77 replies to this topic

#41 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

Okay, one, I was talking about Nintendo in general, not just the Gamecube, and two, have you played half of these games? It seems like all the RPG's I listed you immediately dismissed as childish, and I can honestly tell you with a straight face that Chrono Trigger isn't childish. It's got a talking frog, a psycho cavewoman, robots, and lots of time travel, that's fantasy, not childishness (even though it may sound that way by my description). It's probably the best RPG on the SNES, and one of the best games of it's time. Again, I'll agree that Kirby is childish, FF: Crystal Chronicles was a childish PoS, and Super Mario RPG I can see arguments for, but the others I still stand by. Let's just agree to disagree. You can think their childish, and I can think they are fun. The whole purpose of my original post was to try to curb all the "Nintendo is for babies" talk, not to start a thread hijack, lol. And it's not like I only play these games, I love my violence, blood, and gore, (CSS, Gears of War, God of War, Hitman, DooM, FEAR, etc...) but I do like these other games. Just because they aren't filled with blood and guts doesn't mean they suck (And I'm not putting words in your mouth, thats just a statement about a lot of people who don't like Nintendo.)

#42 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:36 AM

Right on. Chrono ruled. Time travel, black magic, world destruction. But oh noez, it had a talking frog, that's so childish.

Yet Final Fantasy has talking animals all over the place. That makes it childish too then, I guess.

#43 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

Right on. Chrono ruled. Time travel, black magic, world destruction. But oh noez, it had a talking frog, that's so childish.

Yet Final Fantasy has talking animals all over the place. That makes it childish too then, I guess.

Rock on, man! Chocobos and Moogles FTW! Fat Chocobo was the best, and I've seen screenshots of him in Final Fantasy 3, which I should be picking up soon, hopefully.

#44 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:39 AM

Rock on, man! Chocobos and Moogles FTW! Fat Chocobo was the best, and I've seen screenshots of him in Final Fantasy 3, which I should be picking up soon, hopefully.

Let's not forget Red XIII. :tup:

Edit: Come to think of it, FFVII had a robot as well, Cait Sith. Oh noez.

Edit edit: SNAP, and it looked like a talking cat. Double points to childishness. O.O

Edited by Xiertic, 02 December 2006 - 12:42 AM.

#45 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:43 AM

I like some SNES rpgs more than most of the sh*t they throw out nowadays save a few. FF3, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana 1 n 2, etc. all were awesome rpgs that are still among my favorites. And the talking frog in chrono is quite useful except when he's being a whiny b*tch.

#46 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:47 AM

I like some SNES rpgs more than most of the sh*t they throw out nowadays save a few. FF3, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana 1 n 2, etc. all were awesome rpgs that are still among my favorites. And the talking frog in chrono is quite useful except when he's being a whiny b*tch.

Don't forget Secret of Evermore! Awesome game.

And yean Frog (or Glen, as his real name was) was a real emo b*tch, but good with a sword none the less. Magus is one of my all time favorite characters in any RPG, I have his theme music downloaded on my computer. (Sephiroth could take him though).

#47 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:50 AM

Hell yea what was that move of his, Dark Matter i think? That owned.

Edited by Mike2077, 02 December 2006 - 12:51 AM.

#48 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:55 AM

I know it's a thread hijack, but I love how this turned into a conversation about classic Nintendo RPG's. We should all get on Vent sometime and actually talk about it, rather than having a back-and-forth situation here on the boards.

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 02 December 2006 - 01:01 AM.

#49 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:55 AM

Yeah Dark Matter, it was sick. :tup:

#50 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:06 AM

LOL

Its kinda funny for 10 seconds...

Edited by Mike2077, 02 December 2006 - 03:06 AM.

#51 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

1. Resident Evil 4 - fine

2. The early Final Fantasy games - not cube games, however the ff cube games were "kiddie"

3. Super Mario Series (Most of them aren't childish, albeit a few are) - mario may not seem childish when you were playing them when you were KIDS. They are childish.

4. Zelda Series - windwaker=for kids, stop defending it

5. Super Smash Bros. Series fine

6. Metroid Series fine

7. Goldeneye not for cube, not gonna bother

8. Perfect Dark left nintendo to no suprise

9. Conker's Bad Fur Day not kid material, not grown up material. bad game.

10. Tales of Symphonia kiddie

11. Skies of Arcadia Legends kiddie

12. The Kirby Series dont even have to say it

13. Phantasy Star Online k-i-d-d-i-e

14. Chrono Trigger try to tell me with a straight face that that sh*t isnt kiddie

15. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars most definitly kiddie

Yes sticks, they are.

I wasted my money on a gamecube. Nintendo better release more than 5 half decent games for Wii cause thats all they did with the cube.

#52 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:20 AM

Wii can't be any worse than that sh*tty PS3 i sold off. I really want to get one, but not being a fan of Zelda there's not enough games out there to make it worth it yet.

Both Microsoft and Sony are brilliant at making crisp visuals. Too bad 90% of the games on their platforms are boring and uninventive. At least Nintendo is willing to shake things up and try something new, maybe inject some life into this stale console market.

Blooms, you may be right about childish games, but who the f*ck cares. These games are fun. I am trying to think of the last truly fun game I played on my xbox or ps system.....ummm.... GTA Vice city was fun...but i think if you took it down to hours played, I've played more pikmin than GTA

I'm never buying another sony or microsoft console. I sold off the ps3, gave the ps2 away and i'm about to do the same with the xbox. I'll get myself a lil wii and be happy with that.

#53 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

Wii can't be any worse than that sh*tty PS3 i sold off. I really want to get one, but not being a fan of Zelda there's not enough games out there to make it worth it yet.

Both Microsoft and Sony are brilliant at making crisp visuals. Too bad 90% of the games on their platforms are boring and uninventive. At least Nintendo is willing to shake things up and try something new, maybe inject some life into this stale console market.

Blooms, you may be right about childish games, but who the f*ck cares. These games are fun. I am trying to think of the last truly fun game I played on my xbox or ps system.....ummm.... GTA Vice city was fun...but i think if you took it down to hours played, I've played more pikmin than GTA

I'm never buying another sony or microsoft console. I sold off the ps3, gave the ps2 away and i'm about to do the same with the xbox. I'll get myself a lil wii and be happy with that.

+1

#54 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:29 AM

I dont care if they are childish, that wasnt my point. I said I own a gamecube. I said I'm buying a Wii, but I don't want someone saying hes not putting words in my mouth putting words in my mouth saying Nintendo hasn't turned childish when it is simply untrue. My point was that Nintendo really f*cked up the gamecube, there most recent system, by going childish. Whether they were in the past doesnt matter, because this is the future. I'm not making my $300+ decision based on some games a company put out 10+ years ago.

Chrono Trigger sucks btw lol. You my as well say Pokemon isnt childish Sticks. Look at this game:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've played every game on that list so don't critisize me, however I was a CHILD when I played most of the older ones, so of course they seemed "f*ckin badass"

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 05 December 2006 - 05:33 AM.

#55 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

So we should see blood everywhere some hookers a little bit of drugs to make it less kiddy? I don't see what's kiddy about those pics.

#56 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

So we should see blood everywhere some hookers a little bit of drugs to make it less kiddy? I don't see what's kiddy about those pics.

You are right Pokemaster Mike

#57 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

Gotta catch 'em all son.

Oh and here's a better screen shot of a boss.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mike2077, 05 December 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#58 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:35 PM

Someones a bit defensive because I made fun of his favorite game awwwwww :tup:

cant wait to play with that "inventive" nintendo system playing Mario Party 12 and Super Mario EVERYTHING

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 05 December 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#59 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:36 PM

Haha have you ever even played it? And the super mario games are almost always great. Like Final Fantasy has changed anything in the f*ckin 15 games they continuously release. Wow just some recycled gameplay and same storyline with different people and graphics ooo la la.

Edited by Mike2077, 05 December 2006 - 05:53 PM.

#60 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:42 PM

Oh Jebus, lol, don't even bring Pokemon into this, please. Just let Pokemon go die in a little corner deep in the bowels of Hell where it belongs. :33: That game just, ugh, it makes me weep for the future. When I was about 8 years old I played it, but so did every other kid whose testicles hadn't dropped. That is by far one of the most childish games ever created, and should be one of those extreme outliers we wont even consider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users