What happened with Mad hatter?

#22 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

You guys don't have to leave. We can just get this sh*t straightened out.

#23 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:30 PM

Crab: Thats for shadow to decide I guess. But I doubt it.

On that note, just because someone joins NSG it doesn't mean they are leaving boss. I plan on staying in both. NSG offers some things that boss doesn't offer, and boss offers some things that nsg doesn't.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 August 2006 - 08:47 PM.

#24 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

So some of the main things are:

People flaming each other and not respecting each other

People being assholes towards other people they may not like

unjust bannings from servers and forums

Realizing people can join other communities and clans and still be active in boss

Thinking about swinging the ban hammer before you actually swing

Slaying people for stupid reasons in-game. Yeah its fun to f*ck around when its just a bunch of boss members, but not in a nearly packed server.

Lastly, just being nicer to one another

Joking around is not considered being an asshole unless the other person doesn't like it. I joke around and have fun all the time. But flaming and acting like a general asshole torwards other members in uncalled for.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 August 2006 - 09:45 PM.

#25 big gunner

big gunner

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

I see no reason why should think you're getting banned Crab. That incident with Mad Hatter was unfortunate, but something to laugh about, not something to get banned over.
As for being the 'community leader' of NsG, it came as a complete surprise to me and others, I still don't get it. But BoSS has made peace with NsG, and that's how it should be. It was just Derek's uninformed ranting that brought it up again, that issue should be dead. He was, and is, out of the loop.
If we are going to survive as a community, drama must stop. And dedicated people, like Crab Battle, must stay. BoSS is not a prison, but sacrifices must be made to make it all come together.

it wasnt uniformed ranting, as a god, you should read posts carefully so that you may take into account their actual interpretation. if you read correctly, i actually appologized to deathblooms for what you call an issue. edit- if you werent talking about today, then yes, you are correct. i came home from work late after that drama all happened. i didnt even look at the dates until shadow told me that on aim. i was wrong on my part but i had a sh*tload of pm's bashing me for sh*t that never happened while i was at work.

edit- i think this community has come a long way actually. i like the new sticky's that shadow has set in every forum. i also like the new page you get when you first register that tells of all the rules. everything has been outlined to create a perfect community, its just the people. i would like to appologize for any name calling, in that that is not the type of person i am. i like pointing out facts rather than exagerated rambles for attention. with that being said, i would like to see a system for banning and unbanning. in that this is a gaming community not a court room. not everyone should have the power of playing judge.

i would like to personally talk to deathblooms and billy over pm, if you two could pm me after reading this. ill keep this page up bc ill be up late before leaving for the week to the beach.

Edited by big gunner, 05 August 2006 - 09:52 PM.

#26 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Derek, I think he was talking about your ranting about nsg should be banned. I don't think he was talking about your posts today.

If we are going to survive as a community, drama must stop. And dedicated people, like Crab Battle, must stay. BoSS is not a prison, but sacrifices must be made to make it all come together.

Thats the problem. Dedicated members are getting pissed off and leaving because of the very sh*t we are discussing in this thread.

Imho Derek should be unbanned. Yes he did make an uniformed rant. But he apologized for it. So you guys really need to put that sh*t behind you.

#27 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

yea you people need to f*ckin relax and think a little before saing some sh*t. Its ok to kid around people you knwo well, but tone it down when its with people you dont. You just seem like drama queens. I have to much goin on in my life to have to worry about some random flaming, I dont want no drama. People sometimes just seen to want to piss me off, but f*ck, I dont really give a sh*t what you say, to me most of you are just a couple of pixels on the screen, how am i gona get mad at that. Threw my life i created of thick f*ckin layer of skin, Your sh*t isnt gona affect me much....but most people will be affected, and leave.

But, Ofcourse i do want to get to know some of you better, i just bouthg a headset. Sadly cause of my job i can only play during the middle of the day or really late night(at that time i dont remember much). so yea that about all i can say for now...ill just go play in the servers.

#28 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

it wasnt uniformed ranting, as a god, you should read posts carefully so that you may take into account their actual interpretation. if you read correctly, i actually appologized to deathblooms for what you call an issue. edit- if you werent talking about today, then yes, you are correct. i came home from work late after that drama all happened. i didnt even look at the dates until shadow told me that on aim. i was wrong on my part but i had a sh*tload of pm's bashing me for sh*t that never happened while i was at work.

edit- i think this community has come a long way actually. i like the new sticky's that shadow has set in every forum. i also like the new page you get when you first register that tells of all the rules. everything has been outlined to create a perfect community, its just the people. i would like to appologize for any name calling, in that that is not the type of person i am. i like pointing out facts rather than exagerated rambles for attention. with that being said, i would like to see a system for banning and unbanning. in that this is a gaming community not a court room. not everyone should have the power of playing judge.

i would like to personally talk to deathblooms and billy over pm, if you two could pm me after reading this. ill keep this page up bc ill be up late before leaving for the week to the beach.

i cant wait till billy reads this.

#29 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:32 PM

I agree with pretty much every single post Capri has written. In my time here, I have had a LOT of fun here with BoSS! When I'm on Vent with you guys it's an absolute blast, even when I'm having a bad day in CS, and getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter, but Capri is right. If someone is joking with someone else either in game or on vent, and the person being teased isn't in a teasing mood, lay off them. If they laugh or joke back with each other, then I think it's fine, it shows both people are kidding around and joking and they both know that. And I know we have our favorites to pick on and have fun with, but I think after a while, even when people are joking with them, it gets old, like Haven said. If we are gonna have fun with people and joke around, make everybody a target, not the same people over and over again.

I'm guilty of that myself though. I've made a lot of posts here or comments in-game joking around with Gaara. He seems to take it pretty well from everyone in the community and if he enjoys it, then we can keep doing it, but if he says, "Hey guys, I know you're joking, but it's getting old." then back off. I can't ever see Gaara saying that, but it was an example.

Other than that, though, I think BoSS is doing excellent. The BoSS and NsG incident is over, and everyone is having a good time, it seems. I think the servers could be a little more active, but I'm sure they will over time, I mean the IP's just changed, so people are going to have to find them again and play on them. I also don't think our old school members should leave, or be scared of being banned unless they were completely out of line and have it coming to them. I also agree that we need to cut the drama and if people have problems, work them out. Anyways thats my $.02. :perk:

#30 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:00 AM

Lol im not going to ban you, your just being emo like Derek, seems downright Childish to me.

I think anyone can agree with that, the only reason you joined NsG was because you felt *shunned* from your demotion because you f*cked with somebody who didn't wanna get f*cked with, yet still bring it up like a Rape victim in a police station, just let the issue go and stop thinking we still hate you about it, mad dropped the issue, I could care less, why can't you?

Im in no way pissed at you, I just think you started acting really odd after that little issue, and theres really no reason for it.

Lets just put that behind us.

#31 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

Derek, I have nothing personal against you. I was indeed refering to the BoSS vs. NsG topic, as of late you have done nothing wrong. But talking to Billy and Deathblooms on vent makes me mighty sceptical about an unban. If you can make peace with them, we should have no problems at all.

#32 big gunner

big gunner

Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

i'd like to make peace whether i get an unban or not. ive read how many unban sections in my time here? and id like it if the name calling would stop. either way i hope to keep playing on the servers.

#33 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hmm. It was so peaceful for the last 4 weeks. Must be some cyclical thing. Oh well, hope you all can get this this hammered out. Good luck.

C

#34 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

i cant wait till billy reads this.

when i get home tonight and im not on this laptop i will figure this sh*t out. :hate:

#35 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:59 AM

I have an issue which I think needs attention/ I don't play much but everytime I have been getting on there is another admin on that keeps spamming weapons. Now this is being done by new and older admins. First off it lags the server and second I don't think its right.

Also I am still seeing disrespect from members and admins alike to fellow members. the disrespect is what really keeps me away from playing when I have my days off. And it is the main reason why I am not on vent. I don't want to deal with the childish BS. I am not married to or f*cking anyone of yous so I don't have to put up listening to bullsh*t.

Basically (for me) BoSS has become more of a chore to play on the servers than fun. I have been playing on other servers just to get away from the BS. I say on average I play BoSS servers about an hour the most a day because an adminis spaming weapons or just straight out disrespect from BoSS players drives me off the server.

well that is my 2cents

oh and to add to the disrespect theme here I don't like being disrespected from another admin through "@" chat so the whole server sees you disrespecting me.

Edited by Nagash, 06 August 2006 - 11:08 AM.

#36 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:05 PM

Also, in my opinion, the gun game server became less popular not just because of the ip change, but also because alot of admins just spawn themselves nades on their nade untill they kill someone with a nade, which is just not fair at all to all of the other players and they have almost no chance to win, which makes it less fun.

#37 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

I agree there, too. Either give everybody on 'nade round 'nades, or don't give anyone 'nades on their 'nade round.

#38 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Yeah the nades thing really pisses me off too.

#39 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:04 PM

Yeah the nades thing really pisses me off too.

ME TO

#40 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:53 PM

Banning or flaming one because they are French or French-Canadians. I'm sorry, but it really pisses me off. It's not right to ban someone because of their backgrounds.

And good on you Shadow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users