25 replies to this topic

#21 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:40 PM

As a matter of fact i think Ts should be able to buy scouts and maybe 1 or max 2 AWPs. However, the CT team should be worked on. As CT is more of a rush and rescue objective team, they should not be allowed a leisure of sniper rifles - maybe a few scouts; i dont even know if we should make AWPs available for CTs - 1 max.

That leads to T's camping like assholes and sniping all the time... that will drain the server faster than a wet fart.

If you aim for realism and objectivity, like hostage rescuing and the like, then by all means allow snipers, flashes, camping etc.

But if you want the servers to be full of dedicated people, create a unique atmosphere where people with similar interests (no snipers, no flashes, no camping) can play a similar game. If you choose this option, then advertise the f*ck out of it. When boss is down, I filter by office, then look for "NO SNIPERS / NO FLASHES", best servers out there.

#22 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

This makes me cry. Snipers take away from what makes BoSS the thing of beauty that it is. Please, please, think long and hard about this.

#23 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:15 AM

I totally agree with you Xiertic. I think snipers will only lead to camping and slowing the game down. If you add snipers and flashes it would be just like the other thousands of servers out there. I vote to keep it the way it is, which it the reason i love playing on our server other than our awsome BoSS members :tup:

#24 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

pretty pretty please no awps ;) scouts ok.. people with skill can still use them well ... (not me)

#25 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

I totally agree with you Xiertic. I think snipers will only lead to camping and slowing the game down. If you add snipers and flashes it would be just like the other thousands of servers out there. I vote to keep it the way it is, which it the reason i love playing on our server other than our awsome BoSS members :tup:

Flashes were never even considered. Flashes are gay, it's pretty much the consensis of the community and of Shadow. While, 2 scouts per team would be kinda of cool. But would also keep it from being a camp fest as a rifle could mop the floor against a scout on most of the map.

#26 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:06 AM

AWPs on BoSS, even though I love them, wouldn't be a good idea.

Flashes, even though "not considered", obviosuly not a good idea.

But why not scouts? I think scouts should be unrestricted completely. If you people are worried about people camping because of them, thats what we have admins for! They will enforce rules and keep the game moving. You are not gonna get a gay one shot kill with a scout unless you deserve it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users