36 replies to this topic

#21 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

f*ck you and your sh*tty American cars. Sure the Viper is a fast car, but once it hits the first corner, expect any Jap. or Euro import to fly right by. I'm not talking to you personally.

600 BHP Vs. A 300 BHP Tokyo tuner (2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR)

I wounder whos gonna win?

#22 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

It's not all about the amount of horses you have under your hood. The Aerial Atom (not sure if you've heard of it) has 300 less than your Viper, yet I'm sure it would win.

Other than that, ya got me.

Also, that's about $80K vs. $30K

Edited by MainEvent, 23 May 2008 - 04:39 AM.

#23 Lone Rapist

Lone Rapist

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

pure hp dont mean sh*t unless your drag racing.

an evo would beat a viper on the track any day.

#24 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

American cars are fucking horrible at handling turns.

#25 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

Gas Price here 3.92

Car? f*ck that

Sports bikes all the way now =D

saw one that has 55 MPG w00t

Edited by Raccoon00, 23 May 2008 - 12:38 PM.

#26 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Porsche 911 GT3

Citreon C2 GT

Audi S3

yes please.

#27 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

American cars are f*cking horrible at handling turns.

Though the big companies are starting to get the hang of it... I saw some Mustang prototype review that was supposed to be a lot better.

Porsche 911 GT3

Citreon C2 GT

Audi S3

yes please.

Throw the Vanquish in there too.

#28 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

if you look at the american "super" cars, theres really not many, theres the ford GT, the GTX-1, corvette ZO7 (which can take a viper) Theres the mustang Rouche, saleen s7, all of which are pretty dam good at handling, I am not saying that they are better than exotics sports cars, probably not but not bad at all.

#29 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

if you look at the american "super" cars, theres really not many, theres the ford GT, the GTX-1, corvette ZO7 (which can take a viper) Theres the mustang Rouche, saleen s7, all of which are pretty dam good at handling, I am not saying that they are better than exotics sports cars, probably not but not bad at all.

Yeah I agree, but super cars are on whole new level, and the States have come out w/ some real top-of-the-line super cars like the ones you mentioned. But the more practical, fast U.S. cars (Viper, Charger, etc.) just don't really live up to the standard in my opinion.

Sorry, not "up to the standard" I mean, they are not on on-par with the European/Jap cars.

Edited by MainEvent, 23 May 2008 - 05:21 PM.

#30 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

03 Mustang GT

Bring it Chris. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Posted Image

f*ck that, doesn't hold a candle to my '98 Ford Windstar complete with power windows and 194,000 miles.

#31 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

^^
Never said i wanted it too

#32 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Yeah I agree, but super cars are on whole new level, and the States have come out w/ some real top-of-the-line super cars like the ones you mentioned. But the more practical, fast U.S. cars (Viper, Charger, etc.) just don't really live up to the standard in my opinion.

Sorry, not "up to the standard" I mean, they are not on on-par with the European/Jap cars.

ya, i never really thought of cars like the mustang gt as a "sports car", thats how the insurance categorizes it to make you pay more. I find it to be a "pony car" Still quick like hell though, parents have an 02' V6 Mustang.
and the charger, G.T.O, 300, Magnum i find to be more "muscle cars", because no they cant keep up with the highly modifiable jap "sports cars" such as the trueno, and skyline.

When i think of american "sports" i think of the corvette, viper, and the special edition mustangs such as the rouche and saleen mustangs, which are not really sports cars(except viper) and not quite super cars like zonda's, lambo's, and Ferrari's. But the viper is more like an everyday super car. hahaha, if that makes sense.

Edited by matthew0155, 23 May 2008 - 10:47 PM.

#33 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

ya, i never really thought of cars like the mustang gt as a "sports car", thats how the insurance categorizes it to make you pay more. I find it to be a "pony car" Still quick like hell though, parents have an 02' V6 Mustang.
and the charger, G.T.O, 300, Magnum i find to be more "muscle cars", because no they cant keep up with the highly modifiable jap "sports cars" such as the trueno, and skyline.

When i think of american "sports" i think of the corvette, viper, and the special edition mustangs such as the rouche and saleen mustangs, which are not really sports cars(except viper) and not quite super cars like zonda's, lambo's, and Ferrari's. But the viper is more like an everyday super car. hahaha, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It would be more practical to drive to work in a Viper than a Lambo Countach! But, I think they (I dunno who "they" are) consider a Corvette to actually be a supercar. The Corvette is a hell of a car (in a good way), but for some reason, the American manufacturers don't want to, or can't replicate it. My dad has a Dodge Charger Daytona '08 w/ a Hemi. It has some kick about it, and could beat a lot of cars on the straight, but in the feel of the drive, it's lacking the "oomph" that a Audi, Holden, or Mazda RX brings.

I'm sure there are some small companies in the States who are making very quick cars, but they have yet to come into the mainstream.

#34 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

i think "they" are like car and driver.
i dont consider the vette to be a super car. More of just a sports car. American cars have always been for the strip, and so it should stay. Also dont get me started on countach, love that car, even though the rear window is like 3 inches big and totally useless, but like i always say, who cares whats behind you(when driving a fast car).
I feel like posting this, here is a pic of a ferrari 360i saw yesterday.
Posted Image

Edited by matthew0155, 25 May 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#35 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:34 AM

Silverstone

McLaren:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ferrari Enzo:

Posted Image

I was very lucky to see this cars. Beautiful.

I'll have to post pics of my 944 I guess.

#36 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

ive seen alot of exotics at carshows and stuff, but i was never able to really get upclose and personal with the car like i was with that ferrari, like he opened the hood and stuff for me to take pics, i should have taken a pic of the trunk. sh*t... next time.
Ive never seen a mclaren, i would love to see one, im not sure if ive seen an enzo, i think so at a carshow if anything.

#37 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, the McLaren was pulling in right when we were too. It sounds as good as it looks. It was privately owned and wasn't even at Silverstone for show, but the guy let me take some pics and sh*t.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users