• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JStaton

JStaton

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

Who else likes UFC and MMA in general around here other than me? Personally I can't wait for the PVP coming up..."supposed" to be the best of the year. Lets see if it comes up to its name..

Matt Hughes vs. George St. Pierre for welterweight interm title... I have my money on GSP

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlie Silva... Chuck looked horrible during his loss to Keith Jardine, both of these fighters are coming off back to back losses I believe, but I have seen some new training videos of Silva and he is who I am putting my money on. The winner is supposed to get a shot at the LHW title, which I think is BS because there are better contenders. The winner is rumored to be the opposing coach on the next TUF season again Jackson.

Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Sokoudjou... Machida is undefeated and supposedly the most sound and technical fighter in the LHW division, and Soko has had INCREDIBLE wins in his last two fights against Nog and Arona, which makes me really wonder about it. Has lyoto just been horribly untested thus far? Or is Soko just one of those BAM, couple lucky punchers and the hype has brought his rep higher than his skill? I dunno about this fight...

Rich Clementi Vs. Melvin Guillard... Personally I like Guillard in this fight, from what I have seen from Clementi he is a C+/B- fighter, and Guillard looked good against Stevenson in his last fight.

Sao Palelei Vs. Eddie Sanchez ... I checked sherdog website for info on Sao Palelei and he isn't even listed...So this is a random fight for me. No real input except Sanchez was a can they threw at Mirko Cro Cop when he fight came in who won his last fight.

EDIT...Sao is actually 8-1 so I am throwing him for the win, just because sanchez is a big chubb and i still really don't know anything about them.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Edited by JStaton, 06 December 2007 - 05:08 PM.

#2 E42

E42

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

I used to follow mma. Back when Tank Abbott and Ken Shamrock were actually good. As for Hughes and St. Pierre. Matt's getting old and I think he said in one of his comments this is going to be his last fight. If it goes to the gorund I have my money on Hughes. Liddel is also getting old, actually I think hes my age. And I can tell ya it hurts alot more to get hit than when I was 18. His last to fights were crap imo. I think he should take a break. But i'll still put my money on him. I'm unclear on the Machida and Sokoudjou fight. I'd bet on Machida, just because hes undefeated. Guillard has been doing good since the Ultimate Fighter. I don't believe i've seen Clementi fight before. So I would go to Guillard. And I think i'd go with Sanchez for the other. Overall I don't care who wins. As long as Chuck does :)

#3 WhiteyBlackman

WhiteyBlackman

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

Been keeping up with MMA for awhile, and it has become a passion of mine lately. Here are my predictions

Hughes vs GSP - If it stays standing same result as last time. If it goes to the ground goodnight GSP. I am a big Hughes fan but I think GSP's quickness is going to be a little too much for Hughes to handle again. This will probably go into the later rounds but I see GSP coming out on top again.

Liddell vs Silva - I am a huge Liddell fan but time is starting to show on him. Silva is too quick and powerful and I think will dominate Liddell. Liddell needs to land a huge lucky punch to win this one. Silva in two is what I am seeing here.

Machida vs Soko - I dont think Machida is anywhere near the technical abilities of Shogun but he is still good. I believe the heavy handed Soko will be able to pick him apart and knock him out or at least grind out a decision.

Guillard vs Clementi - Guillard wins this one easy. Clementi is a hell of a fighter but his age and fight count has started to take a toll on him.

Sao Palelei Vs. Eddie Sanchez - for this one i could care less. As long as they beat the hell out of each other I could care less hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users