29 replies to this topic

#21 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

So what is your objecctive by opening this thread?
Mute, Kick, Ban people that use racial slurs? Even if just in jest?

Most people are not using racial slurs to be literal and hatefull most of the time.
Like when Wonder calls me the pot smoking !@#$%^& from the bahamas, i never take him seriouly and let him hurt my feelings.
In the end he is still my friend and i know the dirty rafter doesent mean it.

#22 Unleashed

Unleashed

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

Most people are not using racial slurs to be literal and hatefull most of the time.
Like when Wonder calls me the pot smoking !@#$%^& from the bahamas, i never take him seriouly and let him hurt my feelings.
In the end he is still my friend and i know the dirty rafter doesent mean it.

That made me lol

#23 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

This thread has more drama than a 24 /hr marathon of law and order.

#24 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

If you meant to imply that I let people f*ck with me irl, then you should talk to the people that know me irl.

Well thats good, I don't like f*cking someone and not have them push back. Takes all the fun out of it. Date rape drugs are so last year, handcuffs and a bit of chloroform and it's sexy hand party time!!!! :weee:

#25 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

LMAO Scroll :tup:

#26 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

My objective? To rant about something that was pissing me off the other night. Just voicing my frustration with the color commentary on the server. The reason for the frustration stemmed largely from the player that asked for the comments to stop and was answered by the admins with the complete opposite.

My objective was to let the members responsible know that I think they are being ridiculous and quite frankly sound like a group of ignorant idiots. I know that they don't care, but I'm going to voice my opinion anyways.

I'm not dumb/naive enough to think that anything will come of this thread, which is why it is a rant. I'm actually surprised about the uproar telling me to just f*cking deal since I really didn't ask for any action to be taken other than maybe people should relax a little. No requests for bans, kicks, mutes, or anything, I've just been venting.

#27 dazed & confused

dazed & confused

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

First off, I disagree with your first point of people not showing their true selves on the internet. The ambiguity of the internet allows people to say whatever the hell is on their minds without any repercussions. As a result, while you will not find out perhaps the personal sh*t about someone's life, you tend to get a feeling of their true personality, more raw than irl because they have no fear of the people they are talking to and feel no responsibility for the conversation.

Secondly, if you are looking for laughs, make a joke. Saying 'n*gger n*gger n*gger' over and over and over again does not constitute humor.

Thirdly, the part you have played in why I posted this rant, combined with the inept sentence structure of the lecture you gave me above lead me to believe that you are either retarded or type without proof reading. For example: "If anyone takes the use of that word, especially when in such a sequence, god help them."
Is a meaningless sentence. I think you meant to put a 'seriously' in there somewhere.

Fourth, although you are an admin, your posting history/activity makes me not consider your lecturing seriously.

Finally and honestly, I ignore the sh*t that is said in the in-game text. It's when asshole admins like you type it in and it flashes across the middle of my screen that it starts to get on my nerves.

First part is sort of valid, I will admit.

Second part I will skip because it is not arguable.

Third part: There you go again with the word retarded. You seem to throw that around a lot. Interestingly enough, it is not that I'm "retarded." I'm simply lazy, and type things quickly while attempting to capitalize and punctuate at the same time so my posts could befit your intelligence. I peruse my posts. I posted something relatively long last time, so I didn't catch the lack of one word. However, I guess I'm retarded. Sorry then.

Fourth part: You're right, I guess a numerical value that symbolizes how much you bother to talk to people about on a forum does dictate the legitimacy of one's post.

#28 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

I kinda see what you're trying to say, but you went about it the wrong way.

the admin's shouldn't encourage or instigate issues on the servers, as that tends to be somewhat problematic, I don't think it has anything to do with language or racism at all, but I can't help but feel that personal attacks from admins to players has to stop.

and stop getting butthurt about words on the internet, anti-hippie.

#29 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

I was just venting.

This is my last post on the thread.

#30 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

nigga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users