35 replies to this topic

#1 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:23 PM

I didn't realize that this sh*t was going on tomorrow. Im planning on waking up early anyways and are going to see if I can preorder myself one and then cash the b*tch in on Ebay. :tup:

Limited PlayStation 3 Pre-order
GameStop and EB Games will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 console on Tuesday, October 10, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to deplete this allocation very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at this time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability

Im guessing if you can get your hands on one, you can sell the b*tch and make yourself $500 if you play your cards right. f*ck if i was smart I'd go everywhere and preorder 10 of the b*tches and make a MINT.......

EDIT: Ima DO this. I made over $500 when PSII first came out. I actually CAMPED OUT at walmart for a night, it was pretty funny. I got 3 stores lined up (gonna drive right by em anyhow).

ShLoNkYs gonna be hustlin the PSIIIs. Anyone want one?? For BoSS members they are only $3,500. :tup:

#2 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, im waiting for that mofo as well... but thinking ill leave it for my gf to buy the biznach for me! :20:

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:55 AM

if my credit card bill wasn't floating a massive balance already i probly would do this but i need to pay it off first gl shlonky

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:13 AM

bummer.. class'll prevent me from doing this. i'll just campout when it really comes out.

#5 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:50 AM

For BoSS members they are only $3,500. :tup:

Gee thanks. You always give such excellent discounts and low prices to us.

If I had the money, I'd probably be getting one somewhere though.

#6 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:49 AM

PS3 isnt for me...toooo much money..

Wii :tup: :tup:

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

I'm not a huge console person. Not to mention the fact that I think the PS3 is a peice of sh*t. I basically bought my 360 for Dead Rising and Halo 3. That, and I'm way too lazy to go through with the whole eBay way of making sme quick cash.

I'd rather put that $600 for a PS3 to a computer.

#8 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:04 AM

I can wait on consoles right now I have to much distracting me from my school work right now :/

#9 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

Lol, the PS3's gonna blow. And if it doesnt, im not spending 500 or 700$ on it. I already own and am happy with my Xbox 360. I MIGHT possibly pick up a Wii if i have the cash.

#10 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

I'd rather put that $600 for a PS3 to a computer.

i think alot of people are thinking this...

new consoles are overrated anyways, i'll play snes over xbox 360 half of the time :perk:

#11 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

K so I made it to Gamestop bout a half an hour or so before they opened up to find that there was 3 people in front of me. I didnt camp out or anything, just figured id get there and see what happens. 5 minutes later a dude joined the line and said he came from another store in which there was 25 people waiting outside of and he got there about an hour or so before the store opened.......

To make a long story short I was #4 out of 6 and had I gotten there 5 minutes later I would have been sh*t out of luck. So yeah I'll have one without having to camp out. BTW I did that for PS2...... Got there about 6pm the night before and was like 35+ in line at Wal Mart. :tup: Still got my PSII though.

BTW I dont even want the thing, if for some strange reason psIIIs are plentifull and i cannot sell it, Im returning the b*tch. From the looks of it Sony said 2million by the launch date and another 6 by the end of the year. Some dude told me that Sony announced that therell only be 400k of them at launch. :evil:

#12 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

Ya, you'll def get at least 2X what you paid for it if you go ebay. Me and a friend have been planning on doing that for months now.

#13 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

Im thinkin +$1000. Theres a bunch on ebay BIN for $2500 and $2000. Not sure what angle I'm going to take on this thing. Do I throw it on ebay NOW or do I wait and see what happens?? I think I'm gonna give it a few days and see whats up. Puttin it on there now may be the best bet if they miraculously have a bunch of them at launch. From what Ive heard they are going to be VERY VERY scarce. If I wait and they are even more scarce then origionally planned I may be better off waiting while all the hype builds.

I do, however, have an ace in the hole as my Dad has 2000+ 100% positive feedback on ebay. Lots of the 360s and PSIIs had a bunch of scammers and people with no feedback trying to sell em. Either way I'm still thinkin +1000 bux..... :tup:

EDIT: People already snapped up the BIN ps3s for $1200-1300. I may throw it up there for $2000 BIN and see what happens. :tup: :tup: :tup:

#14 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, I knew about this before any of you did, guaranteed, since I work at a Gamestop. It was strictly confidential, though, so I didn't say anything. If they do the same thing with the Wii, however, and you are interested, send me a PM. Then I will send you a PM if they are going to do it and when. What they did was they called me and said they were going to start reserves on them, and then asked if I wanted one since I get first dibs as an employee. I would have said yes if I had the cash, but I really want a Wii. What I was going to do if I had about $300 extra was go half and half with another employee and get my part of the share when she sells it on Ebay, but I didn't have time to get the extra cash.

I thought about it, but since I don't know when Nintendo is going to let the public start reserving Wii's, I didn't want to lay out the cash to reserve the PS3, then not have enough time to get some of that $300 back for the Wii. Right now I've got just over $500 saved up for it. I'm going to get the system itself, the nunchaku attachment for the remote, and then I've got like $100 extra for games I want to get or accessories and stuff. I've all ready got Zelda reserved and paid off and I am going to reserve Smash Bros. as soon as humanly possibly, so really I've got $50+ to spend in other Wii stuff on it's launch date. End of thread hijack.

#15 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

dam

ill probably buy it around christmass...of 09....

#16 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

i got mine today and my girl bought one too. The manage of a local gamestop is a friend of my dad so he held two for me w00t!! So my girl is going to sell hers on ebay and make some mad cash off of it. I might try and camp out at wal mart and get another one. Just so i can have some extra cash to buy more guns :)

#17 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Start the bid at $0.01. You won't be dissapointed.

You'll have 1000 kids bidding like crazy in no time. You see, once someone bids on an item, even if it's ridiculously low, they feel like that's the one they want all of the sudden.

#18 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

INdeed. My auction is also going to state 2 important things. One: If Sony f*cks up and for some strange reason I dont get one on the launch date; too bad. That and bidders without 10+ positive feedback WILL BE CANCELLED, no contacting me beforehand none of that sh*t. That and paypal only within 24 hours of end date.

BTW The ones preordered from Gamestop/EB are selling Buy it NOW style for $1800. There has been a dozen or so sold at this proce. Im going to wait a few days and see what happens. I really wouldnt be surprised if they go for $3000 or more. My Dad's awesome feedback is going to help a LOT.

Glacius has it right though: Camp out, sell teh b*tch on ebay, buy guns...... :evil: :tup:

#19 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Either way, not going to get one.

Since there is a chance Sony will go under with this system, I'd rather wait and see what happens.

I mean, lets say they do go under...congrats, you just wasted $600.

#20 Hoon

Hoon

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

i might buy 2 PS IIIs and sell one on ebay and make money!! and keep the other one for my self!!! now... thats a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users