138 replies to this topic

#81 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

I know its not much, but how does this look for a bracket?

Thats how it should be set up for the 5v5 8 team brackets

I decided to make one on my own :1:

(tis a screenie)

Posted Image

#82 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

off to a good start there blooms. startin to look like march madness.

edit: maybe we should have a draft, that'd be tight. get everyone's who's in on the list, team captains, and each get picks.

Edited by Sniprwulf, 31 January 2006 - 12:40 AM.

#83 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

i like this 5v5 keeps is neat and short too many teams would draw this out. if we could do it in a few days good if we have to draw it out i don't have a problem with it.

each team who is competeing against another team should talk to them and find the dates that it is best and for their teams then get a ref/admin. then the admin can score it. i say we do 3 maps with 15 rounds each.

i don't know if i want to be captain (have to think about it) and can you turn down a draft?

#84 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

is there an admin that can do a PM all feature? bc that would send a message to everyone in boss along with a message to the user's email account telling them they have a message which would give them a reason to get on the forums. say something like....

this friday is the last day to sign up for the boss tourn. we have a cutoff at 40 people and currently have 30- whatever. that way we can stop it and start picking teams out.

#85 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:28 AM

I say that 5vs5 should be official by now. Sounds good to me. I also say that anyone that posts about when they can or cannot play should be banned indefinitely. We still have to figure this out so STFU. If you don't know what STFU means then google it and kill yourself soon thereafter.

Earlier I posted a link to a tounament bracket generator in word format that simplified things. I tried this link today and it didnt work.... 40 man cutoff line sounds good. I also say that we should have an extra 5 people as standby. 8 Teams X 5 players = 40 + 5 extra people to be drafted if one team member forfeits. So 45 people total and the 5 sh*ttiest players (those who dont get drafted) are for standby.

Rules so far:

Teams: 5vs5 x8 Teams with 5 standby players to be drafted if one team member cant play in required time
If a standby player gets drafted then the player he replaces cannot play thereafter
Teams: Choose team captains then have a draft
Style: Double elimination, 3 days to complete match
Map(s): rotation ............I say Office, dust, aztec???? <-----need feedback
Rules: No AWP and anything else goes BUT keeping to the BoSS style of gameplay should be encouraged (the whole team camping behind boxes would be gay as f*ck and I hope noone takes this sh*t too seriously as to care about winning enough to play like a b*tch) <---- I said this before but yeah

Edited by ShLoNkY, 31 January 2006 - 03:37 AM.

#86 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:29 AM

You can count me in. I get lucky every once in a while. As long as I'm not working when this happens I game. I do have fridaysa nd Saturdays off.

#87 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

i don't think we should get too phsyco about not letting ppl play anybody that wants to play and gets in on this before cut off should be alound no standbys... and i think awp should be aloud i mean aztec or dust it is a weapon that is supposed to be used hell if you want to use it in office be my guest but you are gonna get your ass handed to you.

remember everybody this is for fun

#88 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:15 AM

First and foremost, Billy is an awp wh*re and a rate hacker. Second I think dust 2 will make a much better map than dust 1. Also, IF we keep to the BoSS style does that mean no snipers, flashes, or ff? Im sure people wont show up on these dates too ,but I also know that Gaara will be very sad when nobody picks him and he has to be a standby. We'll get on vent and work this out.

1. Shlonk
2. Killswitch
3. Blooms
4. Bojo
5. Derek
6. Novahack
7. Dizzy
8. Pumper
9. Massacre
10. Gaara
11. Frag
12. Billy
13. Kid Capri
14. Cleric
15. Nachos
16. Kid Latigo
17. SniprWulf
18. Doc Seuss
19. At the Gates
20. Cyprus
21. Monster
22. R3Dvison
23. Mad Hatter
24. Inertia
25. KingforaDay
26. Lost
27. Ozzy
28. Joe Zombie
29. Ezekiel
30. Crash
31. mint_skoal
32. Wolipator
33. Nagash

EDIT: Updated List

Edited by Massacre, 31 January 2006 - 09:17 AM.

#89 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:54 AM

i think that we should have no awp, but allow the scout. also i think picking teams is good, it allows for more competition and smack talk. On that note dont be scared by the [Dream Team] name, we might as well just get out asses handed to us. The only reason I wanna play with these people is because i have played with them for so long, i know how they play and what to expect.

There are pleny of players out there that are better than me on regular occasions. BUT play me after i have been on for awhile and its a different story.

[Dream Team]
DocSeuss
BillPumper
Fragaholic
SOB
Monster (canidate)

PS - the team that has ghozy, lost, c_raid, mass and sniprwulf kidna scare me.

#90 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

Im not sure which team your talking about with me on it :tired: but you cant exclued the very best BoSS members for your team. We'll need to talk about this on vent or maybe start a poll to pick team captains.

#91 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:01 AM

massacre is just pissed that he got kicked off the team. *sniffle*

ill talk to you on vent when i get outta class, should be on around 1 or so.

dave

#92 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

not having a draft or random team picking would be completly ridiculous. We my as well have a 2 team tournament then. Of course it would be fun for "the dream team" while everyone else would get there asses kicked.

******when I say draft, I mean having captains where THEY pick the teams:not just random people going everywhere******

I made that new bracket because I think it is better layed out and easier to understand, however we can use that other one if you want.

Since this is BoSS gamers, sticking to the BoSS rules would make sense if everyone agreed, however I'm open to having scouts and awps(I still think no flashes or autos). As for the map(s), we could either do office(since we are an office community :dork: ), a rotation of the 5 maps on server 3(or any number of those maps), or have a mixture of office + a server 3 rotation. Personally I think we should include office.
Here are the maps currently on server 3 and are our choices:

Prodigy
Dust
Dust 2
Nuke
Aztec

Personally I hate nuke, but we could play it if ya'll want.

To recap Shlonky's proposed rules:

- Teams: 5vs5 x8 Teams plus 5 standby players if a player cannot play(total, not per team)
- If a standby player gets drafted then the player he replaces cannot play thereafter
- Teams: Choose team captains then have a draft. Once we have all players situated, captains will be chosen.
- Style: Double elimination, 3 days to complete match(if not completed, your team loses that match)
- Map(s):<-----need feedback see earlier in my post

- ***still to be decided*** No AWP and anything else goes BUT keeping to the BoSS style of gameplay should be encouraged (the whole team camping behind boxes would be gay as f*ck and I hope noone takes this sh*t too seriously as to care about winning enough to play like a b*tch) <---- I said this before but yeah

- You may play with less than 5 members of your team if you cannot get all your teammates and cannot get one of the 5 backups, however, obviously you will be at a disadvantage(you will not forfeit though)

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 31 January 2006 - 11:23 AM.

#93 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

I say leave the restrictions as they are on server 3. But add fadetoblack. I think DreamTeam may be alittle too good for the tournament, but we can face off against an equally stacked team on the side some time :1:

#94 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

i know some one is dying to ask me to join their team :whatever: :tdown: :malace:

#95 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

- You may play with less than 5 members of your team if you cannot get all your teammates and cannot get one of the 5 backups, however, obviously you will be at a disadvantage(you will not forfeit though)

Thats a better idea. So no standby players. :tup:

Edited by ShLoNkY, 31 January 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#96 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

ill play if i can be on the hacker team.

#97 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

***CURRENT LIST***

1. Shlonk
2. Killswitch
3. Blooms
4. Bojo
5. Derek
6. Novahack
7. Dizzy
8. $vt_cobra
9. Wyte Mafia
10. Gaara
11. Frag
12. Billy
13. Kid Capri
14. Cleric
15. Nachos
16. Kid Latigo
17. SniprWulf
18. Doc Seuss
19. At the Gates
20. Cyprus
21. Monster
22. R3Dvison
23. Mad Hatter
24. Inertia
25. KingforaDay
26. Lost
27. Ozzy
28. Joe Zombie
29. Ezekiel
30. Crash
31. mint_skoal
32. Wolipator
33. Nagash
34. Fade To Black
35. Ashbash
36. Ghozy
37. korosys420
38. Lost Hatter

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 31 January 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#98 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

ok today, we nominate some captains. how many teams? is how many captains. people volunteer and people can recommend people too. these people HAVE to be on the days these matches are shceduled.

#99 NC Joe

NC Joe

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

add me.

#100 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

IM CAPTAIN FOR......GAARA IS A f*cking JEW/MEXICAN TEAM!!!

btw gaara wanna join?

jk

Edited by ashbash, 31 January 2006 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users