#21 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

And Ezekiel is still here.

I turned off the radar. My game has gotten better. f*ck the noobs with radar, I'm doing it old school war style. Hell I'll even bust out the musket and kick your asses. :20:

#22 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:09 PM

The only reason the UMP only holds 25 and fires so slow is because of the .45 ACP... Yet it does the same damage, or even worse, than the 9mm MP5. Things like this is what Valve need to fix, not f*ck around with the prices, which people have learned by heart and rely on with buy scripts etc.

#23 ace of spades

ace of spades

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:38 AM

I don�t understand Valve's play here. Will they not stop until they alienate all the hardcore and devoted players, where will it end? The first updates I saw were new maps and the new skins; those were my first experiences w/ valve updates. And they were good updates imo. But to go as far as changing the way the whole game plays with no remorse and no "giving of a f*ck" about what there users say, well they have gone too far. Who are they to demolish an originally user created mod? It�s just sad really.

#24 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

Oh boy!

A new page on the Steam website reveals weapon pricing changes for CS: Source. Changes to the weapon pricing were noted in news updates approximately a month ago, and this is the first insight into specifically what those changes are. Instead of simply altering the pricing in order to facilitate gameplay, the prices of weapon are now based on an economy model. Records are taken of the demand of weapons and this is calculated in an algorithm that determines the pricing of weapons from week to week. For details you can check out some information concerning the algorithm or the weapons market pricing page. Here's a little blurb from the page:

The cost of weapons and equipment that you purchase in Counter-Strike: Source are now based on an algorithm that calculates the global market demand for various weapons. As more people purchase a certain weapon, the price will rise and other weapons will become less expensive.

Starting October 11th, the prices you pay for weapons in Counter-Strike: Source will be updated every Monday based on the volume of purchases over the previous week.

This is funny!

Expect to see the M4, Ak47, and AWP skyrocket.

Edited by Chris82, 23 September 2006 - 06:52 AM.

#25 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

In Counter-Strike, each gameserver is its own instance of the game world. Unlike persistent "massively multiplayer" games, there is no open-ended economy. Until now...

Jesus-f*cking-Christ... CS:S is becoming an MMOFPS, soon they're gonna charge monthly ;)

ma_givecash FTW!!!!!!!!

#26 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

dam the deagle is gona be for $930....oh my why!!

#27 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

Thats straight bullsh*t, people buy the m4 and ak the most because they like them, not cause there the cheapest. And the deagle price is f*ckin stupid.

#28 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

idk about tha new stuff i could be actually good, BUT the price changes thts BS i dont understand y u need 2 change tha prices :33: ... Valve A-holes

#29 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

I dont know what valve is thinking..the people that this will most affect and bother is the scrimmers and clans, who are the competitive side to this game. Why would they purposly piss them off idk

#30 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

If the prices change +/- 10% who gives a f*ck that doesnt really matter. I mean why even do it..... who cares??

The .50 going up 43% is retarded IMO. Its a great sidearm if youve got the cash or weapon to use for a few rounds as your primary weapon till you get some cash.

Why change sh*t like this, theres no reason to IMO. No one is really going to care if a wespon is $5 more or less.

I think that Valve is seeing a lot less CSS players recently and is trying to change stuff to mix things up a bit. People are bored of CSS IMO cuz its been around the block so to speak. If you notice, when we first started up our Gun Game server, there wasnt that many other GG servers out there. Now theres TONS of GG servers. Same great gameplay but with a twist. Valve needs to come up with HL3 to keep their sh*t popular. f*ck this HL2 episode 1 2 and 3 crap. I wanna play online with other dickheads. First player games are fine and HL2 really kicked ass, but lots of people only buy the games to play online. I mean Ive played the first player sh*t for 10-15 hours maybe and have logged in a million online......

#31 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:31 AM

i think the price will change a little every week...so in like 2 months the deagles could cost like $2000 if it keeps on rising.....this is retarded, there should be an option to disabel this on certain servers.

#32 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

Well it only seems to be source that is getting tiring. 1.6 is just as popular as ever and more popular than source.

#33 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yep!

Posted Image

Roughly 3-4 times the amount of player minutes per month.

A 7+ year old game beating out a game less than two years of age, and look at that, the 7+ year old game isn't even updated anymore.

#34 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

A 7+ year old game beating out a game less than two years of age, and look at that, the 7+ year old game isn't even updated anymore.

That's because they've f*cked over CS:S so badly ever since its release. First people left for hitboxes, then hackers, then .... .... now Radar and varying prices. I don't think Valve has done anything to make MORE players play CS:S instead of 1.6. It's all been 3rd party mods (Deathmatch, Surf, Gun Game, WC3 mod etc).

#35 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

so......how many here play 1.6?.....

#36 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

I do.

Anyway, there's apparently a light at the end of the tunnel.

There will be a cvar controlling this new functionality, mp_dynamicpricing, you can disable it if you wish by setting its value to 0.

- Alfred

http://forums.steamp...threadid=489878

Guess which one the BoSS servers will use. :tup:

#37 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Wow, that command will save the day. Sweet.

#38 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

does it matter if you we get free cash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users