#21 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

Either way, not going to get one.

Since there is a chance Sony will go under with this system, I'd rather wait and see what happens.

I mean, lets say they do go under...congrats, you just wasted $600.

Sony is NOT going to go under.........

#22 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:53 AM

Sony is NOT going to go under.........

But they are predicted to lose a few billion the first year of release of the PS3, and have a business stratigy that demands the world changes to suit their ideas, and not that they have to alter their business to work with the world.

Posted Image

#23 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:32 AM

Lmao @ that cartoon hahaha yea they have f*cked themselves with the price tags on their sh*t....

#24 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

well i suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, it is my perosnal observation and opinion that this will do just as well if not better than the ps2. Sony is a househeld name, whether people want to admit it or not. With Sony, you know you are going to get a quality peice of equipment, added with the fact that so many more fans were going ape sh*t over this than the 360 (at least in this area it was like that, again my personal observation and opinion). Microsoft makes one hell of a product, there is not doubting that, but look at what happened with the first gen of 360 consoles, about 75 percent of them shorted out. Sorry man, but that just aint right, its a hassle to manufacturer not to mention a hassle to the consumer. Sony has always pretty much been right on the ball, i believe they will do excellent, and even if they dont and i stick my foot in my mouth, it wont matter cause i would have sold my extra anyway and made some cash mwa ha ha ha ha.

But ending on a serious note, people buy sh*t because they recognize the name. A lot of parents who probably dont know squat about gaming consoles will at least immediately recognize its a sony product, and will agree to buy it for their kids. Its like that with anything....take guns for example haha. Any true gun nut will tell you that one of the best handguns in the world is a debate between an STI and a kimber (full steel frame that is, no talk of polymers....yet). However, so many people who dont know sh*t about guns only go for what they recogzine, for example beretta, glock, smith and wesson. Although these companies are great and make exceptional products, they cant conpare to the out of box accuracy of kimbers and STI's. Anyways im gonna get off my soap box haha. I am sure who ever did buy a ps3 for themselves will not be dissappointed. I know i wont be :)

#25 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

I don't think so much that the PS3 will do bad, however Sony is losing a ridiculous amount of money even selling the hardware at that price. I mean technically if you think about it all the older consoles back in the early 90's were $500+ (although most of them were a flop).

$600 is a lot, but people will still pay it. Will enough people pay it however to make up for the huge loss? I guess we shall see. I sure won't be spending any money on it and have owned several PS2's.

#26 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

if i could afford it i would buy one

#27 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

Dont know if it is true or not, just thought i would post it up.

http://ps3timer.com/ebay.html

dave

#28 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

Dont know if it is true or not, just thought i would post it up.

http://ps3timer.com/ebay.html

dave

lol. Shlonky is gonna get his dad's ebay account suspended!

I see justification of this on ebay's part. Your buyer can't back out of the auction, and neither can the seller.

I'm sure if you post it when you have it, you will still get top dollar.

#29 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

Yeah I still dont know what to do. I think itll go $3000 if i put it on now. If that is true my dad will be pretty pissed if it gets suspended..haha However I dont see how they can suspend it if it clearly states "I preordered this, if it doesnt come on the 17th you will get it as soon as i do"

Im gonna wait and see what happens........

#30 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

well i suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, it is my perosnal observation and opinion that this will do just as well if not better than the ps2. Sony is a househeld name, whether people want to admit it or not. With Sony, you know you are going to get a quality peice of equipment, added with the fact that so many more fans were going ape sh*t over this than the 360 (at least in this area it was like that, again my personal observation and opinion). Microsoft makes one hell of a product, there is not doubting that, but look at what happened with the first gen of 360 consoles, about 75 percent of them shorted out. Sorry man, but that just aint right, its a hassle to manufacturer not to mention a hassle to the consumer. Sony has always pretty much been right on the ball, i believe they will do excellent, and even if they dont and i stick my foot in my mouth, it wont matter cause i would have sold my extra anyway and made some cash mwa ha ha ha ha.

But ending on a serious note, people buy sh*t because they recognize the name. A lot of parents who probably dont know squat about gaming consoles will at least immediately recognize its a sony product, and will agree to buy it for their kids. Its like that with anything....take guns for example haha. Any true gun nut will tell you that one of the best handguns in the world is a debate between an STI and a kimber (full steel frame that is, no talk of polymers....yet). However, so many people who dont know sh*t about guns only go for what they recogzine, for example beretta, glock, smith and wesson. Although these companies are great and make exceptional products, they cant conpare to the out of box accuracy of kimbers and STI's. Anyways im gonna get off my soap box haha. I am sure who ever did buy a ps3 for themselves will not be dissappointed. I know i wont be :)

Only 11% of the first gen 360s had an issue. Well below the average of 13% defective product, that most electronics have.

And most of the rest of them broke because people were complete morons and stuffed the power brick behind tvs and enertainment centers. MAKING them overheat and breaking. You don't stick a the PSU and cooling fan in an area with no ventalation. It doesn't end well.

#31 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

anybody know when the next big store is gona begin presales?

#32 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

anybody know when the next big store is gona begin presales?

Most of the big box stores are not doing presales. You can do the "Put your name on the list" type deal probably. The presale at EB/gamestop was different. Sony said theyd get X in at launch and they presold X. In my case 6 units. That being said I SHOULD be guarenteed one at launch.

#33 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

interesting..so no more presales?...dam it!

#34 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Yeah I still dont know what to do. I think itll go $3000 if i put it on now. If that is true my dad will be pretty pissed if it gets suspended..haha However I dont see how they can suspend it if it clearly states "I preordered this, if it doesnt come on the 17th you will get it as soon as i do"

Im gonna wait and see what happens........

its better to wait 7 days shlonk. Better safe than sorry

#35 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

Most of the big box stores are not doing presales. You can do the "Put your name on the list" type deal probably. The presale at EB/gamestop was different. Sony said theyd get X in at launch and they presold X. In my case 6 units. That being said I SHOULD be guarenteed one at launch.

Yup. After the disaster last November with the 360 shortages, Gamestop, EB, and any other game stores are really carefully watching how many reserves they fill on the PS3. When the 360 launched, those stores lost thousands of dollars per store because people came in and took their money back, because they could go to Walmart and wait in line to get one. Thats what I did.

#36 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:03 PM

Lol I saw one listed for 4000 bucks :tup:

Definitely worth it LOLZ.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users