stabbin

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

It's going to take a long time for AMD to recover from this current intel beatdown. They can't seem to catch a break at all. Maybe in a couple years they'll get their act together and I'll be back with them.

#5 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

HardOCP had a brief article on the new Black Edition Phenoms, which are multiplier unlocked.

2.8-3ghz on air cooling.

They are DECENT, its made me consider them a little more, but I still think I'm going to get an ABIT IP35 Pro and a Q6600 from my Athlon X2 3800+ (Socket 939)

#6 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

It's going to take a long time for AMD to recover from this current intel beatdown. They can't seem to catch a break at all. Maybe in a couple years they'll get their act together and I'll be back with them.

I believe that this may be AMD's problem, once you hear something about another company everyone switches over to them, i am a loyal AMD guy, and even if they do screw up a bit, i will stick with AMD, they need my support, the more support they get, the faster they can be back on top. I dont give a sh*t how Intel People feel that there machine far superior to any AMD. I dont care about the benchmarks that say intel is faster, and i dont care how overclockable Intels are. Us AMD guys will be laughing at you intel guys if the Phenom is as great as its supposed to be.... Did u know that you could OC an AMD 6400+ to 3.7GHZ!!!

#7 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

I used to love amd, but not right now. I love this Core 2 Duo.. its far better than any amd cpu ive ever had. I find it runs much cooler than amd counterparts too....

#8 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

ya, the phenom benchs are in, it doesent seem all that impressive, but i think once they get there problems sorted, and they release a 3.0ghz dual core phenom i might try and pick one up....

#9 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

holy old thread resurrection batman

#10 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

when this thred was started phenom benches werent in, so its time.

#11 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

yo matt seriously if you are just trying to get your post count up your a f*cking fag, and you still won't get admin...

in addition resurrecting old threads will result in your posting privileges being removed.

#12 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

I dont want admin to clear things up, i dont want to deal with everything, and i happen to be into computers, and i am thinking of buying a phenom(if i had the money) and as for the others topics, they ARE intersing and i find that theres really not much movement on this site anymore because of ppl being afraid to post because of comments like that. And i posted on this topic even before it was dead... Also why is posting on dead fourms a bad thing? i wouldent want to start a new post on something thats the same topic as this. I am trying to be an active part of the community whats so wrong about that?

#13 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

blah blah blah you are being the fag part of this community...

#14 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

Thankyou for your opinon and thankyou for answering my questions above...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users