• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 NoPoints

NoPoints

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

Im still playing it, since the release, a while back.. Its a great game, more people should buy and play it :P

#22 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

I've also played on and off since the release... But I don't have it anymore :(
Hehe I even remember pre-ordering Warcraft II back in the day... Those were the days man. They don't make quality strategy games like they used to!

#23 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

I still play Warcraft III when I dont have any internet lol. Thats b/c I still play WoW and im a sucker for the story line hehe.

#24 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:45 AM

I still play Warcraft III when I dont have any internet lol. Thats b/c I still play WoW and im a sucker for the story line hehe.

The story in WCIII ranks right up there with that of Final Fantasy VII in my all time favorites. I've played through that game several times just for the sake of Arthas' story.

Can honestly say I never played Starcraft, and apparently that is blasphemy. I think WCII was the first rts I ever gave a try.

#25 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

The story in WCIII ranks right up there with that of Final Fantasy VII in my all time favorites. I've played through that game several times just for the sake of Arthas' story.

Can honestly say I never played Starcraft, and apparently that is blasphemy. I think WCII was the first rts I ever gave a try.

man if u think the story from WCIII is kick-butt, youve got to play starcraft. It definitely has to have the best plot of all time. I read an interview with the head of blizzard recently (like a month ago or something) and he mentioned that in '07 there was going to be a big game announcement. Can we expect a SC2? Thats just too much to wish for...
anyone else heard anything?

#26 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

Hmmm, it'll probably be either StarCraft2 or, finally, Diablo 3.

You know all the Blizzard games have good stories though, the Diablo series included. I still love reading through the story in the manual to the first Diablo, it's good stuff. I'll have to check out the Starcraft story.

Edit: I can't help but notice Illidan in your avatar.....You are fully aware that Arthas owns his soul, right? That he's Arthas' b*tch? Just makin' sure. =)

Edited by Xiertic, 11 December 2006 - 07:12 PM.

#27 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:16 PM

God I remember when I used to play SC all the time. I started on WCII and TA, but SC was the do all be all b.net game. Then WCIII of course. I should get back into them when my PC is fixed. Please tell me SC2 is coming out soon.

#28 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

world of starcraft?

#29 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

Just because Arthas kicked Illidan's butt at the end of WCIII and Arthas became the Lich King, and Illidan left in shame running from Kil'jaedan....

*Sobs* YES I ADMIT IT!!!! Arthas may be better, but come on!! Illidan is so much cooler! He's part-demon, and he's blind! That just makes him completely cool...

But I don't know, that's just me....

#30 Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Drug Addict

• Banned
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:51 AM

YOU should have just downloaded it.. you wouldnt of had to move from that expensive computer chair that your mom bought you.

N00B

#31 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:57 AM

Yo, in the expansion coming out for WoW next month, they are adding a instance(raid, dungeon,...whatever u wanna refer to is as) with Illidan. It's gonna be so badass. Apparently in the story line, after Arthas pwned Illidan, he returned to the outlands with Kael, who was the Bloodelf Mage you could be in WCIII, and all thats on his mind is kicking Arthas' ass lol.

Also, In the current hardest instance, Naxxaramas, When you fight Kel'thuzad, Arthas (Lich King) is chilling near the throne altho you dont actually fight him at all....yet...

Up untill recently the stories in WoW hasnt had much of the original games. Just reference to the characters, so it should be pretty damn cool then they add the stuff.

Notice my Demonhunter in my sig? Thats what Illidan was...badass.

Nice avatar Dar tan!!

Edited by J.Pizzack, 12 December 2006 - 11:59 AM.

#32 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

^^

Must get my lvl 42 Warrior to 70 and then find a high instance guild so I can make a run for it.

#33 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:02 PM

GL bro. Im in a highend raiding guild, and we have issues with Naxx lol. hard stuff. Im just gonna power lvl my warrior and hunter to 70 and THEN see what instances are out there. lol

#34 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

How many people have killed Kel'Thuzad by this point. Last time I asked my brother he said maybe around 10 times but that was a while ago. I'm sure it's still not high. But wait, Arthas is actually in the corner? How do they explain that, because if you kill Kel'Thuzad than wouldn't he just like kill you with his mind or something? Wouldn't even have to lift a finger.

#35 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

Just because Arthas kicked Illidan's butt at the end of WCIII and Arthas became the Lich King, and Illidan left in shame running from Kil'jaedan....

*Sobs* YES I ADMIT IT!!!! Arthas may be better, but come on!! Illidan is so much cooler! He's part-demon, and he's blind! That just makes him completely cool...

But I don't know, that's just me....

Arthas was cooler (and more powerfu) than Illidan BEFORE the merge with the Lich King, imo. But now that he's merged, let's see. Most powerful death knight in the world, + the most powerful magick user in the world.. It doesn't get much cooler (and bad ass) than that. ;)

The Illidan thing, yeah I've known for several months that you're gonna get to fight him. It'll bad a bad ass thing for sure.

I'm gonna be severly pissed if Blizzard EVER makes Arthas killable, he's just too powerful in his current form. But being the douches they are, I know they will. Then again once upon a time Blizzard stated that they want to one day take the level cap in WoW all the way to level 100, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see the Arthas battle somewhere around there. If Illidan is a boss for a level 70 instance, and we can safely assume that after the merge Arthas is at least 3x more powerful than Ill.. Yeah, I'd say it'd take a raid of level 100s. :P

Edit: As a testament to my Arthas (and Sephiroth) nerdiness, I would have you look at Posted Image .... It's my desktop.
Scaled down of course, so forgive the non-smoothness.

Edited by Xiertic, 12 December 2006 - 05:20 PM.

#36 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image

#37 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

lol nice, :tup:

#38 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

Blizzard certainly has a thing for the bad guy winning. Look at the end of SC. Kerrigan took over everything. The only cool people left were Zeratul, Jim Raynor, and Artanis (and he's only kinda cool). I mean c'mon, they killed Fenix! What's up with that??? But am I the only one who sees the connection between Zeratul and Illidan? Illidan is obviously based off him.

Who do you think was the coolest SC character? I'd say Zeratul and that's parcially why I like Illidan..... plus he's just one beastly demon person.....

#39 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:07 PM

Who do you think was the coolest SC character? I'd say Zeratul and that's parcially why I like Illidan..... plus he's just one beastly demon person.....

Posted Image

#40 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

Coolest charachters are as follows;

Warcraft II: Grom Hellscream
Starcraft: Lt. Kerrigan (infested)
Warcraft III: Lord Archimonde