2 replies to this topic

#1 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:27 AM

Eastern Promises, starring Viggo Mortensen [Aragorn] and a bunch of other people no one has ever seen on the screen before. The general plot of the movie is that a 14 yo Russian prostitute in London died while giving birth to a daughter, and the midwife takes it on herself to figure out who the prostitute was and what to do with the baby. She then gets deeply mixed up in the Russian mob of underground London.
I liked the movie, but it had some flaws. Firstly, production values. I swear, this movie must have had a budget of like 100k, most of which went down into Viggo's pocket. It's not painfully bad, but you can tell it's not a Hollywood production (this has its upsides too though). Secondly, the plot was a little thin, I liked the charachter development, but there just wasn't enough of it.
The good things though, include solid acting (eventhough they were a nub crew), compelling charachters and realistic settings. Where it shined the most though, was in it's candid (read: nasty) depiction of organized crime [something you will never see in a Hollywood movie].
Oh and Viggo got to kick some Tchechnian ass! [I won't say more for fear of spoilers]

Verdict: :tup: / :wtf:

#2 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

I watched it last night, good movie. except for the steam room...wtf

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

I agree, everything except the steam room scene was cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users