#1 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

http://i.gizmodo.com...s-well-as-a-mac

Wow, some of the most ignorant out of the ass shit I've ever seen on a News Network.

So many damn inaccuracies and ignorance it makes me sick.

Goldman need a nice pink slip and a Mac Book to the back of the head.

#2 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

lawl

#3 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

Macfags dissapoint me. They think that their computer is superior because they spent more money on it.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

when its the same hardware as a PC now as well, fucking morons.

#5 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Dont blame Macs, blame the stupid as sh*t media.

How about CBS that had the pacific ocean marked as the atlantic? FAIL

Macfags dissapoint me. They think that their computer is superior because they spent more money on it.

Ohh my computer is better than yours. Thanks

Dave

#6 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

Truth

Posted Image

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

Lol "Mac's tend to break down less", "faster chip", rofl.

also, clearly these cuntrags never heard of open source, 50/year for norton rofl.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

Dont blame Macs, blame the stupid as sh*t media.

How about CBS that had the pacific ocean marked as the atlantic? FAIL

Ohh my computer is better than yours. Thanks

Dave

I don't blame Macs. I just hate how the status quo is with 'em. The only difference between a Mac and a PC is software, support, and case design. Yet somehow this magically makes them invulnerable to ALL viruses, gives you faster CPUs, and 4x the battery life? WTF.

I'd stop hating on Macs if they would just drop this bullshit already. The whole war is stupid as is. It's amazing how retarded Apple can get to even compare an OS to their PC/OS company.

The worst part is because of this media bullshit, people that don't know shit about computers buy a Mac fully believing this shit. It's nearing a point where Mac owners are going to be the Christians of the technology era. Blinded by bullshit, and thinking their better then others.

#9 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

I don't blame Macs. I just hate how the status quo is with 'em. The only difference between a Mac and a PC is software, support, and case design. Yet somehow this magically makes them invulnerable to ALL viruses, gives you faster CPUs, and 4x the battery life? WTF.

I'd stop hating on Macs if they would just drop this bullsh*t already. The whole war is stupid as is. It's amazing how retarded Apple can get to even compare an OS to their PC/OS company.

The worst part is because of this media bullsh*t, people that don't know sh*t about computers buy a Mac fully believing this sh*t. It's nearing a point where Mac owners are going to be the Christians of the technology era. Blinded by bullsh*t, and thinking their better then others.

To be honest that's why Mac's advertise that way. It's not like they don't know what's inside a Mac and PC. They advertise for dumb c*nts who don't know how to keep there computers safe from viruses so they buy a Mac hoping that they won't get them. It's just meant for faggots who don't know about simplistic computer software like Firefox, so they would rather buy a computer tailored for almost all liberal c*nts.

#10 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

The advertising isnt for us. For general users (the majority) the advertising works and is true. There arent viruses for OSX, so no need to worry about it. UNIX is generally a bit safer against it anyway...

What the majority pays for is amazing art design (case etc), included software, lack of viruses and that it "just works".

Besides the Mac Pro (workstation, nothing the people here use) you pay more for this. Most of the time the hardware is the same for any Windows based machines. (Apple sometimes gets hardware before it is released to other resellers)

I can only give you my reasons for switching. The power of the Mac Pro is over the top. It cost less than other manufacturers, was the same price or less than buying the hardware separately. I have ALWAYS had good luck with their service. They have always taken care of me, making me feel like they were helping ME out. I enjoy the software better than some available for Windows.

I have never once had an issue with my desktop, everything about it has worked perfectly.

The only thing I miss is being able to buy hardware and tinker with a machine. In my mind I have only given up headaches.

That being said, the news article is retarded, especially for people with our understanding of machines.

Dave

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

The advertising isnt for us. For general users (the majority) the advertising works and is true. There arent viruses for OSX, so no need to worry about it. UNIX is generally a bit safer against it anyway...

What the majority pays for is amazing art design (case etc), included software, lack of viruses and that it "just works".

Besides the Mac Pro (workstation, nothing the people here use) you pay more for this. Most of the time the hardware is the same for any Windows based machines. (Apple sometimes gets hardware before it is released to other resellers)

I can only give you my reasons for switching. The power of the Mac Pro is over the top. It cost less than other manufacturers, was the same price or less than buying the hardware separately. I have ALWAYS had good luck with their service. They have always taken care of me, making me feel like they were helping ME out. I enjoy the software better than some available for Windows.

I have never once had an issue with my desktop, everything about it has worked perfectly.

The only thing I miss is being able to buy hardware and tinker with a machine. In my mind I have only given up headaches.

That being said, the news article is retarded, especially for people with our understanding of machines.

Dave

I do understand that there's few maleware out for Macs, but it's all in due time unfortunately nothing is safe forever. And you do still have to worry about viruses. Because you may not be affected by viruses but you can still carry and spread them as most people don't think they need any form of Anti-Virus on a Mac.

Though in the end it all comes down to experiences. There's been plenty of horror stories with Apple support, just like every other company. For me personally it comes down to unable to justify the price, I'm not a fan of the plastic cheap look (Give me metal cases and magnesium keyboard keys any day!) but mostly it comes down to the fact that I love and enjoy researching and putting together a new machine too much to buy a pre-built.

#12 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

I agree that at some point there will be maleware/viruses for OSX. Just currently there arent any out there. Or if there is, no one has found them.

Apple is not perfect, there will be bad experiences with them. However it seems that there service is the best out of all pre built resellers. (some data on that, somewhere)

I was very much the same way, but I reached a point where I had the money and I didnt want to deal with the headaches that come from putting a machine together yourself.

Ohh and the cheapest macbook is the only plastic model now, everything else is aluminium =]

Dave

** Does anyone see it a bit ironic how people (seen here) go on huge freaking tangents ripping on Mac fanbois when they themselves are worse than some mac fans? Im a huge mac fan, but everything in this thread seems much worse than anything I have written?

#13 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

** Does anyone see it a bit ironic how people (seen here) go on huge freaking tangents ripping on Mac fanbois when they themselves are worse than some mac fans? Im a huge mac fan, but everything in this thread seems much worse than anything I have written?

Not really and you're the only person really defending them, so of course the collective response will be slightly worse than yours. There's simply more of it.

As for the whole, Mac vs PC dick measuring/pissing contest, I enjoyed using a Mac at school for an AV project we had to do, as well as a slide show presentation in one of my science classes. Of course when I got home from messing with the AV project at school, I downloaded some simple avi tools and was just as easily able to do it on the PC. I guess if you're a professional designer/editor a Mac could have its up points but as a casual user and gamer the interface and availability of products I like make the Mac a tool I simply wouldn't use or likely ever want.

Also, with torrents, any PC with an ready internet connection could have Photoshop (free) in less than an hour. Adobe's pissed me off in the past with other products so that I have no moral qualms about pirating anything and everything they make.

#14 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

Not really and you're the only person really defending them, so of course the collective response will be slightly worse than yours. There's simply more of it.

As for the whole, Mac vs PC dick measuring/pissing contest, I enjoyed using a Mac at school for an AV project we had to do, as well as a slide show presentation in one of my science classes. Of course when I got home from messing with the AV project at school, I downloaded some simple avi tools and was just as easily able to do it on the PC. I guess if you're a professional designer/editor a Mac could have its up points but as a casual user and gamer the interface and availability of products I like make the Mac a tool I simply wouldn't use or likely ever want.

Also, with torrents, any PC with an ready internet connection could have Photoshop (free) in less than an hour. Adobe's pissed me off in the past with other products so that I have no moral qualms about pirating anything and everything they make.

I'm agree with that. I'm sitting on the newest OS of Mac at my internship. With all it's programs as well as organizational methods like Spaces it's really useful for working. I can slide from the internet research to my excel sheet to put down my info, then switch to word instantly. Pretty useful to have a dictionary that I can quickly search for words on my desktop. It's useful for media, since I do intern at RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) it makes my life a lot easier. For a personal computer, no, working yes.

#15 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

I agree that at some point there will be maleware/viruses for OSX. Just currently there arent any out there. Or if there is, no one has found them.

I am not saying there a lot but there are some.

First Ever Mac OS X viruses Discovered in 2006
Mac Trojan Horse OSX.Trojan.iServices.A
Mac Trojan Horse OSX.Trojan.iServices.B
OSX.RSPlug.A Trojan Horse Changes Local DNS Settings to Redirect to Malicious DNS Servers
Mac OS X Leopard Quarantine Bug Allows Users to Launch Malicious Attachments in Mail
Apple Remote Desktop Vulnerability Allows Malicious Programs to Execute Code as Root

What I find great is that Mac's strengths is what is going to be its undoing. One of the strongest selling points is that there are "Virtually" no viruses. However, there is a ton of malware cropping up lately and new trojans because the user base is expanding and the people who use it still hold the belief that they are immune and when a someone does create an amazing virus it is going to "Virtually" fuck over the mac community.

#16 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

I like my 3 year old mac =P

(posting from my PC) lol

I don't understand the Mac hate really. If youre mad about articles, reporting, etc etc....how is that Apple's or Mac users' fault? lol
I'm just beating a dead horse here I think, so I'm done.

#17 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't understand the Mac hate really. If youre mad about articles, reporting, etc etc....how is that Apple's or Mac users' fault?

Because Apple creates the elitist mentality bro.

#18 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Because Apple creates the elitist mentality bro.

and no pc eltiest pricks wanna hear that sh*t

#19 Waffles

Waffles

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

I am a Geek Squad Agent, I will totally tell you that -

1) Geek Squad Visit for PC is WAY more than $129 - stupid douche, lol. Our cancellation fee is $129 :P
2) For PC, go download NOD32, it wins

As for mac, outside of 1 year warranty we will charge extra just to pop that sucker open, and for MAC under warranty we have to ship it out to Kentucky or California for 4 weeks just so they can do something so simple but Apple likes to be dicks about it.

With all the virus and spyware out for PC, its very easy to forget that Microsoft puts out a tool for FREE called Malicious Software Removal tool, and most people that know how to use it can remove all virus and spyware for free! YAY WIN!!!!

Mac and PC are so similar in hardware its sad to think you pay $1200-$2000 for a mac, and $399-$1200 for a pc. It costs atleast $300 extra for a MAC repair vs a PC repair, and for MAC, one of the most common selling accessories for it are one of two things: for OSX which has bootcamp its Windows XP, for all prior too, its Parallels and Windows XP. plus the install fee's from geek squad.

To give you a price comparison for windows vs Mac repair with windows:
PC - $199 Advanced diagnostic and Repair
Mac - $199 Advanced diagnostic and repair for Mac, $59 Install for parallels or config of boot camp, $199 for repair of windows side, $130 for install of AV/AS for windows + price of AV.

God, I love mac - the Most expensive windows machine EVER!

#20 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Wait im supposed to take someones word that works in Geek Squad?

lawl.

Ohh yeah, whats a MAC? isnt that an IT standard for something else?

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users