65 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:44 PM

Post all the issues you find that are of Serious issue to the community, Please be very descriptive and dont spam this topic with bullsh*t, Gaara :cool:

#2 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:48 PM

My main one is people being assholes towards one another. Flaming and such.

Ok gotta go fix a comp now.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 August 2006 - 03:48 PM.

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Good Point Capri.

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

Too much drama, people pointing fingers... that kind of sh*t.

#5 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

Too much drama, pointing fingers and such.

agreed..........also the fact that some people take sh*t way too seriously when this whole community is meant for people to enjoy............ :kill:

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

yeah, just bickering in General needs to be toned down, on EVERYONES end.

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

Oh and another thing... The Ban Hammer is fun, but please don't be so quick in using it. Think the situation over before you drop it, because it causes drama and confusion. This goes for all admins and gods.

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

I think EVERYONE needs to stop all the drama, not just Shadow, EVERYONE. Bitter feelings start because either people that know whats happening start sh*t and then a bunch of people that dont know comment, or people that dont know the situation start sh*t. Simply put, don't stir up trouble based on assumptions. We all have seen the epic battle threads that are mainly because people keep posting stuff that isn't even related or the truth.

This is another people leave the community because people get angry and pissed off at situations that could be avoided. Like people have said in the past if you have a good comment about something then say it, otherwise keep the sh*t in pms or personal confrontations, because a lot of the time its personal confrontations that gets everyone pissed at each other.

That is my rant of the day, peace.

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 05 August 2006 - 04:12 PM.

#9 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

^^^ yeah I would agree with the banning thing.

I mean there are times when I really want to just perma-ban someone for being an ass but I hold back. I have only perma-banned one person and he was a speed-hax without a doubt. That would be my thing. Unless you are absolutly postive that he is a hax a perma-ban really shouldnt be used and banning them for a day or two should be enough to prove the point.

Like one time in the sever someone was mix spamming and I banned him for a day, then I came back in the next day and had to ban him for 3 days for the same thing. I saw him a week later and didn't hear a peep out of him (and he wasn't muted :21: ). That's my only thing.

Edited by Cleric, 05 August 2006 - 07:40 PM.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

We need to get our servers full again. One step in doing so would be to take it a little easy on the admin powers for awhile. Slapping and f*cking around with people makes them not want to play here anymore and I cant blame them..... If a player is being a dick obviously take action, but if not take it easy. This mostly goes out to a few of the younger noobie admins but you know what I'm sayin.

I think we also could use more new members. I thought it was a great idea of SHadows to have a "invite a friend day." Now of course I do not have any friends, but those that do know a coupla quality folks, definetly invite em to check us out. :1:

Just sucks that the IPs changed cuz our Gun Game server was gettin really popular. I like gun game myself in case you guys didnt already know. :20:

As far as flaming goes: We all know who we can f*ck around with and whose going to be pissed by certain comments. So instead of provoking something, take one for the team and try and AVIOD drama. Dont "poke the bear." Almost everyone here I can call a f*ckin idiot noobie douschebag and will not give a flying f*ck. However certain people irrate other people. If this is the case please do us all a favor and dont start sh*t.

Other than our servers not being as full as Id like em, Id say we are doin pretty well. :tup:

#11 big gunner

big gunner

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

i was banned without warning, without a situation being handled, and then bashed for untrue sh*t. shadow gets bashed about things he says isnt true. i say sh*t isnt true and people call me opinionated and emo. thats great and all, but i never post sh*t thats not an article or in the intro section so theres plenty of neglegence and brief thought going toward most opportune moments to clear a simple girly fit that goes on.

anyways, at the way its going i can see this community going downhill as well. not going to name names, but therse been so much talk behind others backs to the point anyone whos not paying (me) gets banned.

-Corona Light :evilgrin:

(i would appreciate being able to continue playing on the servers, i think everyone can agree whether or not i remain banned from the forums, that i havnt given anyone sh*t or a problem on the servers. i would like to think i didnt give sh*t on the forums, but as for the servers, nothing more than any other random player of the 1500 people that play each month.)

#12 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

Banning or flaming one because they are French or French-Canadians. I'm sorry, but it really pisses me off. It's not right to ban someone because of their backgrounds.

And good on you Shadow.

Edited by Sgt. Bojo, 05 August 2006 - 04:34 PM.

#13 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

^^^^ Was wondering when someone was gonna bring up the french thing. LOL

Derek we have been trying to keep everthing civilized between NSG and BoSS. When you went in to that one topic and said that all nsg should be banned, you really pissed some people off. Especially the people on both sides that were trying to get sh*t worked out. Now I know that you were just siding with shadow and boss, but it just pissed people off. You thought you were doing the right thing I guess. I personally think that you shouldn't have been banned. I think your a cool guy and you need to work this sh*t out with the people you are pissed at and the people that are pissed at you. Billy may have been to harsh with the banning for 900 million years or whatever. LOL.

But yeah, like shlonky said. If you don't really like someone and have talked to them about it with no success. Then just hold back the banning or the flaming. Because there are people here that do like that person and would like to see them stay..0

Edit: The guy wasn't home and I am not going out of town. So lets get this sh*t straigtened out. Don't hold back people. Post whatever is on your mind. We need to get alot of this fixed.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 August 2006 - 04:39 PM.

#14 big gunner

big gunner

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

yes i dont think nsg should be banned. i did then, but ive worked it out on my own on that fact. i was tired of getting sh*t. people scripting and spamming in the servers. if it was any other group besides nsg, that was full of boss members, they would have been banned for that. i was hearing 2 sides to it over xfire and then sh*t talking behind my back for sh*t that never happened. wouldnt you be pissed? im willnig to talk to people, but i guess i dont get the privaledge that monster had.

#15 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

In regards to the perma ban thing I wonder if all perma bans should be directly reported to shadow or a god immediately at the time of the ban through a PM. That way the gods know the situation before someone comes whining on the server about what happened. It also means a little extra work, but it would cut down on all the out of control unban requests.

Also these "the community is going to sh*t" threads need to stop. If ppl don't like something I think they should work it out with the powers that be via PM. IMO all such threads should be deleted as quickly as they are posted.

Edited by poopsmcgee, 05 August 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#16 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

^^^^ Well now that we have this, I agree with you on that one. If you have a problem with the boss community as a whole, it should be posted and discussed in here. If you have a problem with an individual person, it should be dealt with through pm.

#17 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

yes i dont think nsg should be banned. i did then, but ive worked it out on my own on that fact. i was tired of getting sh*t. people scripting and spamming in the servers. if it was any other group besides nsg, that was full of boss members, they would have been banned for that. i was hearing 2 sides to it over xfire and then sh*t talking behind my back for sh*t that never happened. wouldnt you be pissed? im willnig to talk to people, but i guess i dont get the privaledge that monster had.

Well heres the deal Derek, and please dont take this as flaming you like you tend to I'm just trying to communicate.

You had things all wrong between NsG and BoSS. Our goal was never to bring down BoSS and we never plotted to in any way. I got in the BoSS vent more than you when I was in NsG and you frankly just didnt understand the situation. We would get angry at things you wouldn't even see or hear of and you would just see the retaliations. We are trying to keep things normal.

I even tried working things out with you because I had no idea you hated me so much over a thread where I disagreed with you, but you just intern bashed the sh*t out me telling me how I had no place here. Its sh*t like that that I was referring to in my previous post..if people don't know situations and comment on them it just stirs up unnecessary bullsh*t.

#18 big gunner

big gunner

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

i appologize to any name calling, but i had a right to. too much negative opinions coming from all directions. i was telling a story in that thread, not begging for help. not sure why it resulted in how it did. i dont want to hijack this thread...but another thing would be

editing other members posts to things such as "i suck dick" or something like that. that makes people not want to post. right?

#19 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

You know what really grinds my gears.HEHE. Forum moderators closing topics that they they don't personally like. Now I haven't really seen this done in a while, but there was one point in time when it happened like 5 times a day. Most of the topics were just funny spam. But people were having fun in them. If you don't like them, just don't look.

#20 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

I see no reason why should think you're getting banned Crab. That incident with Mad Hatter was unfortunate, but something to laugh about, not something to get banned over.
As for being the 'community leader' of NsG, it came as a complete surprise to me and others, I still don't get it. But BoSS has made peace with NsG, and that's how it should be. It was just Derek's uninformed ranting that brought it up again, that issue should be dead. He was, and is, out of the loop.
If we are going to survive as a community, drama must stop. And dedicated people, like Crab Battle, must stay. BoSS is not a prison, but sacrifices must be made to make it all come together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users