77 replies to this topic

#21 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:31 PM

The WII will be much more fun to play with a bunch of people (if you guys actually have friends) :1: and alcohol. PERIOD.

The PSIII will also kick a huge amount of ass if properly connected to a good HDTV and surround sound system. As will Blue Ray HD Movies.

If you are a WII Hater you are a dumbass cuz you have not logged in enough hours on Teh CUbe playin smash bros, monkeyball, Mario Kart etc.

Back in the day my buddy had a xbox, psII and Cube. About 6-10 of us would go there at least 4 days a week with a coupla cases of beer. We'd end up playing the Gamecube 95% of the time. We did this all summer. the Gamecube has noobie friendly games (ie girls can play) and has some of the "funnest" games ever. I am sure the WII will be no different.

The PSIII has awe inspiring power. Im sure a bunch of them will crap out untill they work out the bugs, but you have to respect it for what it is: "one helluva powerfull machine" When they figure out how to write games that actually take advantage of it, it will be sure to kick ass.

I agree that FPS on consoles are teh suck. However don't diss teh consoles. :1:

#22 Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Drug Addict

• Banned
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:38 PM

I just dont want to have to move when playing the games.....WII is tha gay (to me anyway)

#23 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

Stop bashing the wii, damn.
You at least have to try it first.

After you try it, bash all you want.
But man, I tried it at my friends. It rocks.
Z:TP and Wii Sports rock.
And just like RE4 for the cube, it will progress even more until there are some even more kickass games.

As for what I want, its a toss up between Wii and Xbox 360...It's about the cash :(

#24 TheHobo

TheHobo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:34 AM

lucky mother Fer

#25 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

the Wii is probably alot of fun, I kinda want one, but then again I don't think it would be so fun as to be worth the money... would be awesome to have a wii controller for some PC games though!

#26 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:29 AM

yea I dont wanna sit in front of a tv like a f*cking tard swinging my remote around(regardless if im drunk or with my friends lol). great for you 11 year olds tho. and if you read what i posted origially u know that I dont play consoles anyway. so i dont care abt ps3 or anything. Nintendo has always had the bubbly kiddy graphics, so i dont care abt that either.

Fat kid: I exercised today!
notso fat kid: yea? whatd you do?
fat kid: I swung my wii controller while playing Zelda! i think i might lossed 3 pounds!
notso fat kid: ......fatass....

lol jk...but this is something i was thinking abt and laughed at in my head.

Edited by J.Pizzack, 01 December 2006 - 11:29 AM.

#27 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

Nice. I'm sticking with my P.C.

#28 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

All right, I've gotta say something about this whole console thing that has been bugging me for a long time. It isn't directed at anyone, it's just something I think needs to be said:

It's fine if someone doesn't like the Wii or Nintendo, or console games at all, but the whole Nintendo is for kids stereotype is BS. The arguments that people make saying Nintendo consoles are for little kids are:

1. The graphics are childish/cartoony, or bad altogether.
2. Nintendo has kiddy games like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs.

The first argument I honestly don't see being an argument at all. It's not about pushing the system to its limits or pumping out the power trying to hit so many polygons, it's about the style of the game and the gameplay itself. The perfect example of a game like this is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's cel-shaded, and looks like it's taken straight out of a picture book. That's the whole point. Zelda is a fantasy game, and in WW, they were trying to show that fantasy element in a unique and somewhat new way. Their answer was cel-shading. The game really is beautiful, though. The color palettes are just amazing and vibrant, and bright, and it's got an artistic quality to it. That's what Nintendo does. It doesn't try to push the most realistic graphics to impress people, it tries to make the graphics a form of art that match the mood of the game perfectly. This brings me to my next point, Resident Evil 4.

There is no way in hell this game would have the same feel if it was cel-shaded or really bright and colorful. This is the kind of game on the opposite side of the spectrum, where it has a dark feel and it's trying to draw you in to the game as much as possible through gloom and shadows. Thats what all these games try to do, pull you in, its just that in RE4's case, the graphics had to be as realistic as possible to capture the feeling it was representing. RE4, and the RE series in general is also a great example of how Nintendo isn't a kiddy company, it's got a broad range of titles, from preschool age all the way to adults. It's a company that tries to please all members of the family. It's just that, because Nintendo has some of the more well known and better children's games, that's what they have been branded as. The PS2 has just as many children's games if not more than the Gamecube, but it's not branded as a kiddy system because it's got more mature rated and kickass games like God of War, Metal Gear Solid (Which also has an excellent game on the cube, and the series started with Nintendo), and Devil May Cry.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is, if someone doesn't like consoles or Nintendo, or the Wii, that's fine, but one, don't rip on something 'til you've tried it, and two, look at the other consoles, they have children's games just like Nintendo does. Anyway, I'm done ranting, just felt like getting that off my chest. Again, this wasn't directed at anyone, I'm just saying this to anyone who thinks Nintendo is a company for little kids and little kids only. And also, Nintendo can actually build good, functioning pieces of hardware without recalls and months of their consoles being in production before things are actually fixed. They do it right the first time.

And just to prove I can back up what I'm saying, here's a list of some of the best Nintendo games ever made, that aren't childish:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. The early Final Fantasy games
3. Super Mario Series (Most of them aren't childish, albeit a few are)
4. Zelda Series
5. Super Smash Bros. Series
6. Metroid Series
7. Goldeneye
8. Perfect Dark
9. Conker's Bad Fur Day
10. Tales of Symphonia
11. Skies of Arcadia Legends
12. The Kirby Series (Again, this one isn't childish for the most part, it's for all ages, however a few are admittedly for a younger audience)
13. Phantasy Star Online
14. Chrono Trigger
15. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

There, 15 games/series right off the top of my head that aren't children's game that kick some major ass.

#29 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

Sticks just proved how horrible gamecube was, thanks Sticks. Half those f*ckin games/series you listed are for sure childish there buddy. Yes I bought a gamecube. Yes I own Resident Evil 4. No the system wasn't worth my time. Yes I will buy the Wii lol.

Perhaps I'm not a gamer like I used to be though. The only games for t he last 8+ months that I've put any time to at all was Source and a few Command and Conquer games, I feel I could go through life at this point only owning source and I'd be perfectly happy.

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 01 December 2006 - 08:39 PM.

#30 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

Mario party and mario kart. Two games that f*cking own. Nuff said.

#31 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:42 PM

Mario party and mario kart. Two games that f*cking own. Nuff said.

Mario Kart is the f*ckin' win.

Personally I'm gettin' a Wii just to be able to play the new Super Smash Brothers online. I may never need a computer again once I have that. I play Super Smash Brothers Melee on Gamecube religiously still today, so I'm droolling over Brawl.

If I get the chance to do Mario Kart online, Hell that'd be icing on the cake.

#32 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Mario Kart is the f*ckin' win.

Personally I'm gettin' a Wii just to be able to play the new Super Smash Brothers online. I may never need a computer again once I have that. I play Super Smash Brothers Melee on Gamecube religiously still today, so I'm droolling over Brawl.

If I get the chance to do Mario Kart online, Hell that'd be icing on the cake.

Oh god, I know exactly what you're talking about Xiertic. My friends and I played the sh*t out of both the other Smash Bros. games as well as several Mario Karts, and finally being able to play Smash Bros. online is the sole reason I bought a Wii. For me, Zelda was just there to tide me over until Smash Bros. comes out.

And Blooms, most of the games I listed weren't childish. We all know RE isn't for the kiddies. Mario is generally appropriate for all ages, with some being geared towards kids, Smash Bros. is one of the most competitive games ever created so that ones definitely not intended for the kiddies, although some play it. Zelda and Metroid are two classic Nintendo franchises intended for anyone to play. The Metroid Prime games are even more geared towards the teen audience and older, since it's a FPS, as are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, which are classics. Conker's Bad Fur Day definitely isn't a kid's game, and is one of the funniest games I have played in my life. Then Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG and the early Final Fantasies are just classic RPG titles. Kirby I really can't defend, I'll admit he's geared more towards children, and Phantasy Star is an awesome Action RPG. Plus not all of those I listed were Gamecube titles. Again, this is me just trying to defend Nintendo and the 'Cube from it's "child's console" stereotype, not trying to step on anyone's toes.

#33 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

Oh god, I know exactly what you're talking about Xiertic. My friends and I played the sh*t out of both the other Smash Bros. games as well as several Mario Karts, and finally being able to play Smash Bros. online is the sole reason I bought a Wii. For me, Zelda was just there to tide me over until Smash Bros. comes out.

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one.
Hell just today I was making my wife play Melee with me 'cause I was so badly wanting to play against someone else. She got irritated though 'cause she was completely unable to hit me so I just set up a 2 vs 1 with me and her on a team so she could smack around the computer (set at level 3) while I played body guard. Was actually pretty funny, I couldn't help but laugh every time she did the rolling egg move with Yoshi and ended up falling right off the side of the platform (final destination level).

-sighs- Still though, it's just not enough damn it. I need Brawl online. From what I've seen of the (so far) confirmed characters in Brawl, I'm dying to try out Metaknight. :tup:

Edit: It's been hinted at that Sonic might make his debut appearance in Brawl.. God that would be hot.

Edited by Xiertic, 01 December 2006 - 11:14 PM.

#34 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

Pokemon stadium on melee ftw. Me and my buddies would get drunk and play that sh*t all night. Man i am about to play that sh*t right now. Get me some trophies.

Edited by kidcapri, 01 December 2006 - 11:28 PM.

#35 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

I love the starfox level. The big one not the small sh*tty one. Me and my bros played the sh*t out of melee. It's fun to have an all starfox match with all red shells and just reflect em back and forth till they do like 150% in one hit lol, or just do some super sudden death matches. Man that game has some much fun sh*t to do in it, it's just awesome. Who here has beaten the game on very easy without getting hit once? Avoiding masterhand is such a b*tch, but i did it with fox a few times because of the obsession to get every trophy in the game. Can't wait for brawl.

#36 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:41 PM

My friends and I play the game very competitively, using rules similar to tournament matches. We play without items, four stock, 8 minutes. We go to random levels or Final Destination with levels like Ice Mountain, the F-Zero and Metroid levels, Mr. Game and Watch's level, and others turned off. It's crazy! Then once we've gotten our fill of competitive play we will turn on all stages but the moving levels and select either random characters or characters we suck with. Sometimes we also play team matches with Friendly Fire on, and then a couple times we used an Action Replay and had quite a bit of fun with that. That game is the ultimate multiplayer/party game, and Brawl is going to be insane!

P.S.: Sheik And Captain Falcon FTW!

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 01 December 2006 - 11:41 PM.

#37 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:45 PM

God I hate the captain falcon levels. We usually stick to hyrule/starfox/final destination for competitive play and we dont play with items most of the time unless we're just f*ckin around. And juggling b*tches with starfox is so fun. My bro gets pissed when i just continuously juggle him to his doom.

P. S. Starfox pwns joo.

P.P.S. Falco too.

#38 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

Final Destinatilon is my favorite level by far. Besides it I use Kongo Jungle, Mute City, Fourside, and Corneria (or however you spell it). Everything else in random is turned off.

I NEVER, EVER play with items unless it's an event match and I have to. Hate 'em.

I dunno I've never tried beating it on very easy without getting hit, something I'll have to give a whirl I guess. My best achievment I think was beating Event Match 51 (Giga Bowswer ftw) using Roy and never losing a life, and only took something like 53% damage during the thing.

Personally I miss the Hyrule Castle level from the very first game, I wanted so bad for it to be in Melee.

Edit: Oh yeah, Kapri reminded me. I have the Stadium level in my rotation too.

Edited by Xiertic, 02 December 2006 - 12:19 AM.

#39 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:21 AM

1. Resident Evil 4 - fine

2. The early Final Fantasy games - not cube games, however the ff cube games were "kiddie"

3. Super Mario Series (Most of them aren't childish, albeit a few are) - mario may not seem childish when you were playing them when you were KIDS. They are childish.

4. Zelda Series - windwaker=for kids, stop defending it

5. Super Smash Bros. Series fine

6. Metroid Series fine

7. Goldeneye not for cube, not gonna bother

8. Perfect Dark left nintendo to no suprise

9. Conker's Bad Fur Day not kid material, not grown up material. bad game.

10. Tales of Symphonia kiddie

11. Skies of Arcadia Legends kiddie

12. The Kirby Series dont even have to say it

13. Phantasy Star Online k-i-d-d-i-e

14. Chrono Trigger try to tell me with a straight face that that sh*t isnt kiddie

15. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars most definitly kiddie

Yes sticks, they are.

I wasted my money on a gamecube. Nintendo better release more than 5 half decent games for Wii cause thats all they did with the cube.

#40 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:26 AM

14. Chrono Trigger try to tell me with a straight face that that sh*t isnt kiddie

Wasn't kiddie.
In fact, was one of the greatest rpgs ever made for any system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users