• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eller

Eller

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

So I'm basically looking for someone who is good with php and mysql.

If you've ever played any of the Dragon Scourge games, I decided to work on my own on some spare time, like while i'm sitting at work with nothing to do or something. Just alittle project... nothing serious.

Problem is for the forums, I went with phpbb2. (Didn't like phpbb3 that much... and I know people are going to say phpbb sucks balls blah blah get something else if i'm going to use one... but oh well it's what I got). What I did was set up a portal to the forums that I will use as the entire home page for the site (including game). Is there anyone who is knowledgeable enough that can help me make it so that the game and the forum shares the same log in for the players. IE.. if they log into the portal because it's the first screen to come up, they can click ont he game link and go right in without having to go the log in page for it. (Or if they are in game they can click on the forum link and go straight to the forums without having to log in again). I figure this means I'll have to change my forum's cookies to the same as the game... but I don't think that will be very hard at all.

If you need to take a look at it, its at The Game links!!!!!!! rawr.

hit me up on here, or msn if you could help me

Or if you want to play it, there's the link. A few of my buddies play it while they are in class or at work... just something on the side and cusual.

Thanks for the help in advance, it's appreciated.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

hm, Ask on the phpbb forums for how to integrate the usernames. I dislike phpBB so I really don't fuck with their configuration much.

#3 Eller

Eller

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

I don't think it'll be that hard to just make it check the user's table for the game's database instead of the forum database... but I wanted to see if anyone had anye xperience with this...

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

if they use different setups for storing the usernames and passwords of people in the database it will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users