24 replies to this topic

#21 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

If ~ is not working, it means you haven't enabled console. When valve created HL2 they were nice enough to add that option. In old HL you had to make a shortcut and add lines to starting preferences and all kinds of bullsh*t.

Anyway, all you have to do is go to options -> advanced -> enable developer's console (~). Then all you have to do is press ~ and type status :tup:

I ended up doing more work than was necessary, because I didn't check back here until after I started, but I uninstalled HL2, CCS, and Steam, then reinstalled them all. Right now it is finishing downloading CSS updates and is decrypting HL2. Hopefully this works, I really just want to be able to play on the BoSS servers with you guys. Hell, I jsut want to be able to play CSS again, period.

Sounds like you've had quite a day lol

#22 Shadow Gamer 21

Shadow Gamer 21

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

If ~ is not working, it means you haven't enabled console. When valve created HL2 they were nice enough to add that option. In old HL you had to make a shortcut and add lines to starting preferences and all kinds of bullsh*t.

Anyway, all you have to do is go to options -> advanced -> enable developer's console (~). Then all you have to do is press ~ and type status :tup:

Sounds like you've had quite a day lol

So do I have to enable the console in HL2? Also, I was finally able to connect to BoSS server 1, I just wasn't able to add it to my favorites. I found it when searching for CS servers, and yes, I have had quite the day all ready.

EDIT: OMG I am such a DUMBASS! The server IP was 66.36.255.77, I kept typing .25 instead of .255. Well, at least I know why it wasn't working.

Edited by Shadow Gamer 21, 11 July 2006 - 02:35 PM.

#23 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

just do: options -> advanced -> enable developer's console (~) in CS:S Main Menu kthx...
Not like you really need to check your ID since you already know you're not banned from the servers.
But either way, it's good to have console enabled cause all you have to do to check damage given/recieved is press ~ when you die (or at when a new round starts if you survived). Another nice feature of CS:S. :tup:

#24 Shadow Gamer 21

Shadow Gamer 21

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Frag, and Shadow, and everyone else. The problem is fixed and I am good to go. The topic can be closed now, and yes, I enabled the console if you were still wondering, Frag. Thanks again guys, time for me to go get owned on the servers. :20:

#25 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:33 PM

One more thing, you'll know if you get banned. When you try to connect, it'll say STEAM:x:xxxxxxxx is banned.

Also, yeah, deleting clientregistry.blob/restarting Steam is like the magical fix, although the latter is usually necessary more often, the former is what you had to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users