46 replies to this topic

#1 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:07 AM

I've just been told I'm getting an xbox 360 for my birthday. Any essential games for it?

Top picks right now are:
Kameo
Hitman:bloodmoney (played the others on xbox so I can't imagine playing this on PC even though patches are usually easier)
Perfect Dark Zero (heard it isn't very good, but I was sooo obsessed with the original)
Maybe PGR3

Plusses are coop story mode and 2+ players on live (from one box)

#2 Kru-Shanka

Kru-Shanka

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

The original for perfect dark was good, the new one however i thought was horrible... i wouldnt recomend it. Get call of duty 2 instead ! that game is amazing!!

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

PGR 3 is a must, still my favorite game on the system.

GRAW is awesome, but if your not into the slow pase shooters, then pass.

#4 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:44 PM

The original for perfect dark was good, the new one however i thought was horrible... i wouldnt recomend it. Get call of duty 2 instead ! that game is amazing!!

I've thought about COD2 a lot. I played it on PC (and thought it was quite fun!) and would still consider it, but no coop is a frowner..

PGR 3 is a must, still my favorite game on the system.

GRAW is awesome, but if your not into the slow pase shooters, then pass.

What do you mean by slow pace? Like Deus Ex (sneaking), or Splinter Cell (I refuse to call it anything more htan a shooting puzzle game..)?

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

Slow paced, as in you move to a cover to cover, looking for enemies, sending your guys forward to scout, using the map to send your squad and URV forward. You can take 3 hits till your dead, so you can't run and gun.

But if that doesn't bother you, then it's a great game, beautiful and challenging. And multiplayer over live is decent.

#6 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

PGR3, def.
CoD2 def.
Hitman Blood Money, def.
Wait for thegame Dead Rising too. It is going to be amazing.Biggestand baddest zombie slasher ever.

#7 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

Well If you dont have Oblivion for your PC then get it for your xbox360, MAKE SURE TO GET XBOX LIVE, if you do BF2:MC is awesoem online, same with table tennis, that game is so addicting, GRAW is fun online, but takes a while to find a game...and there are a lot of awesome games coming out this christmas...Gears of War, Dead Rising,etc....

#8 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Actually, dead rising is coming out in August. Any way, if your computer isn't great, also look for Huxley. MMOFPS which merges gameplay with PC, PS3, and the 360. Should be pretty cool.

#9 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

Well besides Dead Rising. The game I can't wait for is Forza 2. *drools* I loved the first one. So realistic, it was great.

#10 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

Well besides Dead Rising. The game I can't wait for is Forza 2. *drools* I loved the first one. So realistic, it was great.

Hellz yea. That game is going to be badass. And I read a thing about integrating mobile devices with it too. Like you can change the details about your cars on your mobile phone and upload it into your game when you get home. The only thing I didn't like about the game is the lack of sliding. I wish it had more of a PGR3 feel to sliding.
But the diversity of cars along with the customization is awesome.

#11 HellsAssassin

HellsAssassin

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

If you don't like games that you can beat in 5 hours I would not recommend Hitman:Blood Money because I beat it in about 5 hours and 17 minutes.

#12 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

If you don't like games that you can beat in 5 hours I would not recommend Hitman:Blood Money because I beat it in about 5 hours and 17 minutes.

SA on all levels in 5 hours?

#13 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

Doubt it. I tried to get SA on easy and it took me 45 min+ each level.

Plus, it is fun. You can't beat getting the health and weapon upgrades then going back to a level you have already memorized (vineyard level) and just blasting the sh*t out of it with the silver ballers and upgraded smg and m4. :tup:

#14 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

Btw, here is the xbox profile for Dead Rising. Here, b*tch.
Even though you said something about multiplayer...yea, this doesn't have any. But it is one of those games where on a Saturday night all of your friends are working and you just had 3 units of your favorite energy drink. OR you are home from school sick/suspended/expelled and are really bored.

I read a report that the 360 was the only console that could handle how many zombies are going to be in one area at the same time. And being able to use anything you can pick up as a weapon, this could make the best zombie shooter/slasher IMO.

#15 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

DEAD RISING FTW

#16 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

Dead Rising = 1000 zombies on screen.

I love zombie games, movies, and books so this is a must get for me.

#17 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

Dead Rising = 1000 zombies on screen.

I love zombie games, movies, and books so this is a must get for me.

Same here, why do you think I am so excited! I remember seeing an old preview of a collaboration of 360 games that were going to come out. They had things like CoD2 and PGR3, along with the...something city killer. (That got cancelled) But as soon as I saw the guy standing on top of a car with hundreds of zombies all around him with him just taking potshots (followed by a sequence of him rolling a bowling ball into a crowd of zombies) I knew I had to have it!

Any way, I hope you do get one. And with that, welcome to the 360 family. For you and any one else with xbox live, my name is Outside Smoker. I am not on very often, but I'll accept any friend requests I recieve.

#18 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

My xbl name is CaptJohn23 (NO DOT BETWEEN T AND J) I am only on on weekends, so any request sent to me wont be answered till then

#19 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, I'm mostly just on when friends are over. But I'm named Ezakull (Thank Gaara for that one.) I just changed my name, it was Knife Prty. But I was tired of the XBL retards making stupid comments about the name.

#20 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:14 PM

I've just been told I'm getting an xbox 360 for my birthday. Any essential games for it?

Top picks right now are:
Kameo
Hitman:bloodmoney (played the others on xbox so I can't imagine playing this on PC even though patches are usually easier)
Perfect Dark Zero (heard it isn't very good, but I was sooo obsessed with the original)
Maybe PGR3
Plusses are coop story mode and 2+ players on live (from one box)

wow you are a confused boy...... all you need right now is

1. burnout revenge
2. ghost recon+expansion pack (def get this one if you only get 1 game)
3. oblivion
4. Fight night rd 3
5. PREY- commin out july 10!!!!! gonna be sick!!!! :tup:
forget kameo (for 5 yr olds), PGR 3 (burnout is better), perfect dark (PREY+ghost recon are WAAAAAY better), and bloodmoney (again recon is better + online for GRAW is currently the best by far for live).

dont listen to these guys, they are confused. my live name is YouWereKilled69

you are welcome. :tup:

Edited by youwerekilled, 28 June 2006 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users