22 replies to this topic

#21 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

Shlonky I looked around for some reviews or any remarks on that PSU, and I also showed it to a friend of mine (he is about 30) who owns and runs a computer store where he fixes, and or buys computers for people. He said the PSU would be fine for what I have but to have a back up just incase that one blows out (i have 2 extra PSU both are..decent) Some of the reviews on the PSU WERE bad, but mostly the bad reviews came from people overlcocking their crap to much (EX 3200+ to 2.7 which I won't be doing) A few reviews said they actually used the PSU with 2 7900GT's and a more demanding CPU. I looked up the 7900's and they demand more from the PSU. So if this guy can Run Duel 7900's with an FX-60 on this PSU then i'm sure I will be ok. But if it breaks, I will come crying to you and say you were right.

#22 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:47 PM

Shlonky I looked around for some reviews or any remarks on that PSU, and I also showed it to a friend of mine (he is about 30) who owns and runs a computer store where he fixes, and or buys computers for people. He said the PSU would be fine for what I have but to have a back up just incase that one blows out (i have 2 extra PSU both are..decent) Some of the reviews on the PSU WERE bad, but mostly the bad reviews came from people overlcocking their crap to much (EX 3200+ to 2.7 which I won't be doing) A few reviews said they actually used the PSU with 2 7900GT's and a more demanding CPU. I looked up the 7900's and they demand more from the PSU. So if this guy can Run Duel 7900's with an FX-60 on this PSU then i'm sure I will be ok. But if it breaks, I will come crying to you and say you were right.

Yours has as much juice as a good 400watt psu which should be ok for your rig. Only thing I was tryin to say is that PSU was expensive and you could get a much better one for the price. The one you selected will, no doubt, do the job though. :tup:

#23 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:10 PM

it was a combo deal with the RAM, so i'm all about value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users